PDA

View Full Version : Houses cheaper than cars?????

MERCMAN
03-20-2007, 05:18 AM
Anyone want to move to Detroit?????

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070319/ts_nm/usa_subprime_detroit_dc

KillJoy
03-20-2007, 05:25 AM

Uhhhh....No.

It also stands as a case study in the economic pain from a housing bust as analysts consider whether a developing crisis in mortgages to high-risk borrowers will trigger a slowdown in the broader U.S. economy.

This is happening EVERYWHERE, not just in Detroit!

KillJoy

Bluerauder
03-20-2007, 06:08 AM

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070319/ts_nm/usa_subprime_detroit_dc
Might be a great investment ..... :dunno:

Something similar happened in Baltimore back in the mid-1970's. The entire area around the harbor and the South Baltimore area was completely run down. In fact, some of the houses were taken over by the city and offered for just $1.00. The catch was that you had to live there and renovate the property. Those houses are sitting on prime real estate today right in the heart of the revitalized Harbor Place within walking distance of the National Aquarium, Maryland Science Museum, Camden Yards, Ravens Stadium and some of the best food and entertainment venues on the east coast. Some of those places go for $500K to over $1 Million.

Not a bad return on a buck. :D

Visitors to Maraudeville V will have a chance to see Baltimore and Harbor Place first hand as we "cruise" the harbor on the Bay Lady or Lady Baltimore. Come on down. :up:

O's Fan Rich
03-20-2007, 06:41 AM
The term "House of Cards" aptly describes our financial system.

Bigdogjim
03-20-2007, 07:01 AM
Please no HOUSE threads..............:rofl:

Morrisville, Pa. is worst then Detroit.

RCSignals
03-20-2007, 11:12 AM
i just read that the Downtown Eastside of Vancouver BC is the poorest most run down in North America.
I find it hard to believe, but there you go

Dr Caleb
03-20-2007, 11:31 AM
i just read that the Downtown Eastside of Vancouver BC is the poorest most run down in North America.

Yea, I don't buy that ethier. East Hastings is a desperate place, but compared to places like Tijiuana?

96DiamondVIII
03-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Might be a great investment ..... :dunno:

Something similar happened in Baltimore back in the mid-1970's. The entire area around the harbor and the South Baltimore area was completely run down. In fact, some of the houses were taken over by the city and offered for just $1.00. The catch was that you had to live there and renovate the property. Those houses are sitting on prime real estate today right in the heart of the revitalized Harbor Place within walking distance of the National Aquarium, Maryland Science Museum, Camden Yards, Ravens Stadium and some of the best food and entertainment venues on the east coast. Some of those places go for $500K to over $1 Million.

Apparently that's still the case in parts of Baltimore...a friend of mine bought a row house near Camden Yards in 2004 for around $120K and now it's worth well over $200K and still going up...not exactly a $500K return on 1.00 but still quite the deal.

chader
03-20-2007, 12:20 PM
POOREST MOST RUN DOWN COMPARED TO WHAT...WHAT WERE YOU READING?THE ECONOMY IN BC AND ALBERTA IS OUT OF CONTROL...MAYBE THERE IS LOTS OF SCUM DOWN THERE BECAUSE OF THE HIGH ECONOMY AND PEOPLE CON'T AFFORD TO BUY A HOUSE?????

RCSignals
03-20-2007, 01:50 PM
POOREST MOST RUN DOWN COMPARED TO WHAT...WHAT WERE YOU READING?THE ECONOMY IN BC AND ALBERTA IS OUT OF CONTROL...MAYBE THERE IS LOTS OF SCUM DOWN THERE BECAUSE OF THE HIGH ECONOMY AND PEOPLE CON'T AFFORD TO BUY A HOUSE?????

Read it in the Globe and Mail and other Canadian sources.

RUSTY
03-20-2007, 06:04 PM

I was there last summer after a nine year absence and i could not believe how run down that part of town has become. however the rest of Vancouver is booming.