PDA

View Full Version : Dyno the Daily Driver

Mopar Boy
02-11-2007, 12:35 PM
I hope you guys dont mind me putting up the dyno sheet on my Dodge. I finally got the clutch replaced and decided to take my Daily Driver (1996 Neon Coupe) over to the dyno to see what it's putting down before I do the cam swap. Plus I have been wondering how much HP it's making. It put down 270 HP and 300 Torq to the front wheels. I was really hoping for 300 HP and I think that it's there because of the hesitation after 4700 RPM. All the up to 6200 it only made 1 more HP and Torq dropped off bad. :( Me and the tuner are leaning towards the coil. I made three runs and everything we tried the drop and hesitation was at the same RPM. After I got home I swapped the MSD coil out and put the stocker back on and my BuTT Dyno says it's better but I will not know until I get back on the dyno.

Here is the Dyno Sheet. A/F was pretty good. It stayed between 11.5 to 11.7 during boost.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/255649/MVRZB-dyno.jpg

Marauderjack
02-11-2007, 12:42 PM
300 HP in a Neon?? :eek:

That little booger must be pretty QUICK!!:beer:

Marauderjack:burnout:

JMan
02-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Gosh, I hate you. You have more power out of half the engine than my daily driver. That's with a misfire:mad2:. Congrats on the awesome numbers!

J

Mopar Boy
02-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Thanks guys... It's not a stock neon :) The 2.0 has been swapped out for a 2.4 from a Stratus with SRT-4 pistons and rods. I built a Turbo system with a T3/T4E Turbo on a stock Dodge Mexican Turbo manifold. Dodge put Turbo 4s in the Status sold in Mexico but not here in the USA. :down: I'm only running 30% turbo and it's making the 15psi of boost without any strain, so later a few more psi will be added. The fuel system is a Hahn Portfueler set up. Which the company told me is good for up to 500 Hp. The exhaust system is a custom 3" using a bullet muffler, high flow cat, and some mandrel piping.

The one thing that I'm going to replace out is the intercooler. I have it mounted inside the engine bay for protection and stealth but I noticed that it heat soaked quick on the dyno. I'll probably do a FMIC over the summer. I really hate remaking that IC piping again.