PDA

View Full Version : Help me here... I need advice

Motorhead350
02-02-2007, 01:42 AM
As some of you know from the other thread I have a Vortech supercharger, but it's for a Chevy so it spins the wrong way. I need some advice as to what to do here. Is there a way to make it work.... at all? By changing the insides, placing it in reverse or is all of that a waste of effort?

Also I got word from someone to simply trade it off ebay or something. I don't know of that would work exactly being that ebay is for sales and not flat trades. Do you think I could trade with someone on the net or would it be best to ask around and maybe visit a speedshop or two and post an add for a trade? I was just concerned about the blower itself. If someone has a complete kit for a Marauder (very unlikely) I would give them my complete kit too.... box, carb, exc.

Alright whats the best bet here?

Mad4Macs
02-02-2007, 04:56 AM
As some of you know from the other thread I have a Vortech supercharger, but it's for a Chevy so it spins the wrong way.

Sell it in Australia!
:lol:

Zack
02-02-2007, 07:09 AM
You can send it to Vortech and they will either credit you towards the purchase of a new one, or they will refurbish this one to your needed specs.
Either way its gonna cost some $$$

Raudermaster
02-02-2007, 07:11 AM
If you do decide to make this work on the MM, it could possibly get costly by changing out the internals on the blower from the "chevy" supported ones to the "ford" ones. If you have time and money, go for it, other than that though, your best bet would toss it up on craigslist, or visit a speedshop and see if they know of anyone that specialize in rebuilding blowers. You could try ebay, but you might get booted since it's a "bidding" community and not a trading community. I know of a few people in town that did that and they got kicked off.

LVMarauder
02-02-2007, 10:34 AM
You can trade things on Ebay. You have to ask the seller if he is willing to trade X for y.

sailsmen
02-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Sell it and buy an S/C Kit.

Raudermaster
02-02-2007, 12:42 PM
You can trade things on Ebay. You have to ask the seller if he is willing to trade X for y.

I know, just don't blatantly say, "I want to trade this."

Mike Poore
02-02-2007, 02:44 PM
Just a thought Dominic, but if you're going to fabricate a bracket anyway, isn't it simply a matter of which side of the pully the blower belt runs on? Not that it's gonna be easy, but we saw the results, when Tom Doan dropped a Cobra motor in an MM and everything was on the wrong side.

KillJoy
02-02-2007, 04:04 PM
You see Grasshopper.....

Sell that sucker......however possible to get the most $$$ (Ebay, Craigslist, or a Chevy Site). Then put that towards a blower for your MM!!! With the two new kits under development, there are going to be a LOT of kits to choose from. :up:

KillJoy

MarauderMark
02-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Sell it wherever you can or keep it and just get a credit card and charge it.:up:

Motorhead350
02-02-2007, 07:09 PM
I don't wanna sell it because all I could ever get was 900 bucks, thats why I wanna trade it.

KillJoy
02-02-2007, 07:12 PM
I don't wanna sell it because all I could ever get was 900 bucks, thats why I wanna trade it.

How do you know if you do not try?????

Craigslist if FREE!!!!

KillJoy

Motorhead350
02-02-2007, 07:18 PM
I tried ebay before and I was shocked that I could only get 600 bucks for my small block and 900 for my blower. Trade seems like the best bet if I can find anyone willing to do it.

KillJoy
02-02-2007, 07:19 PM
www.craigslist.com (http://www.craigslist.com)

Motorhead350
02-02-2007, 07:23 PM
wow I don't know where to start on that one. :o

Raudermaster
02-02-2007, 09:19 PM
lol, I stated it in my post as well! It's free, just becareful on there. I've heard some horror stories of "bad" people!