PDA

View Full Version : Your 18 favorite Punk songs!!!!

Motorhead350
01-21-2007, 05:01 PM
The rules are simple: No order is necessary unless you mention you have an order, no two songs by the same artist, real punk only! (anything considered "first wave" or "hardcore") and the hardcore is only allowed from the 80's because thats the only time it actaully existed. Green Day, Offsping, Rancid exc are not allowed. rise against, mxpx, blink 183 are all poser crap and not punk... so don't let them fool you. Lets see how many we can get to respond to this one...

I have no order.

1. Final Solution -Pere Ubu
2. I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend -Ramones
3. Tommy Gun -Clash
4. Won't Fall In Love Today -Suicidal Tendencies
5. The Crusher -Cramps
6. BuzzBomb -Dead Kennedys (first version)
7. Depression -Black Flag
8. STRAIGHT EDGE -Minor Threat
9. No Fun -Stooges
10. Trash -New York Dolls
11. Born To Lose -Heartbreakers
12. Boastal Breakout -Sham 69
13. X Offender -Blondie
14. Astro Zombies -Misfits
15. Chicken Walk -Hasil Adkins (he invented it)
16. What Do I Get? -Buzzcocks
17. Teenage Depression -Eddie and The Hot Rods
18. Kiss Me Deadly -Generation X

BigMerc
01-21-2007, 06:15 PM
You are so on the wrong forum.

LILALLEYKATT
01-21-2007, 07:05 PM
+2..........

RCSignals
01-21-2007, 07:14 PM

Didn't we hear some of that blaring from a Black Helicopter?

Joe Walsh
01-21-2007, 08:02 PM
+3..........

Kinda like posting on a Ricer site for the best Frank Sinatra songs.

RedMerc04
01-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Make that +4. I dont think I can even name 3 punk songs

Leadfoot281
01-21-2007, 09:43 PM
1. I want to be your dog- Stooges
2. Beer money- Love/Hate
3. How will I laugh tomorrow (when I can't even smile today) S.T.
4. Go'n breakdown- S.T.
5. I wanna be sedated- Ramones

That's all I got for now. Just too much too list. You folks that haven't heard/won't hear this stuff are missing out. I listened to S.T every single day I was in the Army. "Go'n breakdown" always got me pumped up for PT tests and the daily 5 mile runs our Battery commander put us through. He just got out of Ranger school and must have thought we did too.

MH350, you didn't mention Love/Hate?

Motorhead350
01-21-2007, 09:52 PM
I never heard Love/Hate. Are they punk or hardcore punk? As for the rest of you, if you don't care then don't post. Anything not related to the Marauder goes in this area so you would be wrong to say it's in the wrong place. If I asked about the Marauder in here you would be right, but you aren't! Stick that in your smoke and pipe it. I know what I said. Besides I started these before and some of us have fun with them. Music is music all of our taste differs and some like everything.... wish I could, but I'm very picky and usually totally hate what I don't listen to. If you guys wanna start something that I can't relate to at all or downright hate, go ahead, but I'm not going to tell you your stupid for starting it.

MENINBLK
01-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Wasn't Disco Duck in the 80s ???

MENINBLK
01-21-2007, 10:06 PM
Lost In Love - Air Supply
Hurt So Bad - Linda Ronstadt
Longer - Dan Fogelberg
Lady - Kenny Rogers
Real Love - Doobie Brothers
Sailing - Christopher Cross
Upside Down - Diana Ross
Sara - Fleetwood Mac
The Rose - Bette Midler
I Can't Tell You Why - Eagles

RCSignals
01-21-2007, 10:08 PM
Wasn't Disco Duck in the 80s ???

70's ?? :beatnik:

Leadfoot281
01-21-2007, 10:26 PM
I don't know about you folks, but my Marauder has CD, cassette, and a six disc changer. Music (it seems) was part of the deal. FYI, I use the cassette deck to listen to Black Crowes bootlegs.

But since we're on the LOUNGE at MercuryMarauder.net shouldn't we be discussing Chryslers? After all we are just a bunch of hardcore Mopar fans right?:rolleyes:

Ooops! Edit. I just checked the trunk of my Marauder and there was a factory installed pamphlet from Ford listing recomended Sinatra albums and a bundle of SRT brochures. Sorry!:D

RCSignals
01-21-2007, 10:36 PM
Good one Leadfoot :D

Frank who?

Mike
01-21-2007, 10:52 PM
Motorhead, wouldn't that be "stick that in your pipe and smoke it"? What you said...... "Stick that in your smoke and pipe it"

Motorhead350
01-21-2007, 11:08 PM
I said I know what I said.... it's a reference to another song that no one knows.... maybe one person will get it who knows? :rolleyes:

ckadiddle
01-22-2007, 08:07 AM
OK motorhead...are these groups punk? I suspect probably not. But as close as I can get for ya.
The Knack - My Sharona, Good Girls Don't
B52s - Rock Lobster, Love Shack
Devo - Whip It

jimlam56
01-22-2007, 08:26 AM
OK motorhead...are these groups punk? I suspect probably not. But as close as I can get for ya.
Devo - Whip It

At one time they were...now they are just soundtracks to various commercials...:shake:

Motorhead350
01-22-2007, 11:23 AM
Devo - Whip It

Actually Devo was punk when the first started and have an awesome song called Uncontrollable Urge.... still sounds sweet and it was in a commercial and I reccomend you or anyone else thats cares to check it out. I dunno who The Knack is, but The B-52's are new wave I think and that in return is a more radio friendly verson of punk.

Your on the right track, but your a few years behind. :D

BigCars4Ever
01-22-2007, 11:26 AM
1. Kiss Me Deadly -- Gen X
2. Anarchy in the UK -- Sex Pistols
3. Holiday -- Clash
4. Garage Band -- Clash
5. All I want is to be next to you -- Police
6. Six Pack -- Black Flag
7. Police and Thieves -- Clash
8. King Rocker -- Gen X
9. Anythig from the Dookie album! Green Day
10. Rock Lobster -- B52's
11. I wana be sedated -- Ramones
12. Teenage labatomy -- Ramones
13. Havana -- Ramones
These aren't in any order really just a little rambling of my brain.

High-C
01-22-2007, 11:34 AM
Although I am a die-hard FORD fan...

*****IN' CAMARO - THE DEAD MILKMEN

That song is a classic.

Motorhead350
01-22-2007, 11:36 AM
What about Go Little Camaro Go by The Ramones? :D Dead MilkMen are great too.

ckadiddle
01-22-2007, 01:08 PM
Actually Devo was punk when the first started and have an awesome song called Uncontrollable Urge.... still sounds sweet and it was in a commercial and I reccomend you or anyone else thats cares to check it out. I dunno who The Knack is, but The B-52's are new wave I think and that in return is a more radio friendly verson of punk.

Your on the right track, but your a few years behind. :D
I am more than twice your age...LOL ......uummm late seventies era I think...... For more than you ever wanted to know about them:
http://www.superseventies.com/1979_1singles.html

Listen to samples:
http://www.amazon.com/Get-Knack/dp/B000065CXQ

Motorhead350
01-22-2007, 05:07 PM
I don't think The Knack counts, infact I think punk bands were poking fun at music like that... I'm not sure since I wasn't around in 1979. I know the Dead Kennedys had a song that was totally mocking My Shorona called Pull My Strings and it's pretty funny, but isn't as good as Police Truck. :cool:

Mike Poore
01-22-2007, 06:34 PM
+3..........

Kinda like posting on a Ricer site for the best Frank Sinatra songs.

Y'know, Joe. Not only did I not ever hear any of those songs on Dominic's list, I never heard of any of those bands .....I feel so old :geezer:

This band I know, though, and the song seems promising:

:D Teenage labatomy -- Ramones:D

One thing to Dominic's credit, we can post or list any of our favorites, and I bet he knows about the song, or, at least the group ...the reverse is not true, for the most of us.

The kid's a pro, and I guess we'll be seeing his photo in Rolling Stone, one of these days. We can say: I knew that guy, when he was a pain in the ass, and now he's too famous to talk to guys like us. :rofl:

KillJoy
01-22-2007, 06:50 PM
I knew that guy, when he was a pain in the ass, and now he's too famous to talk to guys like us.

If he gets that way..... he's got an ass-whoopin waiting from me ;)

:up:

KillJoy

Motorhead350
01-22-2007, 11:08 PM
Thanks guys I really appreciate that. When I get it going I won't quit talking on here even if I lose track of time to do so. Besides it's kinda like a family here; we have our ups, downs, bs and interests. The minute I have the rock star attitude where I don't talk anymore because I think I'm too famous... I deserve an ass-whoppin and probably a repo of my Marauder for a few weeks and be forced to drive some sub-compact FWD rental. I don't bail on people and don't plan on it, were all people... most rock stars I have met or in some cases know are pretty cool people, others think their Mr. Hollywood which I think it's totally snobby and wrong.

I wouldn't say I know a lot, but I will say I know a lot about what I care about. If you asked me about what Chuck Berry has been arrested for or where he wrote No Particular Place To Go, I could tell you without thinking twice. If you asked me who won artist of the year in 1996 I wouldn't have a clue because I don't care about that stuff. I'm not saying it sucks, I just don't like it.... I dislike more stuff than I like. I'll listen to anything, wither I like it or not is totally different.

Lets get back on topic if we can. Punk Music is the topic not me! :D

Haggis
01-23-2007, 04:26 AM
Lets talk METAL instead.

Mike Poore
01-23-2007, 05:20 AM
Lets talk METAL instead.

:sing:
OHHHHH NOOOOO! A HEAD BANGING :banghead: HAGGIS! :bagpiper:

Haggis
01-23-2007, 06:25 AM
:sing:
OHHHHH NOOOOO! A HEAD BANGING :banghead: HAGGIS! :bagpiper:

I have Metal music with bagpipes. :beatnik:

prchrman
01-23-2007, 08:07 AM
I've got a tiger by the tail........Buck Owens and The Buckaroos...head banging, o yeah...

Motorhead350
01-23-2007, 11:09 AM
Lets talk METAL instead.

Unacceptable!

Dragcity
01-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Well guys, I don't know where to start. I have to admit, I'm an old Punk Rocker from the begining. I have seen some of the greats live....

I still have a box of old fashioned vinyl records from 1976 - 1988.

Sorry, but I can't narrow it down right now.

Who has heard of the "Anti Nowhere League" ???

Does that mean they are somewhere???

I do know one song that remains in my top ten.....

WHITE RIOT - The Clash

magindat
01-23-2007, 11:45 AM
Cool thread. Nice to have a talk about music. I was a DJ during the time punk was becoming the new wave. I'm proud of Dominic for knowing music twice his age. My 13 yo daughter digs ST and Dead Milkmen as well as the newer stuff. I think it's great that newer bands like Blue October and Yellow Card are bringing back that late 80's valley/london sound.
Thanx for starting the thread, D. Even some of the smart a$$ replies remind me of some good music.

Haggis
01-23-2007, 12:32 PM
Unacceptable!

...:razz:...

Motorhead350
01-23-2007, 02:15 PM
Who has heard of the "Anti Nowhere League" ???

Whao there you go. I know who your talking about. As far as METAL goes you could say speedmetal. Suicidal Tendencies and Motorhead were called that and kinda fit into punk in a way. Sorry Haggis you may carry on... with speedmetal.