PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Ky., Safe home!

Bigdogjim
03-25-2007, 05:56 AM
TO all our members and friends attending the Regional meet in Horse Cave, Ky. Blue sky's and dry roads on your trip home!
Check in and be safe:coolman:

MM2004
03-25-2007, 11:21 AM
TO all our members and friends attending the Regional meet in Horse Cave, Ky. Blue sky's and dry roads on your trip home!
Check in and be safe:coolman:

I most likely had the shortest trip out of all the members that attended. :burnout:

Weather is excellent down here, turning the A/C on after a few miles on the road.

Everyone drive safe. And as BDJ said,...

Check in once settled in at home.

Mike.

MM03MOK
03-25-2007, 04:38 PM
RF and Bunny have arrived home safe and sound. Arrived home to 35º temps. 80º in KY was wonderful!!

What a wonderful weekend!! Thank you Mike and Dan for putting together another memorable event.

2nd Annual Kentucky Meet - a sure sign of Spring!!!

FastMerc
03-25-2007, 04:47 PM
It was great to see everyone again,weather was great everything we did was great.I had a blast,only wish my car was attended also.Next time :D

KillJoy
03-25-2007, 05:13 PM
I rolled in about 4:30 EST. No troubles at all...wish I would say the same for everyone in our convoy :rolleyes: Damn gators!!!

:up: on the planning guys..... but next time...NAVIGATION!!! ;)

KillJoy

Mike
03-25-2007, 05:26 PM
:up: Home safe, sound & TIRED!

Thanks to all who set ALL of this up :bows:

MM2004
03-25-2007, 05:29 PM
I rolled in about 4:30 EST. No troubles at all...wish I would say the same for everyone in our convoy :rolleyes: Damn gators!!!

:up: on the planning guys..... but next time...NAVIGATION!!! ;)

KillJoy

We navigated all of the "U" turns quite well! IMHO :P

Mike. :D

KillJoy
03-25-2007, 05:32 PM
We navigated all of the "U" turns quite well! IMHO :P

Mike. :D

HAHA!!!

U-Turns..... FTW!!!

:D

KillJoy

Leadfoot281
03-26-2007, 12:22 AM
Just wheeled back into "Bootwash" Minnesota about 11pm.

What an epic battle of shear endurance it was.

....and in the blue corner; Time and distance. In the red corner; wearing silver birch metallic, the defending champion, Mercury Marauder!

After 12 hours, the winner by knock out, was Mercury Marauder piloted by John "Leadfoot" Twoeightyone. :banana2:

Aside from my epic drive, getting lost in Indianapolis (I think it was Indy?) getting "turned around" in Gary Indiana, a whole lot of horrible gas station bathrooms and even worse coffee, it was AWESOME!

My best memories of the trip?

An unforgetable meatloaf sandwich.

Some snoring that put me to sleep faster than my usual on-all-night TV.

Cave crickets.

Breaking the seal on a "new" bottle of Mothers Clear coat wheel polish.

Hearing the tour guide at the Vette museum tell me that they quit selling Mustang hats because "they just weren't working".

Finally meeting Rodney Dangerfeild.

Hearing people mispronounce the word 'creek' over and over.

Hack Goby
03-26-2007, 03:27 AM
I got in at a little past 9:00 having to go up a little more north and drop off Michelle.She wanted me to let everyone know she had a wonderfull time and she will spend all your money wisely.It`s always a good time with this bunch.To the planners a big "Thank you" Way to many highlites to list.This was a great start for the upcomming year.

Zack
03-26-2007, 04:49 AM
I got home safe, but Im sure no one cares.

MM03MOK
03-26-2007, 04:55 AM
:lovies2:

What about Becky!!

:D

MM2004
03-26-2007, 07:27 AM

Correct.

Is Becky safe and sound?

Mike.

Pops
03-26-2007, 07:41 AM
Zack it was good to meet you. I do not think you quite live up to your rap sheet in person. I made it home about 2 PM and had no problems. What a great trip and thanks to everyone who made this event possible.

Haggis
03-27-2007, 08:31 AM
Rolled in to the ol' homestead around 4pm on Monday, no issues to report. Saw a black Marauder on route 40 in Tennesse heading west about 2-3pm east of Nashville. Made 5 Harley stops on the trip to add to my collection and thanks again Mary for the Cape Cod shot glass.

The traffic heading south out of Bristol Sunday evening was a parking lot in places no problems going north.

To Mike and Dan thanks for making another great meet come together. Next year can we have it in April so the trees will have some leaves on them.

Speaking of drinking, Mark do you feel better today?

Leadfoot good to finally meet you and you definitely need to make more meets, I need to remember that Pringles can trick. It was good to see eveyone again, oh and Zack you bum you got my wake up call on Saturday at 7:30am. Did Becky make it home safe?

Bigdog you missed the Tullamore Dew and the Leprechauns.

Gary and Gail it was good seeing you two again and it was nice meeting Bruce and Ellen.

Barry, Jessica and Gage it you guys are family and we miss you. Bob, Ken, Paul, Steve (Embassy) Weymoth, Dennis, Shelia, Tim it is always a pleasure. Stevo well what can I say, at least your eyebrows grew back.

Mike and Dominic and John and any I forget it was great meeting you all.

CRUZTAKER
03-27-2007, 04:33 PM
Jessica, Gage, and I made it home safely. As some of you know, the Marauder did not fair as well. :(

Statefarm is replacing the grill, painting the bumper, repairing and painting the hood, and replacing the windshield. It is amazing how much damage several 5lb pieces of semi truck retread (one in particular) can do at a 70+ mph impact.

It was nice to see and party with old friends. I'll have to do it again sometime. ;)

Gage says :lol:

BTW: Zack, I hope you are willing to do one more badgless grill. I think I am ready.

Bluerauder
03-27-2007, 04:52 PM
Jessica, Gage, and I made it home safely. As some of you know, the Marauder did not fair as well. :(

Statefarm is replacing the grill, painting the bumper, repairing and painting the hood, and replacing the windshield. It is amazing how much damage several 5lb pieces of semi truck retread (one in particular) can do at a 70+ mph impact.

Glad to hear that you and the family are safe. Sorry to hear about your MM damage. I always worry about those truck recaps coming off ahead of me on the highway. Huge hazards. Sounds like yours is repairable. :up:

MM2004
03-27-2007, 05:03 PM

It was nice to see and party with old friends. I'll have to do it again sometime. ;)

BTW: Zack, I hope you are willing to do one more badgless grill. I think I am ready.

Barry,

I did not know this.

Glad you Gage and Jessica are OK.

Good seeing you guys again. Keep us posted, Ok?

Mike.

Mike
03-27-2007, 05:44 PM
I was surprised to see the amount for shredded tires EVERY WHERE!! Both on the way to KY and back home. Glad damage was on the "minimal" side and that none of the three of you were hurt. Nice to meet the rest of the family Berry!!:D

Zack
03-27-2007, 05:59 PM

Make sure to keep any useable bars on the damaged grill. (3 to the left and right of the badge)

Making the grill is no problem.
Ill give you the buddy price!

I might have a badge with Gods head in it at my Moms.
ill check tomorrow.

Zack
03-27-2007, 06:00 PM
Zack it was good to meet you. I do not think you quite live up to your rap sheet in person. I made it home about 2 PM and had no problems. What a great trip and thanks to everyone who made this event possible.

Possibly the biggest compliment ive ever recieved. ;)

Ladyhawke
03-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Barry, sorry to hear about the damage to your Marauder. At least your insurance is covering it. Glad you guys are okay!

KillJoy
03-27-2007, 06:10 PM
B - I'm glad you are FINALLY getting that Windshield repaired. Sorry about that... :(

As for the rest.....better you than me!!!! :D

And uh....70+..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! :rofl:

Yup :D

KillJoy

Embassy
04-01-2007, 06:56 AM
So where are all of the pictures?

CRUZTAKER
04-01-2007, 11:25 AM
Make sure to keep any useable bars on the damaged grill. (3 to the left and right of the badge)

Making the grill is no problem.
Ill give you the buddy price!

I might have a badge with Gods head in it at my Moms.
ill check tomorrow.

As far as my grill, the 3 to the left disintigrated on impact. Two additional snapped off. All others to the left remain, and all to right remain.

Perhaps a gods head badge replacement would work if you can find it. ;)

Motorhead350
04-01-2007, 11:53 AM
If it makes you feel any better Berry some truck backed into my Marauder the day before the race track opened and smashed my grille and the track was rained out 2 days in a row! I was happy to meet everyone it was a gas. Maybe next time I will go in circles around the bus turn around in front of the Corvette place for than 3 times... I was told 25 times for a $100... I got shut down. :( Thanks for everything guys and girls. Sorry I didn't responf earlier, my computer has an S.T.D.

chapel1
04-01-2007, 12:35 PM
[QUOTE=CRUZTAKER;482086]Jessica, Gage, and I made it home safely. As some of you know, the Marauder did not fair as well. :(

Wow!!
Gail and I are glad your all OK!!!
Jessica said she was going to keep an eye on you driving home. You just can't be to careful out there.
We've all been very fortunate on our Marauder Runs.. Best of Luck and best wishes to ALL..