PDA

View Full Version : MMs in TV & Film

Mebot
03-28-2007, 01:19 PM
Has anyone spied any Marauders in television shows or films? I know as a car and Mercury fanatic, I always keep an eye out for classic muscle cars in films and TV shows. They're usually in the background or off to the side, but you can still pick 'em out.

I know Mustangs and CVs are a dime a dozen (especially for the action films where many CV police cars get totaled), so I always keep a lookout for Cougars (case in point, 1968 Mercury Cougar in Dusk before Dawn and a Red 1968 Cougar you can see briefly in Heat with Al Pacino).

But since this is a Marauder forum, I've been wondering if anyone has seen our beloved Marauders in any movies or TV show. List them here and we'll try to keep this thread updated with any sightings.

Sully008
03-28-2007, 02:47 PM
The only one that I know of is an episode of Alias called "The Getaway". The Marauder was being chased by a pair of Chevy SUVs. It's on the 'net here somewhere.

Marauder386
03-28-2007, 03:17 PM
Closest I saw recently was a film called "Hard Times"...main character drove a CV, black in color, with the sport package ( chrome shifter, center console )...but then in some scenes it was an on the column....Bahhhh !

:cool:

RoyLPita
03-28-2007, 03:18 PM
There was an episode of West Wing where the president's youngest daughter gets out of a MM. You can here the engine idling and see the right rear wheel.

mrjones
03-28-2007, 04:03 PM
All right, where's all you SCIFI guys. Best one is on Stargate SG1, the episode where Teal'c tries to live in an apartment outside of Cheyenne Mtn. The bad guys are following him in a Marauder. Season 8

Episode 7 - Affinity screenplay
Original Air Date: August 20, 2004
Teal'c finds himself in the middle of a dangerous dispute when he moves into an apartment off-base. Carter considers her future with Pete.

ROB502
03-28-2007, 04:09 PM
On Alias, it is in a chase scene with Sidney Bristo at the wheel (around season 5)..:banana2: :bows:

MENINBLK
03-28-2007, 07:54 PM
There was a Television show about 2 years ago called "Touching Evil".
A Black Marauder was driven by the star.

I haven't seent he show released on DVD yet...
It was around for 2 seasons...

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8986

dwasson
03-29-2007, 03:52 AM
There was a Television show about 2 years ago called "Touching Evil".
A Black Marauder was driven by the star.

The star's Marauder got a bit of sceen time in that series. There was one scene where he was washing the car.

Gemmdiver
03-29-2007, 05:17 AM
I saw one of our MM's on "Monk" The head detective was driving it

SID210SA
03-29-2007, 06:12 AM
The only one that I know of is an episode of Alias called "The Getaway". The Marauder was being chased by a pair of Chevy SUVs. It's on the 'net here somewhere.

Its on Magindat's site.....

FastMerc
03-29-2007, 05:29 PM
There is a show on SPEED called two guys garage the one host drove a Marauder,It was parked in front of the garage. It would be cool to get all the shows recorded. I read in a Ford magazine that a new movie of Hawaii 5 0 was to be done and Steve Magarett was to drive a Marauder Black ofcourse.

finster101
03-30-2007, 05:06 AM
Saw One A Long Time Ago On X-files

mrjones
03-30-2007, 06:56 AM
Saw One A Long Time Ago On X-files

The final episode aired 19 May 2002. There weren't a whole lot of Marauders built before then. I wonder if it was a prototype or something special?

Badger
03-30-2007, 08:26 AM
I saw one on the news the other night. They were following a story on a group of people who were targeting LEO in the DC area by following them home. They caught one guy, who then escaped and was subsequently recaptured at a hospital meeting up with his partner in crime. They panned across the parking lot and there sat a MM! Wonder if the duo were using the MM?