PDA

View Full Version : i bought a romba (the robot vacuum)

Black_Noise
01-22-2007, 01:19 AM
i thought id try it out, our place is 90% hardwood floors with 3 cats and there is always little tumble weeds of cat hair going across the floor.

i thought id try it, it was $134 for me, i thought well a regular vacum is about 80 bucks or more, and this is supposed to do a pretty good job.

well after charging it for an hour (its supposed to take 7) i turned it loose and other than the noise (about like running an electric remote control car around in the house) it did a good job for the 20 mins it ran (remeber i only charged it for an hour right out of the box)

on the hardwood floor-
it picked up a fist full of hair and alot of small crumbs and what not.

so
i let it loosed on the carpet and it did ok, the cat hair is usually smashed in from walking on it, but it did pick up some.

I think it was a good investment cause i hate housework and when me and the wifey go to work we can just let it go free and chase the cats around the house and it turns it self off when its done.

will keep informed if anyone else has ever considered this.

first night impression -

9 out of 10

jimlam56
01-22-2007, 04:14 AM
i thought id try it out, our place is 90% hardwood floors with 3 cats and there is always little tumble weeds of cat hair going across the floor.

i thought id try it, it was $134 for me, i thought well a regular vacum is about 80 bucks or more, and this is supposed to do a pretty good job.

well after charging it for an hour (its supposed to take 7) i turned it loose and other than the noise (about like running an electric remote control car around in the house) it did a good job for the 20 mins it ran (remeber i only charged it for an hour right out of the box)

on the hardwood floor-

so
i let it loosed on the carpet and it did ok, the cat hair is usually smashed in from walking on it, but it did pick up some.

I think it was a good investment cause i hate housework and when me and the wifey go to work we can just let it go free and chase the cats around the house and it turns it self off when its done.

first night impression -

9 out of 10

Why such a cheap price?
I looked at them recently, they were 300 bucks!

Zack
01-22-2007, 06:35 AM
Whenever we have company over, I make my girlfriend hide hers out of sight.
That stupid thing screams... 'We're lazy'

pantheroc
01-22-2007, 09:47 AM
Whenever we have company over, I make my girlfriend hide hers out of sight.
That stupid thing screams... 'We're lazy'

You got it wrong Zack, you have 'creative time management'! That's what dishwashers, washers and dryers have done for us in the past.;)

DefyantExWife
01-22-2007, 09:56 AM
interesting...

Joe Walsh
01-22-2007, 11:11 AM
Glue a 'coonskin' hat on top and watch your cats get some exercise while the vacuum cleaner runs around your house.
:D

jdando
01-22-2007, 11:16 AM
There is a video somewhere about a "woomba" or something. I will search and post it up later

jeremy

snowbird
01-22-2007, 02:58 PM
There is a video somewhere about a "woomba" or something. I will search and post it up later

jeremy
ERRRR, ... the Woomba device do clean successfully cat hair but, how should I put it, not exactly the same species ?!!

Edit:
Below, here's is it, the Woomba, to complete the total family vacuum set.

http://www.videovat.com/videos/1144/...e-hygiene.aspx (http://www.videovat.com/videos/1144/woomba-female-hygiene.aspx)

DeadVic
01-22-2007, 03:14 PM
I want to do this...

http://www.popsci.com/popsci/how20/1005e6a987fd9010vgnvcm1000004e ecbccdrcrd.html

Mad4Macs
01-22-2007, 04:13 PM
Search the threads for "Roomba". I've had one for years, and I really like the lil fella :D

jimlam56
01-22-2007, 04:16 PM

on the hardwood floor-

so

first night impression -

9 out of 10

So...How'd you get it for $134?

Black_Noise
01-23-2007, 01:57 AM
mine was on sale at menards