PDA

View Full Version : maruader VS 300C or charger

05GTMach70
03-05-2007, 12:00 AM
How does the marauder stack up with the 300 C and charger? Stock for stock?

bigmerc'03
03-05-2007, 12:16 AM
stock no mods i dont think we have a chance:shake: :shake: :depress:

96DiamondVIII
03-05-2007, 12:39 AM
I thought I remember hearing 6.5 0-60 on the Charger...which is the same as the factory claim for the MM (though I don't know if they usually achieve that in practice...)

Blackened300a
03-05-2007, 01:07 AM
According to motor trend, the charger R/T and the 300 both pull mid-low 14 second 1/4 mile times.
We cant hang.

Eric91Z
03-05-2007, 07:16 AM
I have first hand, recent experience to share with you. Here are the cars:

1) My '04 Marauder with 40,000 miles, JLT, and XCal2 with Lidio's tune. Otherwise, it is mechanically stock. I had about 1/2 tank of gas and 2 people in the car

2) My best friend's '05 300C - completely stock, 18,000 miles, and 4 guys in the car

We were on our private test strip. Did a roll from about 45mph to about 80 mph. I had the jump on him at first, but from there he just started pulling away with relative ease. Happened like that a couple of times.

From a dead stop: I got the jump on him and pulled a car length up to about 25-30 mph. From there it was the same as from the roll: he just started pulling away. Didn't exactly leave me, but was a steady pull/walk away.

Now, at an actual 1/8 mile dragstrip last fall, I was running consistent 9.54-9.57 to a bone stock Dodge Magnum R/T that was running 9.59-9.64's.

So, stock to stock, they are close, but the Chrysler Hemi powered cars have an advantage - which they should with 40 more HP and not sure how much more torque.

magindat
03-05-2007, 07:29 AM
My marauder had
JLT, underdrive crank pulley, DR tune. Smoked a yellow charger over and over and over again at Moroso.

Stock for stock with equal drivers, I'd say about equal.

JonW
03-05-2007, 08:32 AM
I have both a 5.7 Hemi Charger and a Marauder, and stock for stock, with comparable drivers, the Hemi is going to win every time. The Marauder is geared lower (3.55 vs. 2.82 for the Charger) and might pull the Charger out of the hole. Also, the 5.7's cannot totally disable the computer system, and it will limit throttle response and wheelspin. On the few occasions that I have been able to start launching the Charger hard, the computer first started applying the ABS, and then started cutting fuel. So the Marauder might have an advantage off the line. But with a better intake and exhaust system, 45 more horsepower, and one more gear, the Charger is going to pull away in short order.

As far as the SRT8 Chargers with the 6.1 Hemi, don't even try. They can totally disable the computer, and they have 425 horses at their disposal.

RF Overlord
03-05-2007, 09:54 AM
the 5.7's cannot totally disable the computer system, and it will limit throttle response and wheelspin. On the few occasions that I have been able to start launching the Charger hard, the computer first started applying the ABS, and then started cutting fuel. Jon, I'm intrigued by this. So DCX built an outstanding performance car, then hobbled it with both traction control and some sort of torque management that are non-defeatable? That sux...I would have thought fnkychkn or someone like him from the LX Forums would have fixed that by now...

duhtroll
03-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Stock for stock, the hemi wins.

Dollar for dollar, the MM wins.

Make your choice. :)

RCSignals
03-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Build a 300c or Hemi Charger with a 4 speed auto transmission, 3.55 rear ratio and 4.6l displacement and see what happens.

RCSignals
03-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Jon, I'm intrigued by this. So DCX built an outstanding performance car, then hobbled it with both traction control and some sort of torque management that are non-defeatable? That sux...I would have thought fnkychkn or someone like him from the LX Forums would have fixed that by now...

it's true, the computer systems have a 'shut off but the shut off is automatically overridden by the computer in certain instances. Same with the 'auto stick' feature.
From what I understand this also applies the the 6.1 L, the only difference being the 6.1 L does not have displacement on demand feature.

QWK SVT
03-05-2007, 09:05 PM
How does the marauder stack up with the 300 C and charger? Stock for stock?

Stock for stock, it's not really a contest. My MM's run 14.8 stock, which seems to be slightly better than average.

With JLT Intake, 4.10's and tune I lined up against a Charger Daytona (it was that awful mango color :puke:) and it was an even match up. Neither car would pull too far away from the other, but from a standstill it was mine, and a roll from above 30 was his... I've run a handful of 14.2's in this state of tune, BTW.

LILALLEYKATT
03-05-2007, 09:17 PM
I ran several SRTs and they were running 13.3-13.6...One of them still had the window sticker still in the window..

JonW
03-05-2007, 09:34 PM
The computer on the 5.7 Hemis cannot be fully disabled. Turning it off with the dash switch reduces it by about 85%, but not totally. I'm not saying that it can't be disabled, since some ingenious souls have figured out a way to do it. But for the purpose of this thread, we're talking about stock cars.

The police Hemis and the 6.1 SRTs have the ability to completely turn off the computer.

Also, the Charger does not have a limited slip differential. So on the cars that have the computer turned off, expect a lot of wheelspin on a hard launch.

Driving the Charger and the Marauder is the difference between night and day. They both have their good and bad points, and they both have a very different feel to them. They are not at all alike. I enjoy driving them both.

RCSignals
03-05-2007, 11:22 PM

Also, the Charger does not have a limited slip differential. So on the cars that have the computer turned off, expect a lot of wheelspin on a hard launch.

I've heard guys complain that there are no DCX or aftermarket gear or locking diff. options available either.

Motorhead350
03-05-2007, 11:49 PM
Actually the Marauder is better. I don't know what you guys are talking about. :P

JonW
03-06-2007, 08:33 AM
Us Marauder guys need to be thankful for all the aftermarket support we have. There is very little for the LX platform cars (300, Charger, Magnum) in the way of performance upgrades. From what I understand, no one has really succeeded in cracking the computer yet, and the fuel supply system is a b**** as well.

Raudermaster
03-06-2007, 08:44 AM
Kind of like that video of that turbo'd Charger right Jon? You had explained in the tuning area that no one has succeeded yet because we were all making fun of the car since it was a peg leg.

94_302
03-06-2007, 08:44 AM
Build a 300c or Hemi Charger with a 4 speed auto transmission, 3.55 rear ratio and 4.6l displacement and see what happens.
:confused:

Why on earth would you do that? Is that so it's "fair" or something? Run what you brung...

magindat
03-06-2007, 08:51 AM
My marauder had
JLT, underdrive crank pulley, DR tune. Smoked a yellow charger over and over and over again at Moroso.

Stock for stock with equal drivers, I'd say about equal.

I have both a 5.7 Hemi Charger and a Marauder, and stock for stock, with comparable drivers, the Hemi is going to win every time. The Marauder is geared lower (3.55 vs. 2.82 for the Charger) and might pull the Charger out of the hole. Also, the 5.7's cannot totally disable the computer system, and it will limit throttle response and wheelspin. On the few occasions that I have been able to start launching the Charger hard, the computer first started applying the ABS, and then started cutting fuel. So the Marauder might have an advantage off the line. But with a better intake and exhaust system, 45 more horsepower, and one more gear, the Charger is going to pull away in short order.

As far as the SRT8 Chargers with the 6.1 Hemi, don't even try. They can totally disable the computer, and they have 425 horses at their disposal.

I kinda thought a lot of my advantage was driver. This explains why he was having so much trouble!

Still, I say not bad after giving away 1.1L or 66 cubes! Even the score with a few mild mods on the 'rauder and we're even if not slightly faster.

At the end of the day, it's still cool to hang at the track with some other big 4-door owners while surrounded by a sea of ricers!

RCSignals
03-06-2007, 12:41 PM
:confused:

Why on earth would you do that? Is that so it's "fair" or something? Run what you brung...

I thought you'd have figured it out. Basing on the first question, it only illustrates the differences from the start, and that despite these differences, the MM holds it's own quite well, where on the surface it probably should be farther behind.

On an even basis, the MM would likely be far ahead.

94_302
03-06-2007, 03:14 PM
So your saying an even basis is making the charger/300c a 4.6 with 3.55 and 4 spd to make it even?

I don't know I say run what you brung and stock for stock a Marauder can not hang with the R/T or 300C given both drivers are competent.

Mopar Boy
03-06-2007, 06:56 PM
<TABLE class=tborder id=post475460 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2></TD><TD noWrap>JonW (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=2808) http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_475460", true); </SCRIPT>
Old Skool
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/ranks/supporter.gif
</TD><TD width="100%"> </TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Sep 2004
Trader: (1 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/itrader.php?u=2808))
Post Feedback (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/itrader_feedback.php?u=2808)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_475460><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- message -->Us Marauder guys need to be thankful for all the aftermarket support we have. There is very little for the LX platform cars (300, Charger, Magnum) in the way of performance upgrades. From what I understand, no one has really succeeded in cracking the computer yet, and the fuel supply system is a b**** as well.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Yea JonW I really dont know of a true, tune for your exact needs tuner, when it comes to a Chrysler vehicle. Im not counting the SuperChips/Hypertech style Programmer that can tune one engine fits all programmers. This is also a problem in the trucks.

The only company I have found that claims to be able to do this for their F.I. is Arizona Speed & Marine. Of course their price for a Vortech Kit for the Hemi is $7600. :bigcry: Just a little out of my pocket!!!

Chysler could help the aftermarket out by releasing a few codes here and there. :censor:

RCSignals
03-06-2007, 11:14 PM
So your saying an even basis is making the charger/300c a 4.6 with 3.55 and 4 spd to make it even?

I don't know I say run what you brung and stock for stock a Marauder can not hang with the R/T or 300C given both drivers are competent.

no not at all

never mind

05GTMach70
03-06-2007, 11:50 PM
Interesting replies. Thanks for the info guys :)