PDA

View Full Version : Holy Snowflake, Batman!

Mike Poore
03-07-2007, 12:36 PM
Our friends at the NWS promised us snow flurries starting ~ 10PM last evening. When I went for a trip to check out the, um, plumbing, at 3AM there was no snow, and when Barb asked, I told her it was all over. Imagine our surprise when the radio came on at 5AM and the school closings were announced.

Long story short, I'm going out to fire up the Gravely and deal with the 8+" of partly cloudy that followed the flurries. :rolleyes:

It's a winter wonderland here, though, and the machine will quickly deal with the work part. We had a nice session in the hot tub, throwing snow balls collected from the porch railings, and the tops of our heads.

The morning coffee never tasted so fine. ....life is good. :D

2ndMDRebel
03-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Our weatherman was calling for flurries to 15" and danged if he wasn't right!!!

vkirkend
03-07-2007, 01:46 PM
Then I won't complain about the 1 - 3" that are supposed to fall today in Delaware...

Bigdogjim
03-07-2007, 02:11 PM
Been driving in since 11PM last night still not back to warehouse yet!!!!

cyclopsram
03-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Was 24 below zero here last night, no wind chill, and have 55 inches of snow on the ground....my winter car... 2000 merc gm with four studded snows gets around well...

ParkRanger
03-07-2007, 03:22 PM
Our friends at the NWS promised us snow flurries starting ~ 10PM last evening. When I went for a trip to check out the, um, plumbing, at 3AM there was no snow, and when Barb asked, I told her it was all over. Imagine our surprise when the radio came on at 5AM and the school closings were announced.

Long story short, I'm going out to fire up the Gravely and deal with the 8+" of partly cloudy that followed the flurries. :rolleyes:

It's a winter wonderland here, though, and the machine will quickly deal with the work part. We had a nice session in the hot tub, throwing snow balls collected from the porch railings, and the tops of our heads.

The morning coffee never tasted so fine. ....life is good. :D

Dayam, I'm sitting here at 73 degrees wishing I was there?? What's up with that? :confused:

PR :burnout:

Mike Poore
03-07-2007, 03:31 PM
Dayam, I'm sitting here at 73 degrees wishing I was there?? What's up with that? :confused:

PR :burnout:

It's the hot tub, Ranger, and my Barbie Now add the snow flakes and coffee ........doesn't get any better'n that. :cloud9:

rayjay
03-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Its been snowing here almost daily now for 7 weeks. 3-6" per day unless there is a storm, such as Valentines day which dropped 24" plus another 12" of lake effect the next day. Kids were out of school for three days. We are giving back vacation now as we are out of snow days. I can not let my dog out in his run because he can walk over the 6 foot tall fencing. Last week I was shoveling the roofs. I hear a noise and its Otto the Rotto who just walked up on the roof from the side of the garage... Buried in the snowbelt...