PDA

View Full Version : MM almost hits Slowpoke

Slowpoke
06-19-2003, 10:20 AM
I am standing at TF Green airport (Providence, RI) yesterday roughly 3:00 pm local time and I spot a sleek MM unloading some passengers. Forget the fact I am in a hurry to catch a plane, forget the fact I hadn't eaten lunch, forget the fact I spent 5 hours in a hot meeting room deciding the fate of the world....

I try to flag this person down to talk to him. He drives right past me (he probably thought that I thought he was a limo or taxi service). He saw me and gave me some kind a weird 'wave' like I was selling vacuum cleaners door-to-door, or collecting money for people who can't afford a Reinhart Chip. I got as close to standing in the middle of the drop-off lane as possible. I don't want to be roadkill before I can hear my newborn say "drive faster daddy"

He didn't know it was ME - Slowpoke - the father of Jett - the husband of Mrs. Poke. Heck, I was even wearing a suit! [quite possibly the suit would have thrown him off guard if he had known me.]

We need to find out who this person is!

Marauder57
06-19-2003, 10:35 AM
Ah good ole' TF Green airport....spent many times there going back and forth from college to home.....hopefully the airport has grown from the 12 gates it used to have....

But I digress.......

Maybe you should wear a shirt that says...."I am the Poke"...or "It's me Poke"...."Honk if you want the Poke"..."Do the Hokey Pokey"...or "PokEmon"

Or you could just yell...."What is your malfunction????"

Note to self: Stop posting at work.....

LCpl Retired
06-19-2003, 12:23 PM
It wasn't me!!

I would have stopped...!!

hmmm...wonder if it was my wife....sure it wasn't a chick on a (hands free) phone...?

only one I have seen in this area to date is the one that gets off on the Foxboro exit off 95 with the rockfordford.com sticker on it...2x now..

was going to go down to the Misaquiment (sp..whatever) car show this pm, but it does not look like the weather will cooperate.

Bigdogjim
06-19-2003, 12:27 PM
Hey Poke, Did you not have one of your own cards???

:lol: :lol:

Slowpoke
06-19-2003, 12:57 PM
I didn't have the cards with me. But that does not matter because the guy did NOT stop!

I guess I coulda flung one at his winshield while he passed me.

next time I will toss my luggage on their hood and see if that gets them to stop.

jefferson-mo
06-19-2003, 01:32 PM
How dare he not recognoize THEE father of the Jett!..........:uzi:

maybe you're better off.................:lol: :lol:

martyo
06-19-2003, 02:03 PM
Damn, you mean I missed you??? I need to improve my aim!!! :lol:

Paul T. Casey
06-19-2003, 02:30 PM
Wasn't me either, I'm such a proud papa of the MM I always stop to chat about it, even when the other person don't!! They saay the Misquamicut show is postponned, I'll check in a few.

RCSignals
06-19-2003, 10:37 PM
Well, it wasn't me :)