PDA

View Full Version : Help Me PLEASE !

Dragcity
03-22-2007, 04:43 PM
My Wifes Mighty Sable is down.....

And she has to drive My Marauder... To the Mall:bigcry:

Seriously:

I do need help from our resident Ford, Linicoln, Mercury Techs.

2002 Sable was parked in the driveway, Wife hears a loud metallic BOING and has no clue what it is. Gets in the car an hour later, puts it in reverse and the driver side front tire goes flat.

I come home to a really low riding Sable. Front spring broke.

Here is the kicker... Car has been out of warranty since March 2006. Has only 34,000 miles on it. Is there any way I am gonna' get help from Ford????

This is a job I am apparently unable to do myself due to the spring/strut design. Oh Damn!

Pleas help, my Wife just peeled out of the driveway in my Marauder...

RoyLPita
03-22-2007, 05:35 PM
PM me the VIN, please.

Marauderman
03-22-2007, 05:48 PM
I believe the problem was described---as a "Sablel"----I rest my case----nothing more your honor---sorry for your lost!!

fastblackmerc
03-22-2007, 06:26 PM
you can usually get a strut assembly for a junk yard... or the more politically correct "recycle" yard. Then you either install it yourself or have your local mechanic do it. Should be pretty easy since you won't have to disassemble the strut assembly. You should get it aligned after it's replaced.

Dragcity
03-22-2007, 06:39 PM
Spoke to my Big Brother and he said I could do the job with the right spring compressor. I am just hoping Ford will step up. They clearly had "Spring Fracture" problems in the Northeastern States. Too bad the 2002's weren't included in the 200-2001 recall.

My search yielded many dissatisfied customers, it's a common problem. I might add, a bit dangerous from a highway speed perpective...

Master
03-22-2007, 07:19 PM
Contours had this problem as well and there was a service bulletin for them depending on year and model as I recall. Check on SBs since they don't tend to notify you for these issues like they would a recall.

RCSignals
03-22-2007, 08:12 PM
Just where does your wife drive that Sable?

I hope she doesn't take your Marauder over he same route! :eek:

RoyLPita
03-23-2007, 04:24 AM
You have a PM.

Dragcity
03-23-2007, 06:04 AM
I was a nice guy and drove my Wife to work this morning.

Dragcity
03-24-2007, 08:56 PM
Job Done!

Took it to my selling dealer. Said they would call to see what Ford would do. Said he would call me back with the results.

2 hours later, dealer said the car was done. Hooked me up with two new springs installed, new tire for $165.00

Worked for me. Should ahve been a total recall in my opinion, but I will take the deal I got. Dealer did a good job, and fast.... And I didn't get dirty....

Keep a close eye on your older Sables and Taurus'.

I think I'll do the rear springs this Summer.

03SILVERSTREAK
03-24-2007, 09:13 PM
1999 Taurus 124,597 and no problems

RCSignals
03-24-2007, 10:24 PM
Job Done!

Took it to my selling dealer. Said they would call to see what Ford would do. Said he would call me back with the results.

2 hours later, dealer said the car was done. Hooked me up with two new springs installed, new tire for $165.00

Worked for me. Should ahve been a total recall in my opinion, but I will take the deal I got. Dealer did a good job, and fast.... And I didn't get dirty....

Keep a close eye on your older Sables and Taurus'.

I think I'll do the rear springs this Summer.

at least they took care of it.