PDA

View Full Version : What sounds better

05GTMach70
02-26-2007, 09:24 PM
A turbo charged maruader or a superchared marauder. Lets see those opinions :)

Raudermaster
02-26-2007, 09:40 PM
If you're referring to exhaust note, I don't believe there is a huge difference if any. If you're referring to the turbo spooling, or the s/c whine, I guess it is all a matter of personal preference. For me, I love them both, but if it had to come down to one, a roots style s/c.

BAD MERC
02-26-2007, 10:00 PM
Have some respect, you always capitalize "Marauder". You don't have to capitalize "president bush" - just things that demand respect.

Marauderjack
02-27-2007, 04:32 AM
Something I've noticed.......Supercharged/Turbocharged cars and boats with louder exhausts are actually quieter than non-boost motors when they are in boost!!:cool:

I really noticed this when a fellow N/A Marauder owner with exactly the same exhaust setup took me for a ride and his was quite a bit louder under power than mine......thus another change in my exhaust....."H-Pipe"!!:rolleyes:

I read an article about this phenomenon in a boating magazine years ago but don't recall the reason for this happening.....has to do with shock waves overloading the exhaust and beating against each other (10# in a 5# bag).....or something like that??:confused:

Marauderjack:burnout:

Bluerauder
02-27-2007, 09:13 AM
You don't have to capitalize "president bush" - just things that demand respect.
Feel better now?? :rolleyes: Time to grow up ... you are 37 years old.

Comment noted and filed accordingly. :sleepy:

magindat
02-27-2007, 09:20 AM
Scenario One:
You're in your hopped out turboed civic (non capitalized) and you hear a big throaty V8 roll up. You rev your motor and let the bypass blow off. You hear a whistling next to you. Can't quite figure it out. Something must be wrong with his motor. I'll smoke hom!

Scenario Two
You're in your hopped out turboed civic (non capitalized) and you hear a big throaty V8 roll up. You rev your motor and let the bypass blow off. The V8 revs and whoosh-psst he has a bypass, too? Oh ***** there's no way I'm running this dude!

The lesson, big V8 guys know superchargers. Ricers know turbos. A turbo on a big V8? That spells intimidation!

Raudermaster
02-27-2007, 09:39 AM
It's funny you should mention that MarauderJack. My friend has an '00 Subaru RS 2.5 with an STi midpipe, aftermarket header, and a Borla muffler and that thing is excrutiating to listen too! It's much, much louder than a WRX.