PDA

View Full Version : Lemons into Lemonade

kayzap
02-28-2007, 05:26 PM
I have er had a drop dead perfect car. It was a white with flint interior 2004 Ford CV LX Sport. I loved that car. Absolutely perfect. No flaws. I bought it as my Company car. My wife drove it to the store once. She came back and announced that she was tired of driving an economy car and my perfect CV was now hers.

Now you youngstrers are thinking. Why I would have told her no! I'm the man and what I say goes!

Here's your education youngsters. "I said All right dear if that makes you happy. Thats what we'll do. I'll go get me another work car."

Parked in the driveway next to her CV is my new to me 2004 Silver Birch w/Flint interior bone stock Marauder. She only got a car. I got a Marauder and many nights in the Happy place. Lemons into Lemonade.

jdando
02-28-2007, 05:29 PM
:banana:

Congrats on the new to you Marauder!

jeremy

KillJoy
02-28-2007, 05:30 PM
CONGRATS on the new car!!!

:up:

You know...there are several ways too look at this. I would have done the same as you ;) EXCEPT...mine would include BOOST :D

KillJoy

kayzap
02-28-2007, 05:42 PM
CONGRATS on the new car!!!

:up:

You know...there are several ways too look at this. I would have done the same as you ;) EXCEPT...mine would include BOOST :D

KillJoy

All that will come. Right now I'm thinking better exhaust system.

gohogs
02-28-2007, 05:42 PM
Now do yourself a favor and get a tune from Lidio or Reinhart and wake up that Marauder! You'll like the difference.

Welcome to the club.

kayzap
02-28-2007, 05:47 PM
Now do yourself a favor and get a tune from Lidio or Reinhart and wake up that Marauder! You'll like the difference.

Welcome to the club.

Whats the tune include and would it in any way decrease its civility for work use?

Marauder386
02-28-2007, 06:01 PM
Whats the tune include and would it in any way decrease its civility for work use?

You will be able to haul yourself and four other adults much more quickly with more road confidence to avoid the idiots...

:cool:

gohogs
02-28-2007, 06:04 PM
In general, you get a Marauder like it should have come from the factory. No more searching for a gear at lower speeds. The shift points are a lot more positive, but still very comfortable until you put your foot in it. The torque converter locks up at a higher speed and that helps with driveability. Speed limiter eliminated. Can get separate tunes for 93 octane, and lower octane fuel for driving out West.

See Alternative Automotive (Lidio), or Reinhart at the vendor forums for info

KillJoy
02-28-2007, 06:15 PM
IMO - The MM should have included 4.10 Gears and a Tune (like the one Reinhart or Lidio provides). It makes that car OH, so much fun :D

Add to that Rear Control Arms, and you have a nice move and turn ride :D

KillJoy

PS - Front and Rear Sway Bars are nice too. :D

RoyLPita
02-28-2007, 06:18 PM
Congrats on your purchase. Enjoy.

Rider90
02-28-2007, 08:26 PM
In general, you get a Marauder like it should have come from the factory. No more searching for a gear at lower speeds. The shift points are a lot more positive, but still very comfortable until you put your foot in it. The torque converter locks up at a higher speed and that helps with driveability. Speed limiter eliminated. Can get separate tunes for 93 octane, and lower octane fuel for driving out West.

See Alternative Automotive (Lidio), or Reinhart at the vendor forums for info
gohogs is spot-on, you will notice a big difference. Just the transmission programming makes the money spent on the tuner well worth it. Enjoy!

Bluerauder
02-28-2007, 09:43 PM
She only got a car. I got a Marauder and many nights in the Happy place.
Excellent trade. Congrats on your Marauder......and the bonus. :D

JMan
03-01-2007, 05:10 AM
Congrats. Way to make a win-lose a win-win-win! Many nights in the happy place!

J

RF Overlord
03-01-2007, 05:24 AM
^^^what gohogs and Rider90 said^^^

Getting a tune from one of the excellent vendors here will wake the car up and make it the way it SHOULD have left the factory, instead of with Ford's anemic one-size-fits-all programming. Neither of the tunes mentioned above will affect your cars manners until you lean on it, so don't be at all concerned about being suitable for work. You could drive Mother Superior from the local convent around and she wouldn't notice...

...but after you've dropped her off...... :burnout: :D

SID210SA
03-01-2007, 06:14 AM
Welcome from another Silver Birch....Enjoy your new ride....I have had a smile on my face for 2 years and 4 months now and it just keeps getting better every day!!!

SID210SA
03-01-2007, 06:17 AM
Way to go Jman....1000 posts!!!

LordVader
03-01-2007, 06:22 AM
Man, I'm a sucker for a happy ending. I know you are happy with your purchase and welcome to the wonderful world of Marauders.

ckadiddle
03-01-2007, 08:17 AM
Keyzap is a wise man. When mama is happy, everybody is happy. If my MM had a sunroof, my wife might have already commandeered it for her own use. ;)

Mike Poore
03-01-2007, 10:00 AM
Here's your education youngsters. "I said All right dear if that makes you happy. Thats what we'll do. I'll go get me another work car."

Parked in the driveway next to her CV is my new to me 2004 Silver Birch w/Flint interior bone stock Marauder. She only got a car. I got a Marauder and many nights in the Happy place. Lemons into Lemonade.

You are very wise ....for one so young. :geezer:

My advise? Keep it stock, except for the Shiney Hiney and a Pro-Guard skid plate. Also, real gauges are a nice touch. :D

OH, yeah ....and a tune.

MENINBLK
03-01-2007, 10:40 AM
Congrats !

The HAPPY PLACE is the place to be !!!

Pops
03-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Congrats!!!!!!!!
You will have fun.

jgc61sr2002
03-01-2007, 03:12 PM
Congrats - That was an excellent move.:D :cool5:

ParkRanger
03-01-2007, 04:14 PM
VERY good move! You are definitely executive material.

Enjoy your ride!

PR :burnout: