PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if this happened to your car?

b4z
09-27-2002, 05:30 PM
SVT technician posted what he did to customer's '03 Cobra and the customer saw the post!!!
He no longer works there.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=19809&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

You may not want to click on her URL just scroll down the page and read what others are saying and read his post as it has been pasted.

Larry Vogel
09-27-2002, 07:50 PM
I started out at a dealer back in the early 70's, this guy's story isn't unusual but him reporting it and admitting it is. I have never left a car of mine at a dealer or any place else, oh thoses guy's that park your car for ya, Valet's watch out. Corvette has the right idea, a Valet switch, I think they still have it .:eek:

b4z
09-28-2002, 03:55 AM
My blood pressure is up just thinking about it.

Back in '96 I was having some work done on my IROC, I was standing outside the service entrance and I watched this brand new Impala SS
(still in plastic) coming through the parking lot at about 30 mph driven by a mechanic. I thought to myself, "He is going way to fast ." Next thing I see is him driving over a speed bump at 30 mph!!!!
Cha chunk!!!
I feel sorry for the guy who bought that car.

03 Merc
09-28-2002, 05:02 AM
The Cobra board over at BlueOvalNews had a similar story a couple of years ago.

You can take steps to minimize prevent the issue, after delivery, though. Discuss your concerns with the Service Manager and have him annotate your service record (OASIS) with the car will not be test driven without your specific approval (besides the blanket one on the Work Order!).

01 SVT's got a "free" car wash and vacumn at scheduled services. I saw the lot putz "washing" a car and had my 01 Cobra record annotated to decline my "free" service...

That and I always make it obvious I am writing down the mileage and resetting the trip meter to zero when I get out of trhe car...

b4z
09-28-2002, 05:14 PM
Evidently people across the world have gotten wind of the Cobra abuse thread.
and mustangworks.com has had 156,930 page views so far.
Yes, you read that right.
It has almost shut down their server.
People from England are talking about it and even non car related sites are checking in to find out what is going on.
The owner's lawyer has told her not to post anymore. I hope they nail this dealership to the wall.

b4z
09-30-2002, 06:16 PM
50,000 hits a day will do that.
The news orginizations are now involved and the dealership is being swamped with emails.
They need to give the young lady a car and make this nightmare go away.