PDA

View Full Version : Lower Insurance Rates?

MM2004
02-16-2007, 03:19 PM
Something to ask your Insurance Agent about,...

My uncle has a second car that is rarely driven; <7,500 miles p/year.

When talking to his Insurance provider, he asked if any discounts could be applied as he rarely drives this car. And is garage kept with full coverage.

After a few minutes on the phone, his premium has now dropped ~$120.00 p/year!

His Agent said if driven <7,500 p/year, this discount does in fact apply. According to State Farm Insurance.

I told my Mom about this, and she contacted her Insurance provider. She has now saved ~$80.00 p/yr. on her second vehicle, with Travelers.

Having 3 cars with Kentucky Farm Bureau, I too will ask about this discount next week, and get back with the membership.

How about it?

Ask your Insurance provider and post up. We all may be able to save a little each year that drive our Marauders part time.

Two or more full tanks of 93 works for me. :burnout:

Mike.

jgc61sr2002
02-16-2007, 03:49 PM
If you have a good insurance agent he/she will inform you of all the discounts available. My Allstate agent is always looking to make sure I have all the discounts available to me.:D

Blackened300a
02-16-2007, 03:53 PM
If you have a good insurance agent he/she will inform you of all the discounts available. My Allstate agent is always looking to make sure I have all the discounts available to me.:D

If they charged by how many miles you put on a year, What do you pay John? $25 a year for full coverage ??:lol:

jgc61sr2002
02-16-2007, 05:51 PM
If they charged by how many miles you put on a year, What do you pay John? $25 a year for full coverage ??:lol:

I wish.:D :rofl: :laugh: :lol:

Mike Poore
02-16-2007, 06:14 PM
We went round & round with Erie over Sunshine, and finally have a "put up" clause for six months out of the year. So, the bottom line is, we have a 1993 car with just 4,000 miles on it, and still pay plenty. Thing is, if something were to happen to it, we'd get squat, since it's a 14 year old car. Every year I talk to the classic car insurers at Carlisle, but am too lazy to follow up. :(

Drock96Marquis
02-17-2007, 02:20 AM
We also have State Farm insurance. Our Town Car, DeVille and my Marquis all have a reduced rate 'low-mileage'/miles per year premium.

LordVader
02-19-2007, 02:46 PM
We went round & round with Erie over Sunshine, and finally have a "put up" clause for six months out of the year. So, the bottom line is, we have a 1993 car with just 4,000 miles on it, and still pay plenty. Thing is, if something were to happen to it, we'd get squat, since it's a 14 year old car. Every year I talk to the classic car insurers at Carlisle, but am too lazy to follow up. :(

Mike you should look at Hagerty insurance, especially with few miles per year.

MM03MOK
02-19-2007, 03:35 PM
AMICA sends a survey annually in Dec. and they ask the mileage. Two of the three cars qualify for low mileage. The total saving for both cars was about $70. '99 Taurus and '68 Buick. Not sure what the mileage is to get the discount.

Marauderman
02-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Dang -good stuff here--I never heard of such a thing..will check with my local Allstate agent----Ms. M '97 T-Bird does less than 5K miles a year ===sometime only 2200--has 50k so far----maybe even the MM --as well.....thanks for the heads up........Tom

BruteForce
02-19-2007, 04:45 PM
AMICA sends a survey annually in Dec. and they ask the mileage. Two of the three cars qualify for low mileage. The total saving for both cars was about $70. '99 Taurus and '68 Buick. Not sure what the mileage is to get the discount.

Amica here too with low miles discount. Has your premium dropped at all the past couple years? Mine seems to be holding pretty steady even though the car has depreciated somewhat. No claims with the MM or prior vehicles.

jgc61sr2002
02-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Dang -good stuff here--I never heard of such a thing..will check with my local Allstate agent----Ms. M '97 T-Bird does less than 5K miles a year ===sometime only 2200--has 50k so far----maybe even the MM --as well.....thanks for the heads up........Tom

Tom -Allstate definitely has a discount for vehicles driven less than 7,500 miles per year. A good agent will advise you of all the possible discounts without you asking.

Mike Poore
02-19-2007, 09:09 PM
Mike you should look at Hagerty insurance, especially with few miles per year.

Yeah, JR, those were the guys. Sunshine's going to be in the display building at Carlisle, this year, and I'll have plenty of time to talk to them. I'm just lazy, that's all.
Also, it seems a sin to stop handing over tons of cash to Earie, annually. I mean, they're so good, right? :o

Bradley G
02-19-2007, 09:12 PM
Marauder kill post, next to insurance discount thread, he he he:P