PDA

View Full Version : wrecked in Okla

jawz101
01-17-2007, 09:08 PM
I've been quiet long enough. Last Thursday I wrecked the Marauder.

Yesterday afternoon the damage report was at 12k but the body shop was still looking up parts. Today it stood at 19k and totalled.
Mustang front bumper- maybe 300 bucks
Marauder- around 1500 you get the idea

Fortunately no one was hurt, God Bless.
Regardless, there is a Marauder in Tulsa, OK with new, 4day old front tires and a 4day old alignment. The alignment probably doesn't mean much now though.
I want to say that my car was just a cool looking car until I joined these forums; and then it meant so much more. I visit this site daily. You all are great.

Thank you, Dennis Reinhart, for your knowledge, patience, and sincere interests in the Marauder community.

I took what I could justifiably remove. There are aluminum sills, a PHP Cold Air Intake, and DMH Performance e-cutouts in the classifieds if interested

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/2/4/7/5/CIMG0013.jpghttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/2/4/7/5/CIMG0011.jpg

94_302
01-17-2007, 09:13 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, but the important thing is you are ok. PM sent

JamesHecker
01-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Damn that sucks! Sorry! :(

GAMike
01-17-2007, 09:33 PM
Marauders are replaceable. People are not, but you know that:coolman:

Regroup and go find yourself another one. Thats the best medicine.

All the best,

RCSignals
01-17-2007, 09:44 PM
sorry to hear it.

Will you be buying it back?

DEFYANT
01-17-2007, 09:47 PM
Sorry for your loss. And like others said, glad your ok.

You have a PM on the Door Sills

SID210SA
01-17-2007, 09:50 PM
That does suck...Two Marauders in a week and a half. Atleast you are ok and that is what is important.

jawz101
01-17-2007, 10:47 PM
I won't be buying it back but I am going to try to see where it goes so I can post it for reference.

The wheels are good. Addco rear sway bar and Paul's High Performance rear control arms remain on it. A custom sub enclosure underneath the rear deck w/ 2 Orion 10's, 5x7 coax Eclipse rears and Kicker components in the front.
Dash metal piece looked good, floor mats are there, seats & steering wheel good... and anything else on the inside
rear bumper has a scuff but in good condition

Haggis
01-18-2007, 04:13 AM
Glad to hear you were not seriously hurt. There are a few Marauders for sale in the classifieds here if you are interested. In any case don't leave and remain a part of the Collective.

jimlam56
01-18-2007, 04:16 AM
Sorry to hear about this.
Hope you get another Marauder!

LordVader
01-18-2007, 07:41 AM
So sorry about your unfortunate accident. Good to hear you are ok, that is the main thing. Let us know what ends up in your driveway.

Zack
01-18-2007, 07:45 AM
Sorry to hear.
My Trilogy Marauder is for sale cheap.

crouse
01-18-2007, 08:04 AM
I won't be buying it back but I am going to try to see where it goes so I can post it for reference.

The wheels are good. Addco rear sway bar and Paul's High Performance rear control arms remain on it. A custom sub enclosure underneath the rear deck w/ 2 Orion 10's, 5x7 coax Eclipse rears and Kicker components in the front.
Dash metal piece looked good, floor mats are there, seats & steering wheel good... and anything else on the inside
rear bumper has a scuff but in good condition

I know Zack is looking for a spare tire, hold down and jack.

crowdog
01-18-2007, 08:13 AM
The weather here has been awful and we have another 5-10" forecast this weekend so my baby has been in the garage scense last Friday and looks like she be there at least 2 more weeks or at least till the ice melts.Again, glad your okay. If it looks like like the car will be staying in Oklahoma I coud buy the stuff you were unable to remove so you could, hopefully, put them in your new MM.

ckadiddle
01-18-2007, 10:08 AM
Dayum. Glad you are OK. It's like everything is out to get us lately. Cars, trees, concrete barriers, EVERYTHING.

jawz101
01-18-2007, 11:31 AM
crowdog- I hear ya. I'm hoping to get something this weeked and take advantage of the lull in sales due to weather. Time to haggle!

If I stay FoMoCo I'd probably go w/ the Mercury Milan. It looks too cool

jawz101
01-18-2007, 11:38 AM
from what I've gathered my insurance company typically sends them here for sale
https://www.sapulpapool.com/new/default.asp

crowdog
01-18-2007, 12:36 PM
The Milans are pretty nice cars. I was given one as a loaner while my MM was in the shop and my wife didn't want to give it back. I also had a Montego once for a couple of days and I really liked it as well and the AWD would really come in handy in weather like this but I guess the Milan is avalible AWD also.

Blackened300a
01-18-2007, 03:39 PM
Sorry about your loss.

Pat
01-18-2007, 06:44 PM
Last Thursday I wrecked the Marauder.

Yesterday afternoon the damage report was at 12k but the body shop was still looking up parts. Today it stood at 19k and totalled.

So many Marauders have crashed these past few months. There must be an evil spirit hovering over us. I'm contacting my local Caddo Indian tribe's medicine man and have him do a dance or something.

BTW, just got my auto insurance bill and the Marauder went up $9.47 per month. :bigcry: My 05 Grand Marquis stayed the same.

Let's go defense. :hide:

Pat

84SVO-03MM
01-19-2007, 10:54 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss. I definately hate to see one of the few OK marauders off the road. I've been driving in this trash all week but I've been taking it slow and smooth, so as not to hurt my baby. Good luck with your next purchase.

jawz101
01-20-2007, 11:45 AM
OK... many will hate me. 2006 4x4 XTerra S- that's what I got.

My family has owned 14 FLM's that I know of since I've been alive- I've owned two of those. My father was a salesman at a local FoMoCo dealership and I was a detailer at the same store, which was the largest dealer in Okla.
We detailed roughly 300/month during my summer jobs. That being said I was wanting something different.
Regardless, I will probably be back some day but I'm real happy w/ this new purchase.

I've never mentioned it but I'm a student at Oklahoma State working on a Masters in Mgmt Info Systems and a Graduate Certificate in Information Assurance through their Center for Telecommunications and Network Security.

I'll still be around to answer computer questions and such and see what you all are up to:)

HotrodMerc
01-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Jawz, very sorry about your MM, and happy that apparently no one was injured. It's easy to slide on ice no matter how careful you are, and of course, there are always the other drivers/vehicles to contend with. I assume perhaps you were driving to/from school on 244 or the BA?
Do you go to Okmulgee, downtown Tulsa or Stillwater?

I will be coming to Tulsa this weekend for cont. ed. If it would be possible to look at the car I would be interested in doing so. Has your ins. co. already taken it? I may be interested in some wheels and smaller items. Would you mind giving me a PM if it is possible to see the car Friday, 1-26-07? If the ins. co. has taken possession would you mind giving me their contact no.? Thanks. Enjoy the XTerra, and above all, GO POKES!

stryker
01-24-2007, 09:27 PM
:shake: ! Ohhhhh nooooo ! you too, now there's three I am very worried now I think I will activate an Black alert (Marauder alert)

stryker. :burnout: