PDA

View Full Version : Somebody was Screwin' with my SUPERDUTY!

jabird56
01-03-2007, 06:48 PM
Well, yesterday I thought it was time for new brake pads/rotors on the front of the SUPERDUTY from the way the front end was handling.
This afternoon I came home early to meet up with a glass person to fix a stone chip on the MM. As the glass person was packing up to leave I looked down at the Right Front wheel of my SUPERDUTY, and thought "THAT'S NOT RIGHT". Seems like somebody was messin' with me or at some point was attempting to do a "borrowing" of my SUPERDUTY tire and rim (pics enclosed). Tightened the remaining nuts up and called my friendly neighborhood FORD dealer and they said to bring it right in.
Well they looked at it and said that they never saw anything like this before and that this potential vandalism screwed up the rim and the rotor, and that they would have to order parts and have it ready for tomorrow. BUMMER!

OH YEAH,....Happy New Year!
At least I didn't find out the HARD WAY that things were screwed up.

shakes_26
01-03-2007, 06:54 PM
man glad you caught in time, bastages.

rvaldez1
01-03-2007, 07:08 PM
Good thing you looked, that would have been one bad situation.

RCSignals
01-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Very good thing you didn't just drive it before you discovered it!

Probably no sense making an insurance claim?

HwyCruiser
01-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Wow, now that's screwed up. Looks like vandalism too me and hopefully it was nothing sinister. Can you remember where you were just before it started feeling funny? You might think about doing a walk-around before hopping in and taking off for awhile. Some people just aren't right.

Black_Noise
01-03-2007, 11:46 PM
get a cheapo security camera, then when u see someone playing with YOUR stuff, run out and break a hot glass coffe pot on thier head!

O's Fan Rich
01-04-2007, 04:50 AM
Are you sure they were after the rims and not you? Any signs of jacking the truck?:fire:
Got any enemies?:flamer:
Did you piss the 'Ol Lady off?:argue:
Did you see "Fatal Attraction"?:nono:
Let's be careful out there!!!

Glad you found it out early.:2thumbs:

RoyLPita
01-04-2007, 04:55 AM
While you are at the Ford dealer, see if there is a locking lug nut set available. Also, I believe that you can keep that rim as a spare just in case.

cyclopsram
01-04-2007, 05:17 AM
Who was the last one to install and properly torque the nuts on that wheel assembly?
Did you check the others for proper torque after finding the one loose?

I try to do a walkaround every time I leave my vehicles in a shopping center or a parking garage ....even for an hour... RAM