PDA

View Full Version : An unwelcomed surprise

Pat
01-03-2007, 05:57 PM
I usually go to my public library to view the contents of the .net site whenever there are pictures/videos to see. That's because I'm still on dial-up.

But today, as I blithly typed in the address, the screen displayed in bold letters "This site is blocked by the ABC Firewall" (paraphrase).

I called the librarian over and she experienced the same thing. site blocked.

That's the Bossier Parish Library system in NW Louisiana. All my other favorite sites come through.

OK, fess up, who posted a naughty word.

MM2004
01-03-2007, 05:59 PM
Ummmm,...

He went..that way.

:D

Mike.

usafsniper
01-03-2007, 06:15 PM
Not knocking the server admins at all, but I've experienced the same thing here in Korea. I know it has something to do with them trying to maintain the security of personal information here from those who would use it to ill gain. ISPs from North and South Korea are probably not easy to discriminate from. BUT, they worked with me diligently to correct the error and if you contact them directly I'm sure the problem can be sorted out. "Phishing" is a huge problem now, and I for one, am glad for the efforts to keep my personal information confidential. Shoot them a line and they'll fix you right up.

I usually go to my public library to view the contents of the .net site whenever there are pictures/videos to see. That's because I'm still on dial-up.

But today, as I blithly typed in the address, the screen displayed in bold letters "This site is blocked by the ABC Firewall" (paraphrase).

That's the Bossier Parish Library system in NW Louisiana. All my other favorite sites come through.

RCSignals
01-03-2007, 09:05 PM

Maybe it's the word 'Marauder' they don't like?