PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip: Phoenix - Las Vegas - Los Angeles : end of March!!!

JerseyVics
03-05-2007, 11:19 PM
This is about the craziest thing I've ever done.... I am planning a Road Trip at the end of March that would involve a lot of flying, driving and sightseeing.

I already booked my tickets Jet Blue: JFK - PHX Monday 3/26 with return on Saturday 3/31

My plan is to start out in the rental in Phoenix, head up to check out the Grand Canyon for about five minutes and continue on my merry way to Las Vegas to spend the night. The following morning I would love to check out the Shelby museum and meet with a few folks there, perhaps taking a few shots with the Shelby cars for my SVTregistry.com web site... of course after a little time at the strip, and hopefully with some of my money still in my pocket, I will head out to Southern California for the bulk of the duration of the trip.

In Cali I would like to see all the tourist stuff like Beverly Hills, Hollywood, The OC... and perhaps even go down to Mexico just to brag to everyone back on the East Coast that I set foot on foreign soil without traveling too far off the course. I think that should keep me occupied for a good five days. I'll would love to meet up with people along the way, so if you're interested please reply here.

I am taking a much deserved vacation that I worked my ass off to get, but I might mix business with pleasure and do some affiliate recruiting for the limo biz that I'm running in the NYC area. It should be fun!

If anyone has any suggestions please do share!

thanks,
--Russ :banana:

RCSignals
03-06-2007, 12:16 AM
Don't miss Disneyland

Haggis
03-06-2007, 04:05 AM
Stay out of Mexico.

JMan
03-06-2007, 04:37 AM
You need a passport to cross the border. No passport, no crossie! Just a heads-up. Hope you have big fun!

J

mrjones
03-06-2007, 10:13 AM
If you've never been to the Grand Canyon, you may want to allot a little more time. I thought that I wanted to do the 5 minute stop too, until I went there the first time. It's easy to spend an entire day there, and I never get tired of going. If you can swing a night in GCNP in one of the hotels there, you should do it. If not, Williams is a great little town to stay in. PHX to GCNP to LAS Vegas is a LONG day. Plus you'd miss seeing the Hoover Dam in the daylight.

DEFYANT
03-06-2007, 10:19 AM
Take the MM on a Cannonball Run road trip!!

Paul T. Casey
03-06-2007, 10:51 AM
See if my burnouts are still in the truck stop in Gila Bend. Sounds fun, although I think a week in a locked room with your avatar would be a little better.

Paul

P.S. If anyone can do this sort of trip, I know Russ can. I was a part of his 6 state New England in a day trip.

DL04
03-06-2007, 04:39 PM
Thats an awful lot to do in a short time! I just spent 4 days in PHX and didn't do everything I wanted to do,although I did play Grayhawk twice.I think you would be busy if you just did Arizona and Vegas - have fun ,your gonna need a vacation after all that running around!

JerseyVics
03-06-2007, 08:04 PM
See if my burnouts are still in the truck stop in Gila Bend. Sounds fun, although I think a week in a locked room with your avatar would be a little better.

Paul

P.S. If anyone can do this sort of trip, I know Russ can. I was a part of his 6 state New England in a day trip.

Hey Paul!

How the hell have you been? I still owe you and the mrs. a nice diner in NYC area restaurant!!!

Yea this is going to be one hell of a trip. I'm having second thoughts on the Hoover Dam thing... but if time permits I'll do it. For now I'll focus on Shelby and the Strip and the rest would be dedicated to the real purpose of my trip: KALIFORNIA!... I got to visit a few law schools I applied to there, just to see what I'm missing when they send me the rejection letters, lol

--Russ :banana2:

PS. The New England trip Paul mentioned for those that don't know went something like this:

I left my home in NJ bright and earnly... headed up I684 through NY into CT... switched over to I91 until I hit VT for a few minutes, took some local highway straight across into NH, then into MA, took I95 to ME border, snapped a shot with the welcome signs for every state and headed down I95 to meet with Paul in RI... had some clam chowdah at the Two Little Fish restaurant and headed on home on my merry way through CT, NY into NJ again.... all in all, it was a rather quick run! :burnout:

GAMike
03-06-2007, 10:34 PM
Too Funny Russ! Great Story.

Reminds me of my college days in Providence........ Cannon Ball Run's to Long Island where the looser had to buy the beer for the whole weekend, & one particular time After work in the clubs a few of us gathered at my buddies loft, had some drinks and ________(Fill in the blank) My buddy- nickname "Huge" decides that we are going to "Wyoming". You don't argue with Huge either.

So..as strange as this may seem, this guy's family was loaded so not entirely out of the question especially when he was ___________(again)

So we all go down to his car pile in, and proceed to drive to Wyoming, RI and get doughnuts/coffee @ The Dunkin off Rte 95.

going to Wyoming has a whole new meaning to me since then :coolman:

Best regards,

JerseyVics
03-10-2007, 10:22 AM
this is going to be one hell of a trip...

can anyone recommend the most economical places to stay in Southern California (Los Angeles or Orange County area)

--Russ

JerseyVics
04-07-2007, 08:45 PM
I'll post some pix soon, but just wanted to say how much fun I had on this trip!

I put 2,250 miles on my Nissan Maxima rental, went everywhere I wanted to go, saw everything I wanted to see... would love to go back for more!

--Russ ;)

ParkRanger
04-09-2007, 10:00 AM
Dude - I can't stop looking at you avatar! :P Please change it so I can move on.

PR :burnout: