PDA

View Full Version : Earthquake

pantheroc
03-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Just had a 3.6 earthquake SE of Cleveland. Scared me and the Mrs.
I first thought it was loud thunder, but it didn't have the normal before sound, then I thought the furnace squirrel cage fan let loose or explosion nearby, but sounds/vibrations didn't add up to anything I was familiar with. The house sounded almost like a truck was being driven through the other side. Earthquake was the last thing I thought. Called my bro on other side of town and he felt it too.

Did some searching and found out:
http://neic.usgs.gov/neis/last_event_states/states_ohio.html

It may have been a wimpy one (not sure?), it was just weird when you haven't experienced it. I'm sure some of you get a few of these throughout the year in some areas. In these parts, I'll chalk it up along with lightning and thunder in a heavy snow storm.

dwasson
03-12-2007, 07:21 PM
Are you sure that it wasn't a meth lab exploding?

MarauderTJA
03-12-2007, 07:28 PM
Maybe your Marauder was tired of the cold weather and was just growling and demanding a S/C :D .

Motorhead350
03-12-2007, 07:37 PM
haha you guys are funny. Glad your ok though. Lots of earthquakes happen everyday, but most are too weak to notice. You or I could be in one right now.

mpearce
03-12-2007, 10:34 PM
Are you sure that it wasn't a meth lab exploding?

Hey Hey...cheap shot. Considering we get all of your snow all winter. Cleveland is going through a revival. :D

Gotta love it...I go away to Hawaii for 2 weeks, and look what I miss.

I just can't win.

-Mat

Big Time
03-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Lots of quakes here, since the big faultline is only a few miles from me. You get used to them. You can't feel them at all when you're driving.