PDA

View Full Version : Holden Commodore SS Coming to US

Vortex
01-10-2007, 08:58 AM
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=117004

Supposed to be unveiled at the Chicago Auto Show next month. Coming next year as a Pontiac. This is supposed to be a fantastic car. Wish Ford would do the same with the Falcon.

http://www.jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2007/01/holden_pontiac_chicago.jpg

RR|Suki
01-10-2007, 09:15 AM
as long as they don't call it a GTO it could be a hit :lol: :D

ctrlraven
01-10-2007, 09:17 AM
I would love to see FPV being sold in the US. The Holden Commodore SS is an attractive 4-dr car. I think it will do it will do well here.

Raudermaster
01-10-2007, 09:57 AM
Ford sucks. They do not know how to market, and are afraid to take big jumps. Dodge isn't afraid to stuff Hemi's in everything they make. If Ford brings/bases their designs on FPV vehicles, my next vehicle will be an FPV one.

STLR FN
01-10-2007, 12:33 PM
bigslim mentioned something about this back in Aug '06. Supposed to be the next Grand Prix.

Grand Prix (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29684)

Breadfan
01-10-2007, 12:38 PM
That's cool! I guess the American automakers are realizing that it's not just the Australians who like American muscle cars. ;)

Larry Staunton
01-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Maybe the Australian Falcon will be the next Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis and Town Car?

MarauderMark
01-10-2007, 02:59 PM
:laugh:

as long as they don't call it a GTO it could be a hit :lol: :D

Allmost the same thought .was thinking a cross betwwen gto and mazda6 :D

MENINBLK
01-10-2007, 05:09 PM
Ford sucks. They do not know how to market, and are afraid to take big jumps. Dodge isn't afraid to stuff Hemi's in everything they make. If Ford brings/bases their designs on FPV vehicles, my next vehicle will be an FPV one.

You gotta remember that the HEMI that Dodge claims it is using is NOT REALLY a HEMI.
It is a Daimler engine.
If it was a HEMI, that video of the Charger trying to get traction down the 1/4 mile wouldn't exist.
It would have been a video of a Charger melting its tires at the launch.

There hasn't been a HEMI since the late 60s and there never will be
no matter how hard Daimler and Chrysler/Dodge try.
If it was a REAL HEMI, we'd all be trading in our Marauders...

MarauderMark
01-10-2007, 05:12 PM
You gotta remember that the HEMI that Dodge claims it is using is NOT REALLY a HEMI.
It is a Daimler engine.
If it was a HEMI, that video of the Charger trying to get traction down the 1/4 mile wouldn't exist.

Yeah but alota people fell for it.For some reason :bs: sells:rolleyes::D

MENINBLK
01-10-2007, 05:16 PM

If FORD had the Marketing $$ that Chrysler wasted on HEMI, we'd have some serious wheels to drive.

Stew
01-12-2007, 11:32 PM

It's called marketing and tell me what the new "Boss" cammer motors Ford is coming out with has even remotely in common with the OHV Bosses of yesteryear? At least the Hemi is close, it is still OHV and least has semihemi heads, actually a better desing than the old Hemi, FY!, the 6.1 and the 426 Hemi make the same HP and the 6.1 gets MUCH better gas mileage......

RCSignals
01-13-2007, 03:48 PM
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=117004

Supposed to be unveiled at the Chicago Auto Show next month. Coming next year as a Pontiac. This is supposed to be a fantastic car. Wish Ford would do the same with the Falcon.

http://www.jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2007/01/holden_pontiac_chicago.jpg

It looks dated. Reminds me a little of the last generation Mustang, crossed with the FWD Impala

ChiTownMaraud3r
01-13-2007, 03:57 PM
Looks like a Mazda. :confused:

RCSignals
01-13-2007, 04:05 PM
Looks like a Mazda. :confused:

that too .

RCSignals
01-13-2007, 04:09 PM
It's called marketing and tell me what the new "Boss" cammer motors Ford is coming out with has even remotely in common with the OHV Bosses of yesteryear? At least the Hemi is close, it is still OHV and least has semihemi heads, actually a better desing than the old Hemi, FY!, the 6.1 and the 426 Hemi make the same HP and the 6.1 gets MUCH better gas mileage......

What's your point?

the "BOSS" cammer engines aren't marketed the way DCX marketed / hyped the "new" Hemi.

who cares if the "Hemi" is OHV ? It's not even a "Hemi"
at least it's made in Mexico........:)

Shora
01-13-2007, 04:12 PM

Thank you!

Pure HEMI or not they are much more powerful than anything from its American rivals.

Shora
01-13-2007, 04:18 PM
It looks dated. Reminds me a little of the last generation Mustang, crossed with the FWD Impala

Good point. I don't think that the Aussi cars look better at all but they do have much better powertrains than what is offered here in US. It gets me mad when an American Company offers other markets better cars than they offer here.

cyclopsram
01-13-2007, 05:10 PM
None of those little cars can touch my Panthers... for durability and friendliness...RAM

Big House
01-13-2007, 05:59 PM
It is a Daimler engine.

I don't care what it has under the hood...i ain't giving up the Marauder

99SVT
01-14-2007, 12:23 AM
They're quite comfortable and roomy, I was vacationing in Australia last March and made a point of going to the dealerships in Sydney to check out the Aussie cars. The option list on their cars are quite impressive, the Falcon has 4 engine options as well as 4 transmission options, color optoins are like old muscle cars', sat nav, etc. Their cars have European suspension without the excessive electronics, and American powerplants with less emissions crap and more transmission options.