PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance free air filter????????

CRZYBIKER
03-05-2007, 11:13 AM
Went to buy a some oil/filter/air filter for the MM and decided to get an air filter for my wifes 2005 Focus. Looked through the air filter catalogue only to find an N/A under air filter. So I went home and pulled out the owners manual, it said "the air filter equipped on this vehicle is expected to last the lifetime of the vehicle"...wow!!
I looked at the air cleaner box and noticed it almost appears as though it pulls the intake air from iside the cab?????? Anyone know how they can get away with a maintenance/replacement free air cleaner?:dunno:

RR|Suki
03-05-2007, 11:14 AM
Went to buy a some oil/filter/air filter for the MM and decided to get an air filter for my wifes 2005 Focus. Looked through the air filter catalogue only to find an N/A under air filter. So I went home and pulled out the owners manual, it said "the air filter equipped on this vehicle is expected to last the lifetime of the vehicle"...wow!!
I looked at the air cleaner box and noticed it almost appears as though it pulls the intake air from iside the cab?????? Anyone know how they can get away with a maintenance/replacement free air cleaner?:dunno:

is the filter dirty?

Power Surge
03-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Are you sure you're not mistaking it for the cabin air filter??

CRZYBIKER
03-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Definitely sure its not the cabin, followed the hose from the throttle plate all the way to find a glued shut box. This in combination with the statement in the owners manual coincide. Not sure it it is dirty, since it is inaccessible, but she has 60k miles on that air cleaner......so my experience tells me it should be filthy.

RR|Suki
03-05-2007, 11:30 AM
Definitely sure its not the cabin, followed the hose from the throttle plate all the way to find a glued shut box. This in combination with the statement in the owners manual coincide. Not sure it it is dirty, since it is inaccessible, but she has 60k miles on that air cleaner......so my experience tells me it should be filthy.

interesting... and dang your wife drives alot :P

CRZYBIKER
03-05-2007, 11:35 AM
interesting... and dang your wife drives alot :P

Helps keep miles off the MM :banana2: