PDA

View Full Version : Band or artist you can't stand

Motorhead350
03-02-2007, 12:50 AM
Simple as that name one or if you have more name em. I have a heafty amount... lets just say anything new, but the band I can't stand at all is blink 182. I have even gone as far as setting their albums on fire in public.... no joke.

Your turn.

Motorhead350
03-02-2007, 01:13 AM
Also you can state your reason if you want.

larryo340
03-02-2007, 03:53 AM
I hate all these new whinny wanna be punk rock bands. They all sound the same and will not be around like the rock bands. Bands like Aerosmith, the Who, even the Rolling Stones (whom I do not like at all) are still touring.

Haggis
03-02-2007, 04:18 AM
Green Day. :puke:

baltimoremm
03-02-2007, 07:01 AM
Dave Matthews Band

Grifter
03-02-2007, 07:40 AM
Tool
A Perfect Circle
Rage Against the Machine

ckadiddle
03-02-2007, 07:41 AM
Whitney Houston - she doesn't sing, she just bellows loudly. She also butchers up Dolly Parton songs.
Willie Nelson - I just can't stand his voice on my ears, have nothing against him otherwise. It affects me like fingernails dragged across a chalkboard.

That's about it. I like at least a little bit of nearly everything else.

KillJoy
03-02-2007, 07:41 AM
Creed

KillJoy

Dr Caleb
03-02-2007, 08:47 AM
Arcade Fire.

They remind me of Neil Young, before he learned to sing.

BAD MERC
03-02-2007, 09:05 AM
I hate all nu-metal. I hate boy bands. I really hate teenie-bopper crap and all rap.

Stranger in the Black Sedan
03-02-2007, 09:15 AM
LOL @ Whitney Houston. She is horrible.

Marauder386
03-02-2007, 09:18 AM
LOL @ Whitney Houston. She is horrible.

"CRACK IS WHACK !"

Yep, she ruined herself...we all know how...

:cool:

SC Cheesehead
03-02-2007, 09:35 AM
Boy George

Cat Stevens (my wife's gonna slug me for this one!)

SCCH

ParkRanger
03-02-2007, 09:48 AM
Rap Crap

All the new bands where the average age is 19.5 yrs.

Blackened300a
03-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Macy Gray, (Since when did crack whores get recording contracts?)

Kylie Minogue, ( I can whine through songs too)

Kelly Clarkson, (Congrats you won a game show and now write annoying songs)

Justin Timberlake, (Cant change the station fast enough when this crap starts)

Avril Lavigne, ( We get it, your a pissed off teen)

The Darkness, ( The 80's called, they want their music back)

I could probably go on and on but these are the ones that stick out the most in my head.

High-C
03-02-2007, 10:16 AM
The Greatful Dead...

Breadfan
03-02-2007, 10:17 AM

ROFL that was funny. :)

sailsmen
03-02-2007, 12:04 PM
gangsta crap

A noted gangsta craper is from NO. I was riding in a elevator w/ an older woman who had on one of his tshirts.

% how when I began reciting some of the lyrics from his songs she became uncomfortable and then upset.

Bigdogjim
03-02-2007, 12:10 PM
Any thing rap or hip hop..............

MarauderMark
03-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Used to like the roling stones till they turned to sundried prunes.:cool4:
lol j/k i dunno ,,, ah Kaptain kewl and the kongs and the bungaloos yeah they were awful.

Motorhead350
03-02-2007, 12:40 PM
Ok I got a few to add.... Anything thats scream-o, anything aimed at pop culture and not music fans, anything that requires "studio magic" to correct vocals, any artist that sounds like a girl, anything thats passed off as rock n' roll when it's really too complicated to be that because we all know rock n' roll is really 3 or 4 chords at most, anythiing on victory records, music where they sing about material positions likes rimz or see women as objects, anything where the music video is more important than the song, did I mention anything thats new, anything on trl, anything on the top 40 garbage, taking back sunday, panic at the disco, anything that sounds like that bs passed off as new music for teenagers to inhale. I'm almost glad they download music these days because it's worthless to me too.

Zack
03-02-2007, 12:58 PM
I hate those homos who sing the theme song to Gray's Anatomy.
The Frey I think?

Leadfoot281
03-02-2007, 02:03 PM
Billy Ray Virus. His song 'Achy breaky heart' finally destroyed country music. I've heard his fans say, "Y'know, I never knew I liked country before". Well, I got news for you, It's NOT country! He turned it into some sort of pop/dance crap.

Gratefull Dead. I don't get it. Then again I've never lived in a car before either.

The Dixie Chicks. Bad name, bad music, and bad planning. You pi$$ed off all your fans and now you're mad about it? Three strikes you're out.

All current pop music. Thank God cars still come with AM radios.

Mach1
03-02-2007, 02:12 PM
John Mellencamp.:alone:

Mopar Boy
03-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Leadfoot281

The Dixie Chicks. Bad name, bad music, and bad planning. You pi$$ed off all your fans and now you're mad about it? Three strikes you're out.

:censor: need to go shoot their mouths off in France some more. :down:

Mike Poore
03-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Arcade Fire.

They remind me of Neil Young, before he learned to sing.

:laugh:
Neil Young can sing? He's a terrific musician, and song writer, but sing, he can't.

I know there will be scaulding criticism for this; but I could never stand The Doors.

RoyLPita
03-02-2007, 03:09 PM
Any thing rap or hip hop..............

That also includes EMINEM. It does not include Blondie.

Dr Caleb
03-02-2007, 03:11 PM
:laugh:
Neil Young can sing? He's a terrific musician, and song writer, but sing, he can't.

That was kind of my point. Great music, singing sounds like stepping on a cat that just smoked a big phattie. ;)

94_302
03-02-2007, 03:58 PM
I like Blink-182 a lot. Although their last album was eh, they tried to change their sound because they wanted to grow up or whatever, however you don't just do that after being the same type of band for the last 10 years. I really hate Dave Mattews Band and a lot of 80's pop. Most rap and hip hop although some I can handle usually when it's a rock rap remix. There are plenty of others I don't like but it would just be too many to list.

jgc61sr2002
03-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Macy Gray, (Since when did crack whores get recording contracts?)

Kylie Minogue, ( I can whine through songs too)

Kelly Clarkson, (Congrats you won a game show and now write annoying songs)

Justin Timberlake, (Cant change the station fast enough when this crap starts)

Avril Lavigne, ( We get it, your a pissed off teen)

I could probably go on and on but these are the ones that stick out the most in my head.

I concur - Very funny.:rofl: :laugh:

glassman99
03-02-2007, 05:19 PM
Hey Cheesehead, you are hitting on my personal favorite soloist of all time...Cat Stevens (I KNOW he is now Muslim but he WAS great and his last album was pretty darn good.) What ya gonna do now, pick on Creedance?

Joe Walsh
03-02-2007, 05:32 PM
The Greatful Dead...

Gratefull Dead. I don't get it. Then again I've never lived in a car before either.

+3
I can't stand that garbage they play for their drugged out-lost in the 60s fans.

+2.....Dixie Chicks SUCK!....at least their music & politics do!
+2.....Kelly Clarkson
+2.....Dave Matthews Band

Add in;

Hootie and the Blowhards

Motorhead350
03-02-2007, 05:42 PM
+3
I can't stand that garbage they play for their drugged out-lost in the 60s fans.

:rofl: :2thumbs:

marales
03-02-2007, 06:18 PM
Useless Gangster Rap. They should all shoot each other and get it over with. And that idiot 50 cent, (brags that he got shot so many times and they could not put him down) the only reason you're still alive because you enemies are lousy shots. :flamer:

RedMerc04
03-02-2007, 06:36 PM
I cant stand any Rap/Hip hop, this new "emo" rock and basicly anything else thats played on top 40 stations. The Dixie Chicks suck as does "Cowboy Troy". His race has nothing to do with me disliking him, its just that he is really terrible. His spin on country is called "Hick Hop" or something. Its really pathetic what these executives are trying to market to make a buck...

96DiamondVIII
03-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Panic! at the Disco...Fall Out Boy...and pretty much anything that sounds like them. Fall Out Boy is especially atrocious.

Motorhead350
03-02-2007, 09:53 PM
Why did you even bother to use captials? :crab:

GreekGod
03-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Rudy Vallee...he needs to lose the megaphone. Even he admitted so: In his later years he told a collector of his early records that "Everything I did before 1950 you can **** on."

I get light in the loafers whenever I hear Boy George.

GreekGod
03-03-2007, 04:29 PM
...I had to think awhile, but it finally came to me. The worst song we are forever doomed to hear played on the radio is by Don McClean. Yes, you know the words to American Pie, "drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry".

Now, I don't know if Chevrolet types consider it the National Anthem, but (I started driving Ford products in 1966) it has been my "nails on the chalkboard" since 1971.

Since he is still touring, he should be arrested and sent to Club Gitmo and allowed to die a natural death, in exile.

endless
03-04-2007, 11:49 PM
anything on victory records

:lol::lol:

BigMerc
03-05-2007, 04:12 AM
motorhead350:"Band or artist you can't stand"

anything YOU listen to.......

Motorhead350
03-05-2007, 12:45 PM
motorhead350:"Band or artist you can't stand"

anything YOU listen to.......

And why is that big boy? :rolleyes:

Bluerauder
03-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Simple as that name one or if you have more name em.

I never liked much of the Beatles stuff while I was a teenager in the '60s. Had a preference for Soul and R&B at the time. :D

One song still drives me up the wall whenever I hear it announced on the radio --- "Hey Jude". I can't hit the tuner button fast enough. ;) The long version is like 18 minutes of sheer agony -- not that I have ever come close to hearing the whole thing.

ckadiddle
03-05-2007, 01:22 PM
I never liked much of the Beatles stuff while I was a teenager in the '60s. Had a preference for Soul and R&B at the time. :D

One song still drives me up the wall whenever I hear it announced on the radio --- "Hey Jude". I can't hit the tuner button fast enough. ;) The long version is like 18 minutes of sheer agony -- not that I have ever come close to hearing the whole thing.
oooh yeah, put that one on my list too!

Leadfoot281
03-05-2007, 07:54 PM

You should hear Tiny Tims version of it some time! It's on his last album "Girl". He also covers Led Zeppelins "Stairway to Heaven" which is almost as good as Frank Zappas version.

BAD MERC
03-05-2007, 08:01 PM
GRATEFUL DEAD. Two sins, you spelled it wrong and dissed Jerry.
The Greatful Dead...

QWK SVT
03-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Shania Twain... The office I was in about a year ago was right beside the Office Buildings Tenant Yoga Center. Every Tuesday and Thursday I would hear Shania pumped at max volume for an hour straight. "Up, up, up" and "Man, I feel like a woman" really get on my nerves...

On the upside to being beside the Yoga Center was catching the ocasional hot woman going in :D

DefyantExWife
03-06-2007, 07:14 AM
I have never been able to tolerate Lionel Richie's voice for some reason. It's not terrible, per say, but for me, it's very irritating.

Also, Beach Boys :puke: talk about whining through songs. Blahhhh

Motorhead350
03-06-2007, 01:20 PM
Also, Beach Boys :puke: talk about whining through songs. Blahhhh

You putting down the song Surfer Girl? :bigcry: Actually I can see your point on the high vocals. I like it though. ;)

ex00p71
03-07-2007, 06:15 PM
409 and Little Deuce Coupe are good songs. One song I absolutely can't stand by them is the The sloop John B.

Motorhead350
03-07-2007, 09:44 PM
409 and Little Deuce Coupe are good songs. One song I absolutely can't stand by them is the The sloop John B.

Actually that song is by Dick Dale and His Del Tones. I'm not much a fan of it either, but I love his other work. I forgot 409 isn't their song either. It kills it when I find out a song I really like is a cover.

Motorhead350
03-08-2007, 02:07 AM
I got another one to add. Whoever has that stupid song that goes like this... "This ***** is bannas" over and over again. Everytime I hit the gym this stupid song is playing. Glad I'm lifting during that time because I would seriously smash the radio if I wasn't.... I'm not kidding.

Mike Poore
03-08-2007, 06:01 AM
Actually that song is by Dick Dale and His Del Tones. I'm not much a fan of it either, but I love his other work. I forgot 409 isn't their song either. It kills it when I find out a song I really like is a cover.

"Sloop John B."? I may be wrong, but try The Kingston Trio, I believe they may have recorded it first, ~ 1954; although I hesitate to contradict your expertise. :D

No one has mentioned David Bowie (sp?) Dunno why, but that dude creeps me out, and I always go for the switch. :puke: Also, our local oldies station plays a lot of VanHalen(sp?) and for whatever reason I've never been a fan of David Lee Roth, although he a very gifted vocalist, he's just over the top, or something, with all those voice tricks.

As far as pop singers go, I still believe Frank Sinatra was the best of all time.

Motorhead350
03-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Now I'm not completely sure on that one. I'll read the book that came with that album to find out. I know Louie Louie was done by Richard Berry though, NOT Chuck Berry and I don't believe there is any relationship. The Kingsmen Trio was basically The Commits. Bill Haley and His Commits did their own thing without Bill to form The Kingsmen Trio. This is not The Kingsmen who drunkinly covered Louie Louie for 45 dollars with the vocal mic 10 feet away in 1963. Although The Kingsmen were not covering Richard Berrys version, there was on like it in 1962 which sounds closer to the best known version.

Thats all I know.

Mike Poore
03-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Dominic it's the KINGSTON Trio http://www.janeek.com/kingston.htm

They were the hottest band up until the Beatles came along. Everyone I knew could sing every one of their songs, and there were many. I listened to the new band, and don't like them as much as the original, something's missing.

Motorhead350
03-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Sweet now I know a little more. I can assure you all the info on The Kingsmen Trio is correct and The Kingsmen. Wow we got a lotta King bands going on... or we did.

96DiamondVIII
03-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Dick Dale and his Del-Tones did (or covered as it may be) Sloop John B.? I don't think I've ever heard anything by them that wasn't instrumental only..hmmm.

Who originally recorded 409?

Motorhead350
03-08-2007, 09:00 PM
Theres a lot by Dick Dale that has lyrics. Grudge Run. Mr. Pepperment Man, Mag Wheels... As far as the original artists of 409 it's The Quads. I'll admit I had to look this up from a box set of car songs I have

http://www.amazon.com/Rods-Custom-Classics-Various-Artists/dp/B00000I5M0

Go down to the 4th disc you can hear a little of both 409 and a Dick Dale song with lyrics! Also if you have the chance everyone should hear the sample of Hot Rod Race... I think we ALL can go out to those lyrics in the middle.

Mike Poore
03-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Domonic, you're bringing the tunes to Horse Cave, right? And if you perform, how about a little entertainment for us old codgers? :D

Barb says: "Make sure he wears them Converse All-Stars *if he's gonna dance".

Motorhead350
03-09-2007, 04:12 PM
"Make sure he wears them Converse All-Stars *if he's gonna dance".

I don't dance, but I'm ahead of you on the shoes. I need a new pair actually... it's been 6 months already. :lol:

DeadVic
03-12-2007, 11:17 AM
R.e.m...........

Motorhead350
03-13-2007, 01:48 AM
I like the songs Stand and It's The End Of The World As We KNow it... everything else isn't important to me. I think it's funny that a band like The Minutemen opened for them before their singer died.... ya know The Minutemen.... Jackasss theme song? Ya they shared the stage, true story. :lol: