PDA

View Full Version : FORD offers $500 Bonus to Improve Morale

Bluerauder
04-05-2007, 12:39 PM
CEO Mulally does slightly better. :rolleyes:

http://money.cnn.com/2007/04/05/news/companies/ford_execpay/index.htm?cnn=yes
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++
Ford CEO: $28M for 4 months work
Former Boeing exec got $18.5 million bonus, almost $9 million in stock and options and base salary at annual $2 million rate, according to proxy.

April 5 2007: 12:40 PM EDT

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Struggling Ford Motor Co., which posted a record $12.7 billion net loss in 2006, gave its new CEO Alan Mulally $28 million for four months on the job, according to the company's proxy statement filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission Thursday……

Ford announced in March that all full-time staff would receive some form of modest bonus for 2006, as it attempted to improve morale in the middle of a downsizing.

Most salaried workers and supervisors received between $300 to $800, depending on their location and rank in the company. Most union members received about $500. The company did not detail the overall cost of the bonus program, but the widespread bonuses cost the company at least $62 million, based on the 125,000 employees who were eligible for the payment.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++

JonW
04-05-2007, 01:02 PM
That's beyond asinine. NOBODY is worth $28 million.

Joe Walsh
04-05-2007, 01:35 PM
That's beyond asinine. NOBODY is worth $28 million.

If he can turn FORD around and make it a profitable company he is worth a BILLION!

(Please make it so...Please make it so...My FORD Stock doth plummet into the dark Wall Street abyss!!!)

KillJoy
04-05-2007, 01:38 PM
If he can turn FORD around and make it a profitable company he is worth a BILLION!

(Please make it so...Please make it so...My FORD Stock doth plummet into the dark Wall Street abyss!!!)

If that is the case, why not hold off on the bonus until he DOES it..... instead of giving him $28M for nothing (so far), and sending the Company even further downhill.....

KillJoy

SamF
04-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Amazing :rolleyes:

Breadfan
04-05-2007, 02:48 PM
If that is the case, why not hold off on the bonus until he DOES it.....

He may not be worth $28 million per say, but, look at it this way, maybe they had to entice the guy with $28 million to make it worth the risk to walk into a sinking ship, otherwise he might have chosen to stay dry.

I still think it's rather "anti-morale" to offer folks $500 when they all know very well someone else got $28 mil.

Ken
04-06-2007, 04:58 AM
I used my $500 bonus to finance my trip to KY, I know that it improved my morale! :banana: Imagine how well my morale improved after I took the $35,000 bonus and retired this past weekend!:banana2:

Ken