PDA

View Full Version : Marauder Sighting. Nanuet NY

RedMerc04
01-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Over the past week I have been seeing a DTR parked in a commuter parking lot in Nanuet near rte 304 and 59. The car has some kind of special Jersey plate and has the "MARAUDER" licence plate bracket and i believe it has the factory spoiler. No tint and the exhaust appears to be stock, no extended tips. Anybody on here?

ezratty
01-10-2007, 11:03 AM
I'm up in the North Rockland area
but I have a black '03

RedMerc04
01-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Yeah, Ive seen a few around these parts. I know somebody off middletown road in Nanuet owns a black one and I see another DTR around West Nyack alot the other DTR has a crome grand marquis grille though so we're pretty easy to tell apart. For such a rare car we have a decent handful around Rockland but I take it that most are not members here. Hopefully a few conversations in the future will change that...

MENINBLK
01-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Where Are You Guys When We Meet In Woodbury Commons ???

Who wants to meet for lunch tomorrow at the Palisades Center ???

RedMerc04
01-10-2007, 06:08 PM
Where Are You Guys When We Meet In Woodbury Commons ???

Who wants to meet for lunch tomorrow at the Palisades Center ???
Im not sure Ive never heard anything about woodbury commons, Ive got a pretty hectic work schedule for about the next month and after that Ill be back in school but come spring time Ill be much more available. Last summer I usually went up to the Bear Mtn car show from 7 to 9 on wednsday nights. There are also weekly cruise ins at annies in stony point off 9w which are pretty cool. Ive been the lone marauderer at every event ive been to...

ezratty
01-10-2007, 08:22 PM
we should start making appearances at the mall cruise this spring. and with this wacky weather that could be sooner than we think

RedMerc04
01-11-2007, 06:01 AM
we should start making appearances at the mall cruise this spring. and with this wacky weather that could be sooner than we think
Which mall? Ive been to the Nanuet Mall cruise in a couple of times, most of those guys do bear mtn too. Thats held on friday nights probably starting in May at 7 pm. Does the palisades have any cruise nights? I really hate that place but if there is something decent there Id be interested

ezratty
01-11-2007, 06:17 AM
the only one i know is the nanuet mall one on friday nights, i try to get out there when i can.

MENINBLK
01-11-2007, 12:38 PM
I thought the Nanuet Police stopped cruising a few years ago.

You need to check into the forum at least once a week when we post up a meet.
We can met at various places.
Sometimes we meet at Bennigan's, off the Saw Mill River parkway in Yonkers,
or at Uno's in Central Valley, near Woodbury Commons.
There are also meetings in Jersey too !

ezratty
01-12-2007, 09:20 AM
they were running get togethers into late summer in '06.

RedMerc04
01-12-2007, 11:50 AM
[quote=MENINBLK;460759]I thought the Nanuet Police stopped cruising a few years ago.
quote]
What you're probably thinking of is what they call "car club" They meet on sunday nights further west on 59 by the spring valley/Clarkstown border. Clarkstown police often break that up because its a bunch of younger kids and ricers who meet up and then try to show off by doing burnouts and stuff in a strip mall parking lot. These events are pretty large and often lead to tons of street racing so the cops do their best to control it. The car show at the mall is a much more mature crowd with just american muscle. Cops never bother :D

ezratty
01-12-2007, 12:20 PM
Right, the dunkin donuts/taco bell parking lot was a haven for loud ricers.

I wish there was a strip locally where you could do it legally