PDA

View Full Version : Truck backed into me...

Motorhead350
04-05-2007, 10:56 PM
...and broke my grill. I found out who did it, found the truck, got the number to the company, took pics of the trucks bumper which still had my paint on it. I ordered my grill and everything is going to cost me $236 or so. Should I proceed to tell these people to pay up in a kind way or should I just bash the grill of the truck that ruined mine?

Haggis
04-06-2007, 03:10 AM
Go for it, do what you need to do.

cyclopsram
04-06-2007, 03:28 AM
Make the Police Report to document all the information in one place and then approach the Trucking Co... Be direct, courteous, and not demanding...It would seem to me that there should be an estimate of repairs included in your package, from your insurance company's recommended repair shop. The total will be more than what you quoted...disassembly, inspection, parts, installation, detailing etc....

Raudermaster
04-06-2007, 06:00 AM
Heh......I'd make the report, then "mysteriously" a week later break his grille.

O's Fan Rich
04-06-2007, 06:36 AM
make a request to the company along with pictures and details. See what happens.... What else are you gonna do? Kill his children? Blow up his house? It's one of those things. He probably does not even know he did it. The grills are plastic crap. Even Cheesehead Bob had a detailer break his.

chicago_cop
04-06-2007, 06:53 AM
...and broke my grill. I found out who did it, found the truck, got the number to the company, took pics of the trucks bumper which still had my paint on it. I ordered my grill and everything is going to cost me $236 or so. Should I proceed to tell these people to pay up in a kind way or should I just bash the grill of the truck that ruined mine?

Always choose the easy route first. If they refuse to pay threaten to report a hit and run, and notify their insurance co. It's worth a try.

rvaldez1
04-06-2007, 07:44 AM
That Sucks! But fill out a report, then after we go to DePaul with the PA we can take care of that truck. :coolman:

Vortex
04-06-2007, 08:50 AM
Gosh, it would really be difficult for them to find out who broke the truck grille. My advice (as a retired LEO), talk with them about the settlement.

KillJoy
04-06-2007, 09:07 AM
Gosh, it would really be difficult for them to find out who broke the truck grille. My advice (as a retired LEO), talk with them about the settlement.

Broken Grille....yes....

Slashed tires, all windows broken, and all body panels soaked in paint removing gel.... not so much :D

KillJoy

RF Overlord
04-06-2007, 11:52 AM
I think cyclopsram said it best^^^.

Although busting out HIS grille would be immensely satisfying ("There! See how YOU like it, MF!"), it's not worth it. Get your revenge by making them pay for a brand new one and pay for its installation, even if you can do it yourself.

jawz101
04-06-2007, 12:06 PM
Quit thinking about revenge. You've got the facts. Go through the proper procedures ASAP.
I persisted against a lawyer who hit my car & even left a note. I had my insurance pay for it under the promise that the lady was going to pay for it. She requested an estimate and then she started bickering about the costs. I filed a police report at the time I discovered it, but there was nothing they could do. My insurance got involved with the claim but it was I who settled it with a personal attorney who knew the lady's boss and did a favor by talking with her boss about it. The boss then continued to speak w/ her about it until it probably made her lose face as an ethical lawyer. She turned out to be a real ***** but my persistance paid off.

Bottom line, you have to do what's right. Your character will get you further.

don
04-06-2007, 12:20 PM
coke a cola in his gas tank if it doesnt run he cant hit and run anymore and to have the gas sampled it will cost alot of money he didnt care why should you

jgc61sr2002
04-06-2007, 04:03 PM
If they are not willing to settle to your satisfaction , make a Police report for leaving the scene of a motor vehicle accident and report it to your inc. co.