PDA

View Full Version : GPS My New Toy

chapel1
03-15-2007, 05:14 PM
My wife just got me a Garmin SteetPilot c530 for my birthday. It's very easy to use and comes all ready to use in the box. I'm busy loading Kentucky stuff in it now. So we'll be ready for our trip. I also added Buffalo Trace as a favorite in case we get close enough to see old Elmer and his friends.
Next month were planning a road trip to Charleston S.C. to visit our son who is a firefighter in the boonies down there. So this is going to complete the Marauder equipment list.
What else is nice is that the GPS is portable and I can move it from car to car. Oh yeah we could take the wife's car,but this is a road trip and Comfort and being able to relax and have fun in a big car is going to be far more important than the price of fuel.

KillJoy
03-15-2007, 05:17 PM
Congrats on the new Doo-Dad!

Horse Cave will be a good test!! :D

KillJoy

SpruceGreen'03
03-16-2007, 05:22 AM
I've got the Garmin Streetpilot c330, and it is a very handy tool to have when in unfamiliar territory. Extremely accurate.

I've even used it on Fire/EMS calls, just to see how well it works on finding house numbers.

SID210SA
03-16-2007, 05:33 AM
I borrowed Wes's Garmin when I went to Lufkin, it was extremly useful and now eventually I will get one....

fastblackmerc
03-16-2007, 06:38 AM
I have a Navman F20, 3.5" touch screen & portable, a nice small unit.