Mike
03-17-2007, 04:25 PM
Don't they have anything better to do??

jgc61sr2002
03-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Some are good, most are:bs: :D

SID210SA
03-18-2007, 06:07 AM
So for instance....if they ban the brush/grille guards in N.Y. does that mean that police and tow vehicles cant have them either?

Eric91Z
03-18-2007, 06:25 AM
There is some stupid stuff on there. Iowa has a couple of dumb ones - bill to ban HID headlights? What a CROCK!! I think the dealers might have something to say about that one since cars come from the factory that way now.

And the Hawaii one to ban any aftermarket exhaust? What's up with that.

SMOKE
03-18-2007, 09:40 AM
Really good post, awesome link. I can't believe what some of our elected officials keep themselves busy with...

JWM

jgc61sr2002
03-18-2007, 11:23 AM
So for instance....if they ban the brush/grille guards in N.Y. does that mean that police and tow vehicles cant have them either?

They would be exempt.:)

murphypeople
03-18-2007, 07:55 PM
Its all part of the coming/evolving "police state." CDS with out the proper papers not even in your own backyard. Oh ya I forgot...no such thing as private property rights. Gives the police a bad name. The problem is the legislature not the police.

Blue03
03-18-2007, 08:58 PM
Good post! Thanks for the link! I printed out the Tint laws and found the Excel version came out a lot clearer than the pdf version for some reason. I also found the Legislative updates useful as well. Looks like Washington state doesn't have too many wacky things pending. I believe the one about securing audio equipment resulted after a passenger fatality a year or so ago. A couple of large unsecured rear speakers launched in a wreck. The laws of physics don't need legislation but I guess common sense does...:rolleyes:

Mike Poore
03-19-2007, 07:20 AM
Big news item in the local papers is about a Maryland legislator who proffered a bill outlawing "obscene" things hanging from trailer hitches. Some of the locals had fake bull nuts hanging on 'em; but since the proposed law, sales of the stupid things has skyrocketed.

Tasteless, yes, but how do you legislate taste? The bill has since been withdrawn, after the fusillade of sarcastic letters to the editor, but once again, too late, since the bull has already busted out of the corral. :D

Haggis
03-19-2007, 07:56 AM
Big news item in the local papers is about a Maryland legislator who proffered a bill outlawing "obscene" things hanging from trailer hitches. Some of the locals had fake bull nuts hanging on 'em; but since the proposed law, sales of the stupid things has skyrocketed.

Tasteless, yes, but how do you legislate taste? The bill has since been withdrawn, after the fusillade of sarcastic letters to the editor, but once again, too late, since the bull has already busted out of the corral. :D

This is for you Mike.