PDA

View Full Version : Interested in a Marauder

adollarwodbnice
02-14-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm not concerned with being able to find one especiallly on perhaps eBay. I have been looking at a few types of cars that I would like to purchase after I get rid of my little daily driver as it is slowly dying on me. Basically I want a comfortable car that is not an old man's cruiser. I've been looking through alot of things and after coming accross the marauder I was pleasantly suprised unfortunately production was stopped in 04 so I can't get it brand new but hey my second choice is a 1968 mustang so I guess really doesn't matter.

Basically I want to know if one thing is true; are they really as comfortable as the Mercury Grand Marquis' leather seats? OH MY GOD are those car rediculously comfortable. Also I know especially on here alot of people have super charged their marauders and they race them; I would like to have my marauder speedy as well. Am I going to have to fork out 6 grand for a supercharger or are these stock v-8's very quick to begin with?

thanks!

-Robb

KillJoy
02-14-2007, 06:18 PM
WELCOME!!!

As far as comfort goes.....the seats are NIIIICCCCEEEE! They are not sporty in the least. If you are a little guy....there is NOT enough support for for a day at the twisty track.

Power...well....stock is good. If you are on a budget though, 4.10 Gears and a Tune make it a whole different beast! The car should have come this way!!!!

Glad to see younger guys interested in this car :up: It is the ULTIMATE sleeper ;)

KillJoy

adollarwodbnice
02-14-2007, 06:39 PM
WELCOME!!!

As far as comfort goes.....the seats are NIIIICCCCEEEE! They are not sporty in the least. If you are a little guy....there is NOT enough support for for a day at the twisty track.

Power...well....stock is good. If you are on a budget though, 4.10 Gears and a Tune make it a whole different beast! The car should have come this way!!!!

Glad to see younger guys interested in this car :up: It is the ULTIMATE sleeper ;)

KillJoy
Thanks, and i'm very happy to hear these things about this car. I used to have a Mustang 5.0 that I threw a VTEC into and it was a good 12 second car after a nice couple shots of nitrous. But, as much as I love speed I love style and those cars look like...$h1t to me. I went to an auto show and saw the 07 Mercury Grand Marquis Palm Beach edition and said "ahhh what the hell lemme check it out" When I touched those seats I could have fallen asleep instantly. I had immediately thought of possibley getting it but a friend who owns one says it's like a big slow boat..., I want a big quick boat :D. ANYWAY my hyundai accent won't last past summer so come september perhaps i'll have a nice cold air intake and a nitrous kit in a big marauder haha.

KillJoy
02-14-2007, 06:41 PM
NOS + Marauders = NICE!!!!

Several guys have gotten low 13's w/ a stock MM on juice (I think).

You just have to show restraint, and not go hog wild!!!

KillJoy

RoyLPita
02-15-2007, 04:39 AM
Welcome aboard. Enjoy the site.

If you have an interest in a MM, feel free to PM the VIN and I'll run it for you through Ford's OASIS database.

94_302
02-15-2007, 05:40 AM
I used to have a Mustang 5.0 that I threw a VTEC into and it was a good 12 second car after a nice couple shots of nitrous.

If your talking about VTEC like Honda, then I hope someone gave you a firm beating. As much as I would hate to see this post pics of your blasphemous creation.:shake:

Mike Poore
02-15-2007, 05:44 AM
If your talking about VTEC like Honda, then I hope someone gave you a firm beating. As much as I would hate to see this post pics of your blasphemous creation.:shake:

Wanna bet he meant VORTEC? You'd get a 5.0 in the 12's with one of those; but never, by strapping a honda to your mustang. :rolleyes:

PS: go for the Marauder, you won't be sorry.:D

SID210SA
02-15-2007, 06:54 AM
I bought My Marauder a little over two years ago and still wouldnt give it up for anything....

adollarwodbnice
02-15-2007, 07:12 AM
Sorry, it was a VORTEC not VTEC my bad it was a 4.6 or 4.8 litre I think. I remember we a did a little conversion on it to get it nice and tight. My dad really did 90% of the work since he knows alot more than I do.., I basically ran the nitrous installed the sparco seats and raced it lol. I don't have any picture on my computer but after we painted it gray my dad took before and after pictures so I can go look for them some where.

94_302
02-15-2007, 11:42 AM
Wanna bet he meant VORTEC? You'd get a 5.0 in the 12's with one of those; but never, by strapping a honda to your mustang. :rolleyes:

PS: go for the Marauder, you won't be sorry.:D

I have seen people swap a rotary into a GT so swaps that don't make sense do happen. I'm glad it was a Vortech and not Vtec. Coming off a blown and sprayed fox that had a 4.6 I think the Marauder will just feel slow. When you ran 12's in it what was the trap speed, I bet a blown fox with spray is trapping high enough for 11's. So to feel that fast in a Marauder you will need a blower and other bolt ons. Marauders are a bit more expensive to mod than a Fox.

Wait I just saw you said 5.0 and not Fox so if it was a 94-95 then blown and sprayed should probably still be good enough for 11's depending on setup and traction. If it was a 94-95 and you guys put a mod motor :cry: I have a soft spot for 94-95's. It just depends on what you define as quick, if quick is what your mustang was it will take a bit. But if high 13's low 14's is quick, you can do that with a few bolt ons and a good tune. (depending on conditions)

Bluerauder
02-15-2007, 12:06 PM
Basically I want a comfortable car that is not an old man's cruiser.
-Robb
My MM is very comfortable. After a 600 mile drive to Detroit, I stepped out fresh as I had just driven to the corner store. :D

Mine wasn't an old man's cruiser for the first two years that I had it. I guess that it is now. :rolleyes: :geezer: Of course, it makes me feel MUCH younger. :baby:

ckadiddle
02-15-2007, 01:39 PM
I can't stand riding or driving too long in my wife's mustang. I feel like it beats me to death. The Marauder is sooo much more comfy and roomy. With minor mods my MM is peppier than the stock 2000 mustang GT, according to my wife. Suspension (stock) on the Marauders is a little sportier and stiffer than the 1997 and 2001 Crown Vics we previously owned, but still very much nicer for road trips than a mustang.

hotride03
02-15-2007, 02:03 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Well, i might be selling my marauder this coming late march! so if u would like to own one let me know... its an 03 w/about 50k on her.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Dennis Reinhart
02-15-2007, 03:10 PM
I'm not concerned with being able to find one especiallly on perhaps eBay. I have been looking at a few types of cars that I would like to purchase after I get rid of my little daily driver as it is slowly dying on me. Basically I want a comfortable car that is not an old man's cruiser. I've been looking through alot of things and after coming accross the marauder I was pleasantly suprised unfortunately production was stopped in 04 so I can't get it brand new but hey my second choice is a 1968 mustang so I guess really doesn't matter.

Basically I want to know if one thing is true; are they really as comfortable as the Mercury Grand Marquis' leather seats? OH MY GOD are those car rediculously comfortable. Also I know especially on here alot of people have super charged their marauders and they race them; I would like to have my marauder speedy as well. Am I going to have to fork out 6 grand for a supercharger or are these stock v-8's very quick to begin with?

thanks!

-Robb

There is one here in Jacksonville for 13K

adollarwodbnice
02-18-2007, 12:28 PM
I lent my car to my girlfriend to pick some things up and she spilled something in the seat and bent down to assess the damage and she slammed into a curb breaking part of the hub cap off bending the rim a smidge and screwing the alignment up. I'm getting closer and closer to buying a new car every day hahaha.

About the speed talk on these MMs..., is this car gonna get a great acceleration or does it make up in torque at higher speeds??

-Robb

RR|Suki
02-18-2007, 12:48 PM
I lent my car to my girlfriend to pick some things up and she spilled something in the seat and bent down to assess the damage and she slammed into a curb breaking part of the hub cap off bending the rim a smidge and screwing the alignment up. I'm getting closer and closer to buying a new car every day hahaha.

About the speed talk on these MMs..., is this car gonna get a great acceleration or does it make up in torque at higher speeds??

-Robb

buy mine, it's scary fast at every speed :D

adollarwodbnice
02-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Seems like everyone wants to sell me their car!! I THOUGHT YOU ALL LOVED YOUR MARAUDERS?!?

-Robb

RaceLegend79
02-23-2007, 08:25 PM
If the price is right Id sell to buy another one but, I love my MM and with just a little work they are very fast. If you like big comfy car that look great and run pretty darn fast then the Marauder is for you.

lwblumjr
02-23-2007, 08:59 PM
Robb,

Buy a Marauder. You'll love it. I've had mine for over two years and love it as much or more than I did the day I bought it. Mine is dead stock and is still quicker than 95 percent of the cars on the road (at least around here.) I drove it back from last year's Marauderville in Kissimee, FL (about 8 hours) and got home feeling great. Of couse, while there I invested in a dead peddle and a Cruiser arm rest. If I had someplace to put my right foot while on cruise control it would be perfect! I've had mine around Five Flags Speedway in Pensacola, FL and around New Smyrna Speedway in New Smyrna, FL and it is a hoot! My son drove it to NOPI in Atlanta last year and they liked it, too! (That's saying something for a big car.) He claims he had it up to 120 mph on Atlanta Motor Speedway! (Actually, he said it was more than that but I doubt it.) Buy one, you won't regret it.

adollarwodbnice
02-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Robb,

Buy a Marauder. You'll love it. I've had mine for over two years and love it as much or more than I did the day I bought it. Mine is dead stock and is still quicker than 95 percent of the cars on the road (at least around here.) I drove it back from last year's Marauderville in Kissimee, FL (about 8 hours) and got home feeling great. Of couse, while there I invested in a dead peddle and a Cruiser arm rest. If I had someplace to put my right foot while on cruise control it would be perfect! I've had mine around Five Flags Speedway in Pensacola, FL and around New Smyrna Speedway in New Smyrna, FL and it is a hoot! My son drove it to NOPI in Atlanta last year and they liked it, too! (That's saying something for a big car.) He claims he had it up to 120 mph on Atlanta Motor Speedway! (Actually, he said it was more than that but I doubt it.) Buy one, you won't regret it.
Hah, that's all really awesome; it's really a shame this car's production ceased. As much as I wouldn't be able to afford a new car or probably even this car brand new I'm just to worried about buying a marauder with say 60k miles on it. There's people who beat the piss out of their cars and sell them for a reason and then people who casually drive them or take good care of them. It's hard to know which car you really want but who knows in the end none of that matters..., it's not impossible to replace engines, transmissions, and other parts.

It's funny I had a dream that I had bought a black on black 03 marauder and just cruised for hours in it and I loved it..., hopefully it could be reality someday hahaha.

-Robb

lwblumjr
02-24-2007, 06:28 PM
Hah, that's all really awesome; it's really a shame this car's production ceased. As much as I wouldn't be able to afford a new car or probably even this car brand new I'm just to worried about buying a marauder with say 60k miles on it. There's people who beat the piss out of their cars and sell them for a reason and then people who casually drive them or take good care of them. It's hard to know which car you really want but who knows in the end none of that matters..., it's not impossible to replace engines, transmissions, and other parts.

It's funny I had a dream that I had bought a black on black 03 marauder and just cruised for hours in it and I loved it..., hopefully it could be reality someday hahaha.

-Robb
Robb,

I see very low mileage Marauders for sale all the time. Surely one of those would be OK. Mine was two years old and had just under 36K on it. There was a Black one for sale at Marauderville IV that only had 1600 or so miles on it. Of course, it was like brand new. So don't give up. Keep an eye on this site and on e-Bay. There's always a few for sale with various mileage and in different locations. Good luck!

ChiTownMaraud3r
02-24-2007, 08:16 PM
Robb, I'm 19 years old so you should listen to me (And Its great to see us younger guys interested in MMs), it's not even about how fast the car will be. It is about it being a MARAUDER, it is the envy of friends, co-workers, and people drooling on the streets. It is the feeling you get from stepping out of the sparkling, luxurious, sporty, reliable, and bad ass car, and glancing over to make sure it looks perfect...every time you go anywhere with it. My car is stock, and babied like nothing else and only has 9000 miles on it, And I will never part with it.

This is all you have to know. Get a Marauder. :coolman:

LILALLEYKATT
02-24-2007, 08:22 PM
Robb, I'm 19 years old so you should listen to me (And Its great to see us younger guys interested in MMs), it's not even about how fast the car will be. It is about it being a MARAUDER, it is the envy of friends, co-workers, and people drooling on the streets. It is the feeling you get from stepping out of the sparkling, luxurious, sporty, reliable, and bad ass car, and glancing over to make sure it looks perfect...every time you go anywhere with it. My car is stock, and babied like nothing else and only has 9000 miles on it, And I will never part with it.

No doubt my friend. I paid for mine sight unseen and flew to Chicago to pick it up a week later....:pimp:

adollarwodbnice
02-25-2007, 07:18 PM

hahaha but it is nice to have a pretty quick car too right? lol, I can't wait for that day. I know i'm not superficial but I can't wait for the day where I can get in and out of my car and smile and be pleased with it.

whd507
02-28-2007, 07:56 PM
No doubt my friend. I paid for mine sight unseen and flew to Chicago to pick it up a week later....:pimp:

how did you survive the week? I'm two days in, with 6 days to go, I'm already going nuts. I'm one day into my 7-day waiting period...I dont like waiting periods...

ParkRanger
03-01-2007, 04:45 PM

Very nicely said - believe we all agree.

RedMerc04
03-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Yup, the Marauder is a great car for a young guy or anybody for that matter. Ive had mine for more than 2 1/2 years and it just doesnt get old. You'll get looks, compliments and envy from most other people. Of corse you will have to explain exactly what you are driving to about 85% of the people who ask but its well worth it! Its really nice because nobody has anything like it, especally at our age. It gets really fun when you start modding, it doesnt take much to run with the big dogs..

Hack Goby
03-02-2007, 01:39 PM
Seems like everyone wants to sell me their car!! I THOUGHT YOU ALL LOVED YOUR MARAUDERS?!?

-Robb I love my Marauder but being retired and a huge car note don`t mix.Mine will be up for sale after the KY. meet.

Stranger in the Black Sedan
03-02-2007, 01:43 PM
I see very low mileage Marauders for sale all the time. Surely one of those would be OK

No guarantee, I bought my MM a few months ago with 23k miles and it has an OASIS report a mile long. I actually find that a lot of low mileage used cars were sold for a reason (either hidden collision damage that was repaired on the side, that won't show up on Carfax or anywhere, or lots of mechanical trouble). Look very closely at any car you are buying used, but especially suspiciously low mileage ones.

SC Cheesehead
03-02-2007, 01:52 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^x2!!^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^

SCCH

Zack
03-02-2007, 02:02 PM
I love my Marauder but being retired and a huge car note don`t mix.Mine will be up for sale after the KY. meet.

Whats this Paul?

Ah yes, time for the Red Corvette. :flamer:

Hack Goby
03-02-2007, 03:31 PM
Whats this Paul?

Ah yes, time for the Red Corvette. :flamer:
More like a nice Mark VIII.I still want a fast car.