PDA

View Full Version : I must look like a rolling commercial

Blackmobile
01-07-2007, 09:29 AM
How many of the MM owners realize they talk to way more people about their MM than any other car they have owned. I've noticed it before but lately it's gone a bit over the top.
I've had little children come up to me with their parents to see my 98 TA vert, but now the parents want to talk to me about the MM. I've had countless conversations at traffic lights, Mall parking lots, and at the car wash. My latest event happened last night at my apt. complex at about 11:30 when one of my neighbors which I rarely talk to comes up to the car and asks " What kind of car is that, is it like the Marowders". I immediately had to correct his pronunciation. To keep the conversation short I usually tell them it's a Big BadA$$ Cobra, with trunk space. I'm really curios where these people here about these cars since they stopped manufacturing them. It's not as if they are kids talking about them is groups, but adults that have a serious curiosity about the MM. I'm not complaining about it but it seems I need someone like Vanna White in the passenger seat to do the presentation. All this makes me think I might need a more aggressive alarm system, with all these eyes on my MM.

BAD MERC
01-07-2007, 10:04 AM
I am the same way. It takes me an hour to fill up at the gas station.

dwasson
01-07-2007, 10:20 AM
Tell 'em it's a Mustang Cobra with a job and a mortgage.

de minimus
01-07-2007, 10:24 AM
I get positive comments all of the time....yesterday a new silver Mustang GT rolled up to the stop line next to me. The guy rolled down his window and said to me "Nice car, wish I could have bought one of those".
Now I take that coment as a huge compliment given what he was driving.
I've had my MM for 2 years now and I still look for excuses to drive it...go the grocery store, take the long way, etc.

lastdaze04
01-07-2007, 10:46 AM
I get the same thing here. I live in E. Texas I have people coming up to me all the time, had one kid even ask me if he wanted to trade his 96 blck mer marquis for mine, I said only if the car is as fast, he said sure I then told him I have a blower on it and I swear he almost started drooling. I too am thinking about putting an alarm on it "LoJack" or something similar.
The young Brs around here want to pimp it up put some 22 in chrome spinners on it. It is a thought, but I'm almost 50 and My wife may not want to be seen in the car if I do anything more showy that what it is.:nono:
anyway FWIW.
Rick

Raudermaster
01-07-2007, 11:15 AM
I'm the same way. You do not know how many older gentlemen with CV LXS and even retired P71's come up to me and say, "I have the same engine as you." Then I have to get into detail that they don't.

00 Aggie
01-07-2007, 08:54 PM
Nice car yes, Cobra its not!

Blackmobile
01-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Well when you get to 100,000 miles and carrying and the extra weight we do and still :burn: burn the tires off the car, then what you say may have some weight:poke:.

ctrlraven
01-07-2007, 10:49 PM
I've even thought of printing out a one page info sheet on the car and just so I could hand it to someone and go about my business. Not that I don't like talking to people but I always get caught when I'm in a rush and have some place to be.

1stMerc
01-07-2007, 11:06 PM
There's also one question we don't get to hear. Mustang, which one? Impala, which one? Cadillac, which one? Charger, which one? Magnum, which one? Chrysler 300, which one?

MARAUDER, ......enough said.

Smiles for miles
Waymon

Ryans PI
01-07-2007, 11:33 PM
I used to compliments all the time with my old red Vic.

Someone the other day walked up to me with my current Vic and said "Nice Town Car".:rolleyes:

magindat
01-08-2007, 06:49 AM
I got questions and comments when it was black. Now, I can't freakin go anywhere without head turns and questions and comments. Most of the time I like it. Sometimes I don't have time for it, but it's always cool. The only one I hate, though... Is it a fixed up crown vic? No, it's a MARAUDER!

bigjon
01-08-2007, 03:39 PM
when i worked at my old mercury dealership, my boss let me take 2 different marauders home with me over 2 different weekends. a black one and a blue one.

i was going to buy the blue one, but my wife wouldn't let me. i was getting looks and congrats everywhere i went.

i have been spending everyday of my life ever since trying to convince myself that my car is almost as good. :( :)

bigjon
01-08-2007, 03:41 PM
http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/191318/fullsize/dsc02416.jpg

see... she's pretty.:D say hi to betty.:cool4:

Blackmobile
01-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Hi Betty, I like your interchangeable grill.

MarauderTJA
01-08-2007, 06:55 PM
You are right on the money Ed. Of all the high performance cars I have owned, my Marauder without question has gotten the most attention and praise. That is why I sold my 01 Mustang GT (which was highly modified) and put the money in my MM, I just absolutely love this car:D. What more could you ask for. Plenty of room, first class ride, great looks and incredible performance that makes Z06 owners say WTF:eek: .

texascorvette
01-08-2007, 08:33 PM
when i worked at my old mercury dealership, my boss let me take 2 different marauders home with me over 2 different weekends. a black one and a blue one.

i was going to buy the blue one, but my wife wouldn't let me. i was getting looks and congrats everywhere i went.

i have been spending everyday of my life ever since trying to convince myself that my car is almost as good. :( :)
shoulda bought the blue marauder and got rid of the wife!!!!!

bigjon
01-09-2007, 09:16 PM
lol, i won't say the thought crossed my mind. i do still regret it, oh well.

thanks for noticing my grille. i bought an oem black one and painted it body color. not too shabby.

Bluerauder
01-10-2007, 07:10 AM
Mine was just the opposite. The wife wasn't thrilled with the Black MM sinister look; but liked the Blue MM at first sight. :D Me, too !!! :bows: