PDA

View Full Version : FHP MM Fleet

DeadVic
02-28-2007, 10:23 AM
What is the latest on the FHP MM Fleet? Are they getting long in the teeth and about to be auctioned? I would guess they are north of 75K miles at this point.

fastblackmerc
02-28-2007, 12:14 PM
If I remember correctly....

They will not be auctioned by the FHP, they will be going back to the person(s) who donated the $$'s for them. I believe DR posted about this awhile ago.

ROB502
02-28-2007, 02:20 PM
W.T.F. :mad:

Hay,:cool: do you live by Pembrook N.C. ?

Dennis Reinhart
02-28-2007, 03:23 PM
What is the latest on the FHP MM Fleet? Are they getting long in the teeth and about to be auctioned? I would guess they are north of 75K miles at this point.

These cars will never ses a Auction they are not owned by the State,they are owned by a private owner, he already has a waiting list and I am on it:banana:

SID210SA
03-01-2007, 09:24 AM
So Dennis....what about the FHP that hit a tree headon...does the donator get the insurance money for that one? Just curious....

fastblackmerc
03-01-2007, 09:37 AM

No, near Raleigh.

Dennis Reinhart
03-01-2007, 09:42 AM
So Dennis....what about the FHP that hit a tree headon...does the donator get the insurance money for that one? Just curious....

The car was repairded it was not nearly as bad as what was said,

94_302
03-01-2007, 10:01 AM
Anyone have a breakdown, how many 03 black, 03 silver, 04 black, 04 silver, 04 DTR. I don't believe they have a blue which is why I did not list that.

KillJoy
03-01-2007, 10:03 AM
Would you REALLY want to own a Marauder that has high milage, that was used by a Highway Patrol???

KillJoy

not5-0
03-01-2007, 10:04 AM
These cars will never ses a Auction they are not owned by the State,they are owned by a private owner, he already has a waiting list and I am on it:banana:How does one get his name on that list? Thanks

MENINBLK
03-01-2007, 10:34 AM

My Mom lives IN Pembroke, NC.
She lives about 2 miles from the college.
I usually get down there at least once or twice a year.

JonW
03-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Would you REALLY want to own a Marauder that has high milage, that was used by a Highway Patrol???

KillJoy

It would have to be so cheap that it was scary. You can buy a high-miles civilian-owned Marauder for $10K or so these days.

not5-0
03-01-2007, 03:41 PM
It would have to be so cheap that it was scary. You can buy a high-miles civilian-owned Marauder for $10K or so these days.Usually these cars are 1 driver and fleet maintained. Marauders are destined to be collectible and a verified FHP Marauder car may be even more collectible. FHP Mustangs or any SSP Mustang in good condition is worth decent money and numbers wise there were alot more of them compared to Marauders.

Marauderman
03-01-2007, 04:21 PM
numbers wise there were alot more of them compared to Marauders.

thats what makes the Marauder even so much more SPECIAL..........

MarauderTJA
03-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Usually these cars are 1 driver and fleet maintained. Marauders are destined to be collectible and a verified FHP Marauder car may be even more collectible. FHP Mustangs or any SSP Mustang in good condition is worth decent money and numbers wise there were alot more of them compared to Marauders.

You are right. Police serviced vehicles are better than most civilian/dealer high mileage types anywhere. If they become available at a Florida auction I'll buy one. In years past I had three unmarked police cars. Each lasted more than 70-100K without one problem. Had to do some parts replacement, but overall excellent cars.

festo
12-02-2007, 10:18 AM
These cars will never ses a Auction they are not owned by the State,they are owned by a private owner, he already has a waiting list and I am on it:banana:

They will become very collectible $$$

MarauderTJA
12-02-2007, 10:22 AM

I would love to be on that list too Dennis:D

SHERIFF
12-02-2007, 12:13 PM
You are right. Police serviced vehicles are better than most civilian/dealer high mileage types anywhere.

I hope people don't really believe this. The idling time on the engine alone is the best reason to stay away from any patrol car. In Virginia we have troopers who work in construction zones off duty. The cars sit and idle for 8 to 10 hours at a time. Especially in cold weather.

ImpalaSlayer
12-02-2007, 12:21 PM
I hope people don't really believe this. The idling time on the engine alone is the best reason to stay away from any patrol car. In Virginia we have troopers who work in construction zones off duty. The cars sit and idle for 8 to 10 hours at a time. Especially in cold weather.

got a question. WHY!!!

281cammer
12-02-2007, 12:48 PM

KillJoy

For the right price ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!

got a question. WHY!!!

Cause they can, they aren't paying for gas and upkeep. Plus the car will always be warm when they get in. Just our tax dollars wasted. But that's all patrol cars everywhere.

Vortech347
12-02-2007, 11:57 PM
from all the ride alongs and all the strut bustin/A-arm bending/frame scraping "jump alongs" i've done with a few of my friends that are LEO's I would buy one unless the car was REALLY REALLY cheap!!!!!

the best thing to hope for is the drivers of the car respected them. But then again. I've seen some officers have vics with 120k+ and they are clean as can be. Others I've seen with 35k look like they've been in a demo derby.

88LTDCV351
12-03-2007, 09:40 AM
My 1988 Crown Victoria police package that I've been driving for many many years (since Jan 2000) until I bought my Marauder in 2006 is still running great. I drive it on weekends now. Sure I had to get a good number of things fixed over the years but the car is 20 years old and has given me many care free miles in between repairs. Who knows how many miles are on it since the odometer doesn't go past 99,999. I drove it to California from Michigan in 2005, no problems. All it ever needs to run forever is some TLC and religious oil changes. Still working on finishing the paint job at a body shop. I do mash the gas though.

I think that the FHP Marauders will be worth a lot. Just look at the copcar.com and Police Car Owners of America following. They had a good restored police car show in Ripon that I went to. Would have loved to have seen a FHP Marauder there. 75 more horsepower, and it would have been parked in the honorable position next to that 69 Dodge Polara with the 440, he he.

94_302
12-03-2007, 02:05 PM
I remember hearing something about a motor that idles for an hour is about the same as putting 30 miles on it. Not to mention if you have seen the way the FHP Camaros are driven you may want to think twice about trying to get one. Unless you intend on keeping it as a collectible fully documented FHP Marauder.

MarauderTJA
12-03-2007, 03:40 PM

I completely disagree. My personal CV Troop car was serviced on a regular basis, I idled it for hours on end like you stated. I ran the car new to 120K before it went to auction. I bought it at the auction, ran it for another 100K and sold it to my brother-in-law. He drove it for 50k before hitting a telephone pole and wrecked it. Now I admit that I really took car of my car, but our service garage were rated tops in taking car of our cars. They replaced ball joints, u-joints, brakes every 10k miles, oil changes like clockwork every 3K and used synthetic oil. Most of the other Troopers who I knew all ran their cars for 120K+. Several also bought them and used them as personal vehicles. It all depends on how well they were taken car of as well as treated by the Officers.

Breadfan
12-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Face it - Cop cars are beat up.

But...

Face it - private cars are often beat up and poorly maintained

No denying a cop car will most likely see a tougher on-road life than any private car. But it's maintained well and the panther cars have proven the ability to take it.

I know plenty who love old CVPI's and get many miles of service on them after the departments clear them out.

It also helps to be "smart" on the cars. I.e. where is the car coming from, what was it doing most of it's life.

For instance:

- The jurisdiction a car comes from can tell alot of it's maintenance history. If it doesn't come with a history, you can infer it from knowing about where it came from. Was it a well funded force, do you know anyone there who can vouch for maintenance practices, etc.

- A county patrol car will most likely see varied duty, city driving, high speed driving, curb jumping, long idles, traffic duty, etc.

- State trooper will see plenty of traffic duty, high speed, lots of highway driving, idling, construction duty, etc.

- Sherrif casr - can see varied driving based on the jurisdiction, you may know best in your area. Some sherrif cars may only be used for items such as personnel or prisoner transfers, court duty, official business, whereas others may see the same street duty as patrol cars. It varies depending on the place and where the car was assigned. (Same goes for county work)

- Unmarked, detective cars - Unmarked cars can be lighter duty official use cars, they can also be unmarked highway patrol or patrol cars. Detective cars may have less "hard use" on them too - doesn't mean those folks don't work as hard but their job duties may require less idling and curb jumping.

We have a place near us that buys the cars at auction and resells them. The guy is pretty good at picking them and usually knows the history of them, alot come from local jurisdictions and have a history of what their service level was.

So yes, they are beat on, but well maintained.

I've seen some rough CVPI's but honestly ALOT LESS than I see rough hondas and toyotas around this area!

YMMV! I am not a LEO by any means, so I may be way off in my inferences above. At the end of the day though I know all LEOs whether state, county, sherrif, detective, etc, are all working very hard and have VERY difficult jobs.

SHERIFF
12-03-2007, 06:28 PM
got a question. WHY!!!

In addition to what 281cammer said, the troopers sit at the beginning of the construction zone with their blue lights on, obviously to slow people down. They have to keep the car running to keep the battery charged. Their presence really is needed at these zones, otherwise people would never slow down when coming upon and entering the construction zones. Supposedly the trooper's time, wear and tear on the car, gas, etc... is all paid by the construction companies. But it's still IDLE time on the engine no matter why it occurs.

offroadkarter
12-03-2007, 06:53 PM
im sure the mustangs and camaros that are/were used in service were beat to crap to, and theyve still got a good ammount of value, enough where people buy and restore them.

MarauderTJA
12-03-2007, 07:39 PM
You guys are all right on with police vehicles, no question. But the FHP Marauders were special duty vehicles. I have not ever seen any working constructions sites and I travel throughout Florida on the interstates on a regular basis. They were designed and brought on line as special enforcement vehicles for agressive drivers etc. So most of their life was dead stop, acceleration and more. If, if I can get on the list, like anything the entire car will have to be gone through. As long as there is no structual damage, most drive train and engine parts are easily replaceable and brought back to new with a decent restoration project. I for one, would really like to have one, put a built motor in it and keep it NA and not mess with it...well, maybe a couple of goodies:D.

281cammer
12-03-2007, 08:04 PM
In addition to what 281cammer said, the troopers sit at the beginning of the construction zone with their blue lights on, obviously to slow people down. They have to keep the car running to keep the battery charged. Their presence really is needed at these zones, otherwise people would never slow down when coming upon and entering the construction zones. Supposedly the trooper's time, wear and tear on the car, gas, etc... is all paid by the construction companies. But it's still IDLE time on the engine no matter why it occurs.

Oh don't take what I said as bashing them. If I was a LEO, I'd do the same thing myself :D

SHERIFF
12-04-2007, 03:52 PM
Oh don't take what I said as bashing them. If I was a LEO, I'd do the same thing myself :D

I would too. Well, come to think of it, I did.

I never turned my car off between the hop, skip and jumps. And I never left home in a cold car as well. I'd let them idle/warm up until all the frost had melted and dried from sight. :D

Stranger in the Black Sedan
12-04-2007, 04:02 PM

Hell no. Never ever. Police cars get idled all day long and see severe duty. No thanks. It is not hard to find a reasonably priced, low mileage civilian MM that has been cherished and driven by an older guy who garaged it every day of its life.

jgc61sr2002
12-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Many decomissioned Police vehicles are purchased by private cab companies and are good for a least another 100 K.:D

Stranger in the Black Sedan
12-04-2007, 05:16 PM
They also blow smoke. Still no thx. If these cars were super hard to find in good shape, that would be a different story. The privately owned MM's are kept super nice and very low mileage usually.

festo
02-24-2008, 06:51 PM

KillJoy

why not:banana2:

03Farmmarauder
02-24-2008, 07:26 PM
With the MMs being personally donated they are going to be well kept. Plus the officers were hand picked to drive these cars so most of the officers will take a little more pride in them. Some of the different troops added things to the cars, such as cobra emblems. They tryed not to change the car to much such as putting holes in the cars for spot lights and antennas, for the reasons of to try to keep the car undetected and to take the car back to its old self when retired. Alot of times these cars are moving thru traffic at 65 MPH when they pick up there pray and yes some times from dead stops to. I would like to have one that had not been involved in any body work. That would be nice. :D

Here are some pics of the FHP MERCURY MARAUDERS
ENJOY
http://a697.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/86/l_7173f225230d2b001cafd330cfed 0d60.jpg (http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=141778125&albumID=1495321&imageID=16833543)

http://a976.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/58/l_9a7ea1534b5e039b512181e77d53 8f47.jpg (http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=141778125&albumID=1495321&imageID=16833549)

http://a13.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/127/l_689dcae5476b94ca29937e207fad bf94.jpg (http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=141778125&albumID=1495321&imageID=16833554)

http://a368.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/121/l_560a55f7b4c0cdb2be4891d7cd5c cfff.jpg (http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=141778125&albumID=1495321&imageID=16833567)
http://a949.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/30/l_40d7ca20e1414e91bc646aa65210 4614.jpg (http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=141778125&albumID=1495321&imageID=16833561)

http://a646.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/79/l_d873ed55a85cf7170b9f7dbaa43e 67b5.jpg (http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=141778125&albumID=1495321&imageID=16833530)

http://a271.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/126/l_3eacc2a52bafcd4c6ca5581a3a94 512e.jpg (http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=141778125&albumID=1495321&imageID=16833540)

FreddieH
02-24-2008, 08:15 PM
What is the emblem on the fender?

DOOM
02-24-2008, 09:15 PM
Where are the BLACK ones????

bob6364
02-24-2008, 09:47 PM
I know a few folks who bought Connecticut police CV's and most have good experiences one ended up changing out an oil pump ...that was no fun but the other half dozen got good cars,hopefully the mechanics for those MM's are keeping up with all the required service

ChiTownMaraud3r
02-24-2008, 09:54 PM
Man I need a light bar back there, even if its a dummy one..

03Farmmarauder
02-24-2008, 11:44 PM
What is the emblem on the fender?

The emblem is a cobra

03Farmmarauder
02-24-2008, 11:45 PM
Where are the BLACK ones????

Funny thing i couldnt find a black one kinda made me mad :mad2:

03Farmmarauder
02-25-2008, 08:04 PM
Does anyone watch Speeders, I do almost everyone of them and a friend of mine said that they had a marauder on the show. Now i missed a show due to a farm show but if anyone had seen it could u fill me in on when it was on. :banana2:

Aren Jay
02-26-2008, 09:09 PM
Any way you look at it, when another 30+ Marauder come on the market, prices are going to go down for a little while. Then they will shoot right back up. Wait for the replacement time and buy your second Marauder then.

festo
09-21-2008, 07:53 AM
whats up ???
any news ??
info ???
still want one :D:D

Dennis Reinhart
09-21-2008, 08:10 AM
whats up ???
any news ??
info ???
still want one :D:D