PDA

View Full Version : Friggin Greed?

pantheroc
01-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Although these are valuable services, I don't think the monthly costs are worth what is charged and is nothing but greed.:mad:

1.) A health monitoring system (press button hanging from neck) charges seniors/disabled ~$39/mo (okay they say "The xxxxxx service costs little more than a dollar a day, there are no hidden costs, no long-term contracts, and you may discontinue xxxxxx at any time.") They also quote that they have over 500,000 seniors/disabled under their help. So 500,000 x ~$39/mo. = $1.95million/mo = $234million a year coming into the company. You think they have highly paid workers answering the alarms? Some way to show respect for seniors and disabled! Do they justify it because the government (us taxpayers) reimburse some of the cost?

2.) Security monitoring companies. ~$33/mo. Multiply that one by the number of subscribers. Does the company really need that much cash coming in? As far as I'm concerned, someone cuts your phone line, what good is the security system monitoring service?

I'm suprised the competition isn't bringing the prices down.

I'm done b!tching.....:)

JonW
01-12-2007, 03:33 PM
I have a friend who owns a security company. He charges $29.50 a month for monitoring. He makes about $2 on that. The rest he pays to the monitoring company.

O's Fan Rich
01-12-2007, 03:34 PM
I have a friend who owns a security company. He charges $29.50 a month for monitoring. He makes about $2 on that. The rest he pays to the monitoring company.

We charge 23.00 at our own UL listed FM approved Central Station.

You're in my area of expertise here.
Oh, and Jon... I'm willing to bet it's the other way around for your friend. All you gotta do is look in the back of the trade mags...

O's Fan Rich
01-12-2007, 03:39 PM
Although these are valuable services, I don't think the monthly costs are worth what is charged and is nothing but greed.:mad:

1.) A health monitoring system (press button hanging from neck) charges seniors/disabled ~$39/mo (okay they say "The xxxxxx service costs little more than a dollar a day, there are no hidden costs, no long-term contracts, and you may discontinue xxxxxx at any time.") They also quote that they have over 500,000 seniors/disabled under their help. So 500,000 x ~$39/mo. = $1.95million/mo = $234million a year coming into the company. You think they have highly paid workers answering the alarms? Some way to show respect for seniors and disabled! Do they justify it because the government (us taxpayers) reimburse some of the cost?

2.) Security monitoring companies. ~$33/mo. Multiply that one by the number of subscribers. Does the company really need that much cash coming in? As far as I'm concerned, someone cuts your phone line, what good is the security system monitoring service?

I'm suprised the competition isn't bringing the prices down.

I'm done b!tching.....:)

If you knew how expensive running a Security Company is, well, you more than likely don't.
Just e&o costs us 75k a year, then my Blue Cross Blue sheild is 20 k a month, then I have trucks, gas , insurances, payroll, taxes, other overhead... shall I go on?
You need to find a good reputable Company to do this for you? Pm me. I'll help.

pantheroc
01-12-2007, 03:49 PM
If you knew how expensive running a Security Company is, well, you more than likely don't.
Just e&o costs us 75k a year, then my Blue Cross Blue sheild is 20 k a month, then I have trucks, gas , insurances, payroll, taxes, other overhead... shall I go on?
You need to find a good reputable Company to do this for you? Pm me. I'll help.
Your right, I don't know much about running a Security Company. Thanks for putting some things into perspective. From an end customer point of view it does seems unreasonable.

GAMike
01-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Or you could get a Dog:D

Sorry Rich not meaning to step on ur toes here:lol:

O's Fan Rich
01-12-2007, 04:37 PM
Your right, I don't know much about running a Security Company. Thanks for putting some things into perspective. From an end customer point of view it does seems unreasonable.

You're right on the "senior" buttons. I've sold and installed full security and fire systems in peoples homes, with a 24hour emergency button to wear, for less then some of those companies sell a plug in unsupervised "alert system". And our monthly rates are lower.

In the alarm businees you rarley make a profit on an installation, the monitoring is the key to survival.... was NOT always that way.

Dogs are great! I've got one. Your security system can also protect your furry family member. You don't want to know what some bad guy's do to pets....:puke:

dwasson
01-12-2007, 05:51 PM
The only way to judge what something is worth is what someone is willing to pay. Saying that you think something is too expensive is like arguing about gravity.

RCSignals
01-12-2007, 07:39 PM
The only way to judge what something is worth is what someone is willing to pay. Saying that you think something is too expensive is like arguing about gravity.

yeah, anti gravity
http://yags.sfcave.com/

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/dp5/gravity.htm