PDA

View Full Version : Send Me Your Money!

Motorhead350
01-15-2007, 02:00 AM
Naa I don't want you guys to actually do that. I'm really thinking about pushing to get a blower before summer starts and was wondering what to do for it. I was thinking of getting a job at Jiffy Lube, but I have no idea if you need any training or an amature certification so if anyone knows please tell me. I have worked as an assistant manager at a restaurant for 2 years and car porter for 2 years... anyone know what places would look up at me for these past jobs?

I know this may seem stupid, but I like getting advice from everyone and also the title is a reference to a song by Suicidal Tendencies... I think at least two of you know what I am talking about. :cool:

Mike
01-15-2007, 08:14 AM
How about just calling a Jiffy Lube and asking them!

MM03MOK
01-15-2007, 08:17 AM
How about just calling a Jiffy Lube and asking them!
^^^ What Mike said. ^^^

http://www.jiffylube.com/Company/cpy_CorpJobs.aspx

To apply for a job as a Jiffy Lube service center technician, contact the Jiffy Lube store nearest you (http://www.jiffylube.com/StoreLocator/SLAdvSearch.aspx) for an employment application.

Hotrauder
01-15-2007, 11:07 AM
Good plan. You are made for each other. Dennis:)

Motorhead350
01-15-2007, 01:38 PM
I was planning on stopping by, but I thought I'd ask anyone here if they had any experience first. Thanks for the info though. ;)

RCSignals
01-15-2007, 01:41 PM
Good plan. You are made for each other. Dennis:)

Mike and Mary, or motorhead350 and Jiffy Lube :lol:

Leadfoot281
01-15-2007, 02:31 PM
Why not put a plow on your Blazer and clear some parking lots with it? I've heard some people get pretty good money doing that.

BTW, I'm a fan of S.T too. IMO Lights, camera, revolution was their best album.

Motorhead350
01-15-2007, 03:21 PM
Theres a few problems with putting a plow on my Blazer. It costs money, I don't know what I'm doing, it's like not snowing here and last it slowly bends the frame over time, but thanks for the idea.

As far as Suicidal Tendencies the first album is my favorite followed by FreeDumb.

MotorHead350 at Jiffy Lube does sound kinda funny. I'll make sure every detail is perfect like making sure Diesel spark plugs are clean, the VW radiator is working good and all tires have good pressure in 70's era Saturns.

Leadfoot281
01-15-2007, 04:25 PM
I've been eyeing a 350 powered '86 Chevy Suburban 4x4 with a nice myers plow on it. They want $800 for it but I'm certain that's negotiable.

If I lived closer to a large city, I'd snap it up in a heartbeat. You just need to contact a few large apartment complexes or stores and be ready to get up earlly in the morning.

Pushing snow isn't any tougher than cutting lawns...back an forth, back and fourth. And, much like cutting lawns, it can be an all cash business..(wink wink).

Snow is a problem this year though...

Rider90
01-15-2007, 04:36 PM
Theres a few problems with putting a plow on my Blazer. It costs money, I don't know what I'm doing, it's like not snowing here and last it slowly bends the frame over time, but thanks for the idea.

Bends the frame over time - Where did you hear that garbage? The driver can do damage to the frame if he is not careful. Just like with everything else..."Operator Error" the plow isn't to blame. Ask anyone who plows...And yes, there is good money in plowing once you have the plow and front half paid off.

Motorhead350
01-15-2007, 08:29 PM
I forgot who told me that, but I heard it years ago. I didn't think about the driver error of hitting stuff... it's these little things that I never think about. I heard it bends the frame because of the pushing all the time. I still don't know what to think about it now that you mentioned it could be the driver is who is to blame.

the_pack_rat
01-15-2007, 09:36 PM
Mike and Mary, or motorhead350 and Jiffy Lube :lol:

Definitely Dominick & the Jiffy Lube.

:D

I tried one of those places ONCE in my life when I was @ 17 or so.

Yanked the dipstick to double check the oil level when I left there ... & I had that light colored watery "gomp" on the dipstick, NEVER AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Joe Walsh
01-15-2007, 10:04 PM
Definitely Dominick & the Jiffy Lube.

:D

I tried one of those places ONCE in my life when I was @ 17 or so.

Yanked the dipstick to double check the oil level when I left there ... & I had that light colored watery "gomp" on the dipstick, NEVER AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

OH YEAH!

A good friend of mine was a Service Adviser at a local auto repair shop and he would relate horror stories of post Jiffy-Lube customers bringing in their wounded cars for service.
He would often find motor oil in the brake master cylinder, transmission fluid in the oil pan and other incredible Jiffy Lube 'F-ups'.
I can happily say that I have never, EVER taken any of my cars to Jiffy-Lube.

Although....he never found Diesel fuel in the gas tank!...;)...j/k

1 Bad Merc
01-15-2007, 11:06 PM
If you just get a regular 2 wd truck it will eventually wear out the front end plowing. I believe the 4 X 4's are built alot stronger and should take the punishment. Not sure what your insurance costs would be for plowing...As for Jiffy Lube, you probably should just go in and talk to the Manager directly. I would stress to him your punctuality, work ethic and how you really enjoy working on people's cars. Hopefully this will work for you!

Brad

Motorhead350
01-15-2007, 11:13 PM
Thanks because eventhough my last job paid quite well I enjoyed being a car porter much more so I never hesitated to go to work or have any problem with putting in extra hours.

Bluerauder
01-16-2007, 07:38 AM
Although....he never found Diesel fuel in the gas tank!...;)...j/k
Or Kerosene ?? ..... ;)

DefyantExWife
01-16-2007, 09:00 PM
sometimes one needs to be lubed in a jiffy, no matter how amateur the job ....

Are you a good loober MH ? :baaa:

Motorhead350
01-16-2007, 10:38 PM
Yes I have had lots of practice. :lol:

Also I will keep the Kerosene always from other Marauders!

RCSignals
01-17-2007, 04:11 PM
sometimes one needs to be lubed in a jiffy, no matter how amateur the job ....

Are you a good loober MH ? :baaa:

Did you used to write under the pen name 'Anonymous' ?

Motorhead350
01-17-2007, 07:52 PM
I never have. I don't work there yet. I don't even know if I will. I wanna, but something that pays more might have an offer for me in a week so I'm holding on for it.

crouse
01-17-2007, 08:00 PM
Since you are such a music fan, why don't you try and find a job at a club where live music is played. Then you can make some extra cash and enjoy good music at the same time. Just my 2 cents.

Motorhead350
01-17-2007, 08:03 PM
Thats what I'm holding up for actually. I might have an offer from Jam Productions, but that wasn't going to be till summer. Thats why I'm looking into Jiffy Lube for a part time thing. Soon as I mentioned this I was told they might have something for me right now on the weekends (Jam). I'm just waiting to hear back.

As far as hearing live acts I probably couldn't care less because everyone I like is gone. I'm not the typical 21 year old that will watch mtv, listen to top 40 garbage or enjoy the flavor of the month. If anything I would probably enjoy music at a Blues place. Everyone I like is dead so sometimes being an old schooler sucks!

crouse
01-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Sweet! Hope things work out for you.

A co-worker of mine was wearing a Ramones T-shirt one day, so I printed a copy of that thread you started about the Ramones. She thought that was really cool.

Motorhead350
01-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Oh cool thanks man. What do you do where they allow you to ware a Ramones shirt to work?

crouse
01-17-2007, 08:15 PM
Casual Friday. Just about anything flys.

Motorhead350
01-17-2007, 08:19 PM
Nice. Bet if I walked in there with my The Cramps shirt I would be asked to leave dispite the fact that their just a band. haha. Well thanks for your 2 cents, seems like we both have the same value on life. Do what ya want!

Leadfoot281
01-19-2007, 05:57 PM
I found a job for ya.

This ad was posted in todays La Crosse Tribune, La Crosse Wi. (Check Lacrosstribune.com) Oddly enough, it was listed under "General" and not under "Professional" or "technical/trades".

$400/month, less than 2hrs/wk. Seeking all males, 18-40, all nationalities for anonymous sperm donor. For more information call 608-782-xxxx

This could be even more fun than Zip Lube. :D It'll take a while to get Trilogy money out of this job, but if you're still able to walk when it's all over, you'll probably think it's worth it.

Bigdogjim
01-19-2007, 06:58 PM
Always go in person to apply. Try Wal-Mart near you, Target is another good one. I have several friends with Ford F-350 diesel and they plow a lot when the snow falls no problems with the trucks. Every now and then a buddy of mine who owns a couple of big Kenworth tri-axle dumps get calls from the State in pinch I have plowed with these truck and it's a blast. Mall parking lot are a lot of "fun" as you get to plow in cars parked in the middle of nowhere:) Just don't get caught:P

Motorhead350
01-19-2007, 08:53 PM
LeadFoot281 that sounds great and I don't have to work! I have a garbage can here worth $200,000.00! I'm buying blowers for everyone! Actually you have to be a medical student to do that... at least last time i checked. Jim that sounds like fun, but like I said I really don't wanna plow anything unless I had a Blazer beater or something like a C-10. I'd rather work at Jiffy Lube than Walmart. There aren't any in Chicago actually and the city is tring to keep it that way for reasons I have little knowledge about... something about unions I think. Target is here, but I'd rather work on cars rather than tell people where to find cheese it's.