PDA

View Full Version : I'm in the Philadelphia/Mt. Holly NJ Area

jabird56
01-13-2007, 01:00 PM
I'm currently visiting the parents in the Mt. Holly NJ area for the next few days. Any MM'rs interested with getting together sometime this week? I'm committed already on Thursday evening and fly back to Omaha on Friday.

MM03MOK
01-13-2007, 01:15 PM
Of course Thursday is my only free evening in Philly this week. I'm going to John Taxin's (JET) restaurant that night. Any locals want to join me? http://bookbinders.biz/about.php

jabird56
01-13-2007, 01:57 PM
BOOKBINDERS, I'll have to see about modifying my schedule for Thursday evening. :-)

Mary, you have my contact info to coordinate.

Of course Thursday is my only free evening in Philly this week. I'm going to John Taxin's (JET) restaurant that night. Any locals want to join me? http://bookbinders.biz/about.php

sspmustang
01-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Bookbinders, eh? I'm more of a Pat's King of Steaks fan myself.. :D

MarauderMark
01-14-2007, 05:24 AM

Gonna see if we can make it too::D
Reservations are a must? Also what time are you guys going to be there?

Bookbinders, eh? I'm more of a Pat's King of Steaks fan myself.. :D
Across the street is better:up:
I'd mail you one but i don't think you would appreciate it once it got to you.

MM03MOK
01-14-2007, 05:55 AM
Gonna see if we can make it too::D
Reservations are a must? Also what time are you guys going to be there?
Don't tell me we're finally going to meet each other!! :D I'm very flexible on time. I'm free from early afternoon on. 6:30ish?

jabird56
01-14-2007, 07:38 AM
Don't tell me we're finally going to meet each other!! :D I'm very flexible on time. I'm free from early afternoon on. 6:30ish?

6:30PM works for me. I do believe reservations would be a good idea. Total of 2 coming here.

MarauderMark
01-14-2007, 08:48 AM

Going to throw this at Peg see what she says before i commit.and maybe we can get there early too.:D

jabird56
01-14-2007, 03:32 PM
Thinking ahead I have made reservations online with Bookbinders. I tried for a group of 10 (just in case); however, nothing was available within a 2 hour window either side of 6PM. I then reduced it to a group of 8, of which we have reservations for 8 at 6PM this Thursday evening at Bookbinders. This leaves us with 2 seats to fill at the table with MM enthusiasts.
So if anybody is interested in meeting up for dinner in Philadelphia this week, by all means...chime in. :beer:

MarauderMark
01-15-2007, 04:41 AM
Thinking ahead I have made reservations online with Bookbinders. I tried for a group of 10 (just in case); however, nothing was available within a 2 hour window either side of 6PM. I then reduced it to a group of 8, of which we have reservations for 8 at 6PM this Thursday evening at Bookbinders. This leaves us with 2 seats to fill at the table with MM enthusiasts.
So if anybody is interested in meeting up for dinner in Philadelphia this week, by all means...chime in. :beer:

Found out last night it cannot happen this thursday as i we will be busy in Nj most likely all day..D****t!! I am sorry again Mary i am trying:D. I will pm you.

Bluerauder
01-15-2007, 06:16 AM
Thinking ahead I have made reservations online with Bookbinders.
I would think that JET could arrange preferred seating for you in the VIP section. ;)

MM03MOK
01-15-2007, 07:31 AM
I would think that JET could arrange preferred seating for you in the VIP section. ;)
VIP section? I think his whole restaurant is a VIP section! :D

Loco1234
01-15-2007, 12:37 PM
Are you talking about Thursday the 18th of January....
Cuz my Marauder is down due to engine being pulled for mods....
...but I live about 2hours up I476 and would talk the trip to come eat and meet some people...

If I came the member on here known as PACAMMER would come also....

jabird56
01-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Are you talking about Thursday the 18th of January....
Cuz my Marauder is down due to engine being pulled for mods....
...but I live about 2hours up I476 and would talk the trip to come eat and meet some people...

If I came the member on here known as PACAMMER would come also....

Thursday the 18th it is, at 6PM at Bookbinders. Still have room since MarauderMark is unable to attend.

And don't worry I too am Marauderless, as I left it home in the garage in Omaha. My guess is MM03MOK is leaving her MM on the Cape when she comes down to Phili tommorrow.

http://bookbinders.biz/about.php

Marauder
01-16-2007, 07:48 AM
Is Thursday the official day for the meet? I can meet only today or tomorrow.

jabird56
01-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Is Thursday the official day for the meet? I can meet only today or tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I only have Thursday evening available to meet some MM'rs. I believe MM03MOK (aka Bunny) only has Thursday evening open also, as she is travelling in from the Cape today.

MM03MOK
01-16-2007, 12:24 PM
I've arrived! Yes, Thursday afternoon and evening is my only free time. I'm at the Sofitel.

Marauder
01-17-2007, 02:18 PM
What time on Thursday? What's the deal with Bookbinders? Are we getting a special price? Also, I have a "parking" proposition that may work out cheaper since I live very close by and parking is expensive and/or scarce in that area sometimes.

MM03MOK
01-17-2007, 04:08 PM
Time is 6pm (post #14). I tried emailing John today but it got kicked back. Just tried calling now but his voicemail box is full. He'll be in later tonite, so I'll call again. I'm not expecting any special price. I'll be taking a cab from my hotel. Do we have a final count? I know Jay has us down for a table of 8. I'm down for 2.

X369
01-17-2007, 04:24 PM
I'm going to try to be there - don't think it will be until sometime after 6 if I can though...

Ron

jabird56
01-17-2007, 05:47 PM
The count that I'm seeing from the thread right now is:

myself + 1 = 2
MM03MOK + 1 = 2
LOCO1234 + PACAMMER = 2
X369 = 1
MARAUDER = 1
TOTAL: 8

Now this was the largest group table that I could get for the day and time (at the time). Bookbinders may have additional room for 2 to 4 and separate tables,...I'm guessing.

LOCO1234 and PACAMMER if you could confirm that your planning on attending the gathering, we would appreciate.

Now the friend I'm bringing, isn't a MM owner but should be. He is currently a BMWr owner, any friendly MM push I would have fun with.

Marauder
01-18-2007, 07:41 AM
The count that I'm seeing from the thread right now is:

myself + 1 = 2
MM03MOK + 1 = 2
LOCO1234 + PACAMMER = 2
X369 = 1
MARAUDER = 1
TOTAL: 8

Now this was the largest group table that I could get for the day and time (at the time). Bookbinders may have additional room for 2 to 4 and separate tables,...I'm guessing.

LOCO1234 and PACAMMER if you could confirm that your planning on attending the gathering, we would appreciate.

Now the friend I'm bringing, isn't a MM owner but should be. He is currently a BMWr owner, any friendly MM push I would have fun with.

I think I'm gonna have to pass. I'd need to leave by about 6:15 due to prior plans.....unless anyone wanted to meet up earlier so I can say hi. :)

Loco1234
01-18-2007, 08:57 AM
If the dinner is set at 6:00pm tonight both myself and PACAMMER willbe unable to attend....

...but if the dinner is later in the evening 7:30 on... we would have no problem attending... (please pm or email me if this is the case...)

Unfortunately, we will both be at work until 5pm and have a 2hr ride to get there....

A 6:00 dinner is not gonna work for us either....
sorry...

Although I hope to see everyone at carisle this year. I would like to get the total numbers of participants and see about doing a pig roast at the carisle event....

jabird56
01-18-2007, 01:52 PM
So it looks like we're down for a potential 5 for dinner now.

Bigdogjim
01-18-2007, 01:54 PM
Sorry I work nights, however I am in no shape to travel right now.

jabird56
01-18-2007, 07:47 PM
And then there was 4. MM03MOK, her sister, a long time friend of mine, and myself met at Bookbinders for dinner this evening and had a great time. As Mary's sister and my friend were both in the medical business there was interesting conversation between hospital stuff here in South Jersey and Cape Cod. And of course the discussions about our Marauders, her sister's JEEP (I stand corrected) and the Porsches that my friend races. John Taxin has a fabulous restaurant and the food was awlsome,....I WILL BE BACK!

Mary it was great to finally meet you and hope to cross paths again, maybe with the upcoming Kentucky run being planning for later this Spring.

MM03MOK
01-18-2007, 07:53 PM
What about the JEEP?? It's got a Marauder ashtray in it!! :lol: Yes, a lovely evening. Thanks Jay, and Dean too, for trekking into the City. It was very nice to finally meet you too! and would love to see you in KY! John is busy as ever but stopped by our table a number of times. Bookie's is a great treat when in Philly. I'm sorry our other Marauder friends weren't able to join us, especially my buddy MarauderMark. Some day, Mark! Jim....sorry you couldn't make it either....you're where you should be....get well soon!