PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket seat covers....

AstroVic
03-14-2007, 07:44 PM
I'm interested in buying some aftermarket seat covers. These would be for my Chevy Impala (and possibly a set for the wife's Dodge Charger).

I normally don't care for aftermarket seat covers but I really need something durable for the Impala since police duty belts tend to tear up civilian-style seat material pretty quickly. I want my interior to stay in good condition so the car is still a nice car when I pass it down to my daughter in five or six years. (My wife thinks she wants/needs seat covers for her Charger, but I think she's just on the buy-all-the-accessories-you-can-find-for-your-new-car bandwagon.)

I want something durable, but also something that looks and fits well, such that it doesn't give that cheesy aftermarket appearance. Hopefully it'll be hard to tell the seat covers are there.

Anyhow have any opinions or personal experience with aftermarket seat covers? Which brands are best? Which material works best?

Thanks in advance!

Sharky
03-14-2007, 07:54 PM
I don't have any experience with their seat covers, but AutoSport (http://www.autosportcatalog.com/) has a pretty good selection of them. You might want to check them out.

I'm very happy with the berber floor mats I bought from them, they are well made and seem to be holding up well.

wchain
03-14-2007, 08:50 PM
Wet Okole?
http://wetokole.net/page/WOH/PROD/CHEV/CHEVYF

RCSignals
03-14-2007, 09:56 PM
catzskin?

Take a look in a JCWhitney catalog, not necessarily to buy from them, but they used to have a wide selection of seat covers. You can pick out manufacturers names and investigate from there.

High quality seat covers though can be as expensive as having an upholsterer make some up for you. If you have some made you have a larger choice of durable materials.

Zack
03-15-2007, 06:13 AM
Why are you buying seat covers for the wife you're divorcing???

2003 MIB
03-15-2007, 06:24 AM
Why are you buying seat covers for the wife you're divorcing???

+1. Working stuff out? Good!

magindat
03-15-2007, 06:37 AM
Beware of seat mounted side airbags. I honestly don't know either of the cars you mentioned, but if the airbag deploys from the seat bolster (like ours), then don't put a seat cover on it.