PDA

View Full Version : Roots blown Jet-Ski!

Joe Walsh
01-27-2007, 11:06 AM
I attended the Baltimore Boat show last Thursday night.
When I passed the Kawasaki Jet-Ski display I noticed a bright Red Jet Ski that had "SUPERCHARGED" logos on the front.
I said to the booth salesman: "What does that have like....175 HP?"

He smiled and said: "NOPE!.........250HP."

:eek: :awe:

I said: "No Way!"

He showed me a Tech brochure: 1498cc Roots blown and intercooled 4 cylinder putting out 250HP in a 900 lb Jet Ski!!!!
(Hey Jerry...You been workin' with Kawasaki on the sly??)

It'll do 90+ MPH on the water!!!....just DON'T fall off!

www.kawasaki.com/Products/Watercraft.aspx

I once owned an 'old school' (stand-up style) Kawasaki 440 Jet Ski that had been totally re-worked: bored to 480cc, twin mikuni carbs, big pipe, etc.
It put out something like 70HP and was WICKED fast. When you fell off at full speed...you skipped on the surface of the water and it HURT!
But this new ULTRA 250X Kawasaki is SICK!

LILALLEYKATT
01-27-2007, 12:05 PM
I used to race a maxxed out Yamaha 1100 3 cylinder until I fell off at over 75mph cutting across the bay. It actually ripped my wetsuit just about off of me and I bruised my internal organs...Quite painful to say the least...thats the last time I rode and I doubt I'll want to ever ride again...

supa_carrot
01-27-2007, 04:08 PM
Holy shoot! That is scary fast on the water. Still being young and stupid, I'd really like to ride it, I just don't know if I've got the cajones to go 90+ might depend on who is watching.

Tyrone Minto
01-27-2007, 09:51 PM
that is scary cool
i was shaking just reading through the specs.
I see the have two keys
one for SLO and one for Goooooooooooooo.........nnnnnn nnne