PDA

View Full Version : Bbt Sho!

Raudermaster
04-03-2007, 10:11 AM
That's right, there is a website dedicated to the "new" concept version of the SHO. See my sig. Perhaps we could setup a poll? Admins? So, if it were released, and perhaps had the same styling as the one in my sig, would you buy one? I'm too young right now to have another car payment, and my Dad adores his truck, but my Mom may be in the market for a new vehicle in a few years, and if this is leased by '09 or so, I may talk her into buying one. She's had a few Taurus' and she loved them. What do you all think? I think if they released this again, it may actually help Ford out.

magindat
04-03-2007, 10:23 AM
Siggy no worky.

Master
04-03-2007, 10:46 AM
THe original SHO looked mean and fast. These 500's don't even remotely do it for me. Too tippy looking to every be a real sports sedan. Besides, can you imagine Ford ever putting a manual in a sedan ever again??? Losers :(

Raudermaster
04-03-2007, 11:04 AM
Just type it in Rich. I didn't get it to link. Wouldn't you agree the rims resemble MM rims? I think they look good.
http://www.gigafiles.co.uk/files/828/c1.bmp
http://www.gigafiles.co.uk/files/828/i1.bmp

ckadiddle
04-03-2007, 01:32 PM
Looks like Mini-Rauder. heh heh Would Dr. Evil drive one? That is the question.

Raudermaster
04-03-2007, 02:24 PM
So, how many of you would buy one? If not, why? What would you change about it for you to buy one?

supa_carrot
04-03-2007, 02:28 PM
I'd possibly buy one, but it would have to be later on down the road. But, it would have to have either rwd or atleast awd, and the turbo v-6. I think it would definatley be bad, with a turbo v-6 with 400+ horsepower.

Marauderjack
04-03-2007, 02:40 PM
RWD and V8 only for me!!!:rolleyes:

Bigdogjim
04-03-2007, 05:35 PM
What he said^^^^^^^^^^^

supa_carrot
04-03-2007, 05:44 PM
RWD and V8 only for me!!!:rolleyes:

Well, on the website, in the inital post, it says the V-8 engine is small (4.4L) and makes 100 less horsepower and 75 less ftlbs. than the turbo V-6. Now, with those numbers, its not hard for me to decide that I'd rather have the V-6, although I know you could put a blower on the V-8.

Raudermaster
04-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Think of the weight too though. It still will be less than our cars. And, AWD is in the future for the next gen Taurus too. Mount that to a 5 or 6 spd and you have yourself a fun, great sleeper.

sabtaj1
04-03-2007, 06:23 PM
I like it.

Master
04-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Wouldn't mind fwd, personally, since most of my racing experience is in them anyway. Just won't put up with another anemic auto-sheep dressed up as a wolf.

Power Surge
04-04-2007, 07:23 AM
As a former owner of a rare 91 SHO Plus, I would love to see the SHO come back to the market. My SHO was one of my favorate cars.

But, the car would have to be built along the lines of the Gen 1 SHO... all about performance. The Gen 2s were nice too, but they picked up some weight and performance was not as good. The Gen 3s were a joke, even with the V8 in them, they could barely rip off a grandpa driving 16 second 1/4 mile. Even stock 6 banger run of the mill imports are knocking on the 13 second door.

The problem is that Ford just won't put that kind of performance combo into a new car. I have no idea what their problem is. Every other manufacturer is sticking their hottest motor in everything they make, yet Ford doesn't seem interested in making anything fast other than the Mustang.

Also, and the owner of a 500, I think it's too big to use for a new SHO platform. The Fusion would probably be a better choice. A nice 300-350hp turbo 6 cyl AWD Fusion SHO would ROCK.

Raudermaster
04-04-2007, 08:00 AM
My understanding is that it's going to be a 500 platform, but "re-vamped" to ditch some weight. I think Ford is pissing everyone off with not building what consumer's would like to see. It wouldn't surprise me within the next few years when you see Ford kill off some of their cars and just concentrate on Trucks and SUV's.

dreydin
04-04-2007, 08:58 AM
looks nice! :burn:

Raudermaster
04-04-2007, 09:14 AM
Oh yea, BTW Sal, you had a Plus?! My understanding that the Plus' had "minor" cosmetic differences? Like for example didn't a few of the Plus' have either fiberglass or CF? I can't remember what else they had.

Power Surge
04-04-2007, 10:05 AM
Oh yea, BTW Sal, you had a Plus?! My understanding that the Plus' had "minor" cosmetic differences? Like for example didn't a few of the Plus' have either fiberglass or CF? I can't remember what else they had.

The plus was basically a 91 car with some of the upcoming 92 styling cue changes.

The Plus had body color mirrors and molding stripe, body color Taurus trunk badging, 24V front fender emblems, and the Power Bulge plastic hood (some non-Plus models got that hood too). There was also an optional spoiler on the Plus, but VERY few cars got it.

Here's a pic of my Plus...

http://members.aol.com/teampowersurge/sho2.jpg

Raudermaster
04-04-2007, 10:17 AM
That looked nice. Why did you sell it? Was it stock?

Power Surge
04-04-2007, 10:21 AM
That looked nice. Why did you sell it? Was it stock?

Was bone stock, down to the paper air filter. Ran 14.92 at the track.

I sold it because I really didn't have a use for it. I bought it for my wife, but she didn't want to be bothered with driving a stick. I kept it for myself for about a year, then sold it to a customer of mine in IL.

Raudermaster
04-04-2007, 10:26 AM
Man, that stinks. Do you wish you still had it? How many miles were on it?

Power Surge
04-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Man, that stinks. Do you wish you still had it? How many miles were on it?

I do wish I still had it, for a daily driver. It was one of the most fun and comfortable cars I'd ever owned. It would easily peg the factory 140mph speedo. The car had 140k when I sold it. The SHO V6 motors would easily go 300k miles with routine maintenance.

The only downside to SHOs is they are VERY high maintenance. And they aren't cheap when parts go bad.

Raudermaster
04-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Tell me about it. I'm still going through the headache of mine now when it's actually almost done. Of course, it doesn't help when the previous owner was a complete and utter idiot and a hackjob.

1stMerc
04-04-2007, 08:32 PM
So, how many of you would buy one? If not, why? What would you change about it for you to buy one?

I'd buy one if it ws lowered an inch or two.

RedMerc04
04-04-2007, 08:47 PM
I think id buy one if Ford had the balls to put a beefed up 351W in there with power numbers in the same ballpark as the Cts-V. Oh and yes, Rear wheel drive is a must :burnout:

Raudermaster
04-04-2007, 09:13 PM
I still think an all N/A/Turbo V6 is in order for the SHO. Yea, V8's rule, but the V8 they would probably throw in there is rated less than the turbo V6. If they do a turbo V6/big V6, definately give me AWD over RWD.