PDA

View Full Version : Change of Management @ Craftypoke

Slowpoke
06-14-2003, 07:31 AM
Since the birth of my bouncing baby boy 8 weeks ago TIME has become a precious commodity and therefore I will be 'retiring' from the MM pen and notepad business.

Fear not........

LincMercLover has agreed to assume command and control over the inner workings at Craftypoke Industries. As soon as he gets his supply of pens [and I think he may choose a different model of pen] and I ship him my stock of notepads, he will be on his way to filling all future orders.

Although you can place preorders with him now, I don't think he will be shipping for a couple of weeks. I shipped out the last order yesterday so if you contacted me before today, yours are on their way to you now.

Thanks for your support and for adding a few bux to the boy's car insurance fund!

I'll still be around - do not fear, Slowpoke is near!

jgc61sr2002
06-14-2003, 07:41 AM
Slowpoke - Nice to hear from you.:up:

Bigdogjim
06-14-2003, 10:51 AM
Glad to hear that I really depend on the handy note pad. Great idea. Happy to see it live on.
Thanks for getting us started.

RCSignals
06-14-2003, 02:56 PM
Maybe he can add some nice Marauder pencils with "real lead" in them. :lol:

Way to go LML. we know you'll do a great job. This could be the start of something big!

martyo
06-14-2003, 03:03 PM
Is this the precursor to the end of the Mercury Division of FoMoCo?

TripleTransAm
06-14-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by martyo
Is this the precursor to the end of the Mercury Division of FoMoCo?

Do not compare Slowpoke to Mercury... at least people knew what Slowpoke was selling. Maybe he should move on to an introductory position within Mercury's advertising department...

Bigdogjim
06-14-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by TripleTransAm
Do not compare Slowpoke to Mercury... at least people knew what Slowpoke was selling. Maybe he should move on to an introductory position within Mercury's advertising department...

Now thats funny! Only thing is Mercury does not have an adversising department:confused: :help: :rolleyes: :P

Oh well maybe one day they get an idea:flamer:

TripleTransAm
06-15-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Bigdogjim
Now thats funny! Only thing is Mercury does not have an adversising department

You're right... I worded it wrong. It should have read:
"Maybe he should move on to CREATE an advertising department within Mercury..."

As far as Mercury "getting an idea", I've got one. Just as we were sending Piglet care packages, maybe we should send Mercury some 'care packages' as well. Only we'd send them some Marauder items like pens and notepads. I wonder how many within Mercury would actually recognize the car? :rolleyes:

LincMercLover
06-15-2003, 08:10 PM
Of all the people, Marty doesn't have faith? I'm disappointed! :shake:

Yes, there will be a new "style" of pen. Sammy has been throwing me some ideas. So, coming from her, you all KNOW they'll be good! :up:

martyo
06-15-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by LincMercLover
Of all the people, Marty doesn't have faith? I'm disappointed! :shake:

Watchutalkinbout????? To know you is to love you!!

I use the last product you distributed quite frequently and it hasn't let me down yet!!!

Bigdogjim
06-15-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by TripleTransAm
You're right... I worded it wrong. It should have read:
"Maybe he should move on to CREATE an advertising department within Mercury..."

As far as Mercury "getting an idea", I've got one. Just as we were sending Piglet care packages, maybe we should send Mercury some 'care packages' as well. Only we'd send them some Marauder items like pens and notepads. I wonder how many within Mercury would actually recognize the car? :rolleyes:

Hey Steve we are going to Texas in September. I sure some ideas will get toss around, come join us??

I know it a hike from Montreal? (I think) Close??

TripleTransAm
06-15-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Bigdogjim
Hey Steve we are going to Texas in September. I sure some ideas will get toss around, come join us??

I'd love to. You're right, it is a hike and a half. In 2001 (pre-fatherhood), I drove down to Chattanooga for business reasons (since it coincided with a national F-body meet in Memphis) and it took two days of 12 hour driving (didn't help that I just *had* to spend 2 hours on the Skyline drive, and stopped by Cooter's garage just outside of Sperryville VA).

However, with the little one around (and my wife doesn't drive... yet), it's a little tougher. The missus has been supportive of my car... ummm.... "interest" so far...

finicky parking habits focused on the safety of the car
spending the first day of our honeymoon driving 8 hours to a drag meet in Ontario
breaking the news to her that I bought a '78 T/A over a romantic pizza dinner at Costco
keeping our yearly Sweden visits outside of summer months in order to maximize my time on the road with my F-bodies

Driving 3 days to Texas would probably put things over the edge. ;)

But I will be there with you in spirit. And as the kid gets older, well... you just never know what papa might be able to pull off... ;)

RCSignals
06-15-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by LincMercLover
Yes, there will be a new "style" of pen. Sammy has been throwing me some ideas. So, coming from her, you all KNOW they'll be good! :up:

nothing in Pink, I hope :D