PDA

View Full Version : You Hit WHAT?!?!?!

MM2004
04-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Taken today from a cell phone camera.

Location is at FoMoCo Kentucky Truck Plant in Louisville.

They make the F-250 thru the F-550 Commercial Light Trucks.

Knocked the rear axle back anywhere from 12" to 18".

Driveshaft separated.

Leaf Spring ripped out.

Damaged the bed\fender(s).

Broken\cracked glass in the cab.

That's just what I've heard.

There went a $10,000.00 profit on that unit.

Driver never left their parking lot.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/2/9/8/9/truck1.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/2/9/8/9/truck2.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/2/9/8/9/truck3.jpg

Anyone care to guess what the driver hit then ran over?

Mike.

BAD MERC
04-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Does Ford use bondo for U-bolts?

KillJoy
04-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Hmmmm....

+1 for hitting something HARD :D

KillJoy

Agent M79
04-10-2007, 04:31 PM
A Focus?90

jdando
04-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Fireplug?

jeremy

Power Surge
04-10-2007, 04:39 PM
My bet would be he caught one of the cement filled steel poles that protect the corners of buildings from hits :).

Pops
04-10-2007, 04:42 PM
I am with power surge on this one.

knine
04-10-2007, 04:46 PM
I wonder how they'll try to hide that on the OASIS?

P.S., new pics of my baby posted today...has the new badgeless on her.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/browseimages.php?c=3&userid=6750

KillJoy
04-10-2007, 04:49 PM
I wonder how they'll try to hide that on the OASIS?

P.S., new pics of my baby posted today...has the new badgeless on her.

If it never leaves the Factory....it NEVER happened....

;)

Killjoy

knine
04-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Yup, that's what I thought.

Bigdogjim
04-10-2007, 05:54 PM
Fix it and it goes back in the line and out the door......:rofl:

Raudermaster
04-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Do tell Mike!

offroadkarter
04-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Im gonna say something caught underneath

jawz101
04-10-2007, 08:57 PM
what's all that stuff stuck to the side of it, and the gray tape, and the wiring? it looks like there's a hole in the metal midway betw fender flair and tail light

Vortex
04-10-2007, 09:27 PM
Wonder if the driveshaft disconnected while going forward and ripped it all out from underneath? Ive see it at the dragstrip but thats pretty bad if it happened to a new truck.

LCSO34
04-10-2007, 09:59 PM
what's all that stuff stuck to the side of it, and the gray tape, and the wiring? it looks like there's a hole in the metal midway betw fender flair and tail light

That's the stuff that holds the fender on. Dually beds are just regular beds with fiberglass fenders bolted onto the side, the wire is for the lights I believe that are on the side of the fender.

Motorhead350
04-10-2007, 10:49 PM
Clipped a pillar like previously stated.

Haggis
04-11-2007, 03:03 AM
Did they hire Mike Poore as their new test driver?

RoyLPita
04-11-2007, 03:53 AM
There might be a claim as transportation damage. Who knows. You might even see this truck used on a lot somewhere.

FastMerc
04-11-2007, 05:25 AM
Rear end locked up as he went over a speedbump!

Joe Walsh
04-11-2007, 05:28 AM
:laugh:.......... :laugh:......... :laugh:.......... :laugh:

Did they hire Mike Poore as their new test driver?

Poor Mike, we'll never let him forget that his garage door was too small!

Bluerauder
04-11-2007, 06:02 AM
:laugh:.......... :laugh:......... :laugh:.......... :laugh:

Poor Mike, we'll never let him forget that his garage door was too small!
Twice ... as I recall !!! :rofl:

magindat
04-11-2007, 06:28 AM
My bet would be he caught one of the cement filled steel poles that protect the corners of buildings from hits :).

At over 40 MPH!!!!

jawz101
04-11-2007, 07:31 AM
Wonder if the driveshaft disconnected while going forward and ripped it all out from underneath? Ive see it at the dragstrip but thats pretty bad if it happened to a new truck.

I was kinda thinking along the same lines. Like someone forgot to screw something down right. I just don't think that would cause the glass to crack in the cab. It had to have been something that made the whole truck shudder, as with an impact on the axle from hitting something affixed to the ground

martyo
04-11-2007, 07:45 AM
If it was an assembly failure Ford should be glad that truck never hit the streets! That would have been a lawyers wet dream.

Dragcity
04-11-2007, 07:53 AM
Someone put the wrong driveshaft in at assembly, didn't use the one for the extended cab....

During transport, the driveshaft dropped out of the tranny and caught on something like a joint in the concrete or ana ssembly line component. Pushed the axle back, lilted the bed up, which cracked the rear glass....

Should I be a detective, or shall I remain a dick????

jawz101
04-11-2007, 08:06 AM
All I know is I wish the picture was about 20 feet wider to the right. That truck couldn't have moved that far after it happened. And what's that blue maple leaf on the 1st picture? It must be like a hidden clue :help:

RoyLPita
04-11-2007, 08:31 AM
Actually, the driveshaft is in multiple pieces. What you saw on the ground is a normal rear one.

SID210SA
04-11-2007, 08:59 AM
He was playing tug o war with a Marauder and lost!!!!

Mike
04-11-2007, 09:14 AM
Was a Ford family member ran over??

magindat
04-11-2007, 09:30 AM
Anyone care to guess what the driver hit...

Did he hit Elena's yacht?

...then ran over?

Was a Ford family member ran over??

Elena? :hankie:

:cool3: Ding Dong the :witch: is dead! :whistle:

Pops
04-11-2007, 09:34 AM
Now thats funny but there would be more damage as there heads are harder than that!

Haggis
04-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Now thats funny but there would be more damage as there heads are harder than that!

John when spelling; 'There' is a place. To so possessive it would be spelled 'Their'.

I am not afraid of your wife..............yet.

Dragcity
04-11-2007, 11:24 AM
John when spelling; 'There' is a place. To so possessive it would be spelled 'Their'.

There - They're Haggis. Or is it "Their - There"? Or "They're - Their"?

There, That should be enough....

So.... Wha' Happen ?

Mike Poore
04-11-2007, 11:44 AM

OK, John. that's two of us big persons that little twerp has seen fit to scurrilously attack. I know where he lives ...stop by here & pick me up, and we'll go down there and slap the snot out of that dress wearing dweeb!

Um, bring a couple of Mrs' John's hockey sticks. ;)

BTW, I'm going with the dropped driveshaft theory. Look at photo #2, just behind the truck, is that dig mark in the pavement joint where it did it's pole vault?

Bluerauder
04-11-2007, 01:34 PM
OK, John. that's two of us big persons that little twerp has seen fit to scurrilously attack.
twerp -- n. {origin unknown}(ca. 1923) a silly, insignificant, or contemptible person.

scurrilous -- adj. (1576) 1. a. using or given to coarse language. b. being vulgar or evil. 2. containing obscenities or coarse abuse. scurrilously -- adv.

Pops
04-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Gordon I am afraid of my wife! She has a big stick and has used it. Good come back on me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike Poore
04-11-2007, 01:44 PM
twerp -- n. {origin unknown}(ca. 1923) a silly, insignificant, or contemptible person.

scurrilous -- adj. (1576) 1. a. using or given to coarse language. b. being vulgar or evil. 2. containing obscenities or coarse abuse. scurrilously -- adv.

Yep, that's him. Great choice of words, huh?

Sadly, I couldn't come up with a proper word for cross-dressers. :D

O's Fan Rich
04-11-2007, 02:15 PM
I bet he hit a big oak barrel of Kentucky's finest. He's to be shot at sunrise.

alarmguy
04-11-2007, 02:44 PM
Hey Mike, watch out. Them leprechauns are sneaky!

Leadfoot281
04-11-2007, 03:39 PM
I'll bet that the driver of the truck was in hot pursuit of some teenagers in hot rods. What he didn't realize is that they had secretly chained the rear axle to a tree. :burnout:

MM2004
04-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Several of you were right on as to what the truck impacted.

The driver was going too fast, cut it too close and side-swiped a pole as shown below ->

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/2/9/8/9/truck_pole.jpg

The Stop sign broke out the driver's side rear glass, the pole ripped off the fiberglass rear fender, etc., etc.

My understanding is he will lose his plant license.

Thanks for playing!

Mike.

KillJoy
04-11-2007, 04:27 PM

?????

KillJoy

jgc61sr2002
04-11-2007, 04:55 PM

The driver was going too fast, cut it too close and side-swiped a pole as shown below ->

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/2/9/8/9/truck_pole.jpg

The Stop sign broke out the driver's side rear glass, the pole ripped off the fiberglass rear fender, etc., etc.

Thanks for playing!

Mike.

He's lucky to keep his job.

Glenn
04-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Please fellows, nothing much will happen to the driver. He is a union member. The union will protect him to the bitter end and the driver knows it. I have worked in several union plants and I am very familiar with them. The first thing a sharp union shop steward will do at the discipline meeting will be to demand a signed document of his certified training to be a plant driver and whether it was current. I've been in so many of these meetings I could get this guy off scott free with no effort.

Glenn

Mad4Macs
04-11-2007, 05:37 PM
Yep, that's him. Great choice of words, huh?

Sadly, I couldn't come up with a proper word for cross-dressers. :D

Try "Rosie O'Donnell"

Mike Poore
04-11-2007, 06:29 PM

Thanks for playing!

Mike.

You mean it's, gulp, over? :eek:

Just when John and I were planning our raid on Gordon's fabulous stash of Kentucky's finest?

BTW, did you guys get a sip from that bottle of Rye he brought? :woohoo:

MM2004
04-11-2007, 06:56 PM
You mean it's, gulp, over? :eek:

Just when John and I were planning our raid on Gordon's fabulous stash of Kentuckey's finest?

BTW, did you guys get a sip from that bottle of Rye he brought? :woohoo:

Count me in on the raid. It's not over, yet. :D

Yes I did try the Rye. Pretty good stuff.

Let's roll :burnout:

Raudermaster
04-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Plant license? I'm with Steve, what does that mean? Even if it was a "mistake?"

Motorhead350
04-11-2007, 09:29 PM
:laugh: :laugh:

I'll bet that the driver of the truck was in hot pursuit of some teenagers in hot rods. What he didn't realize is that they had secretly chained the rear axle to a tree. :burnout:

Sounds like work of The Pharoahs. :D Those punks in that 49 Merc! :)

sicilianmarquis
04-11-2007, 10:24 PM
looks like sombody forgot to locktite a couple bolts

Haggis
04-12-2007, 03:16 AM
OK, John. that's two of us big persons that little twerp has seen fit to scurrilously attack. I know where he lives ...stop by here & pick me up, and we'll go down there and slap the snot out of that dress wearing dweeb!

Um, bring a couple of Mrs' John's hockey sticks. ;)

BTW, I'm going with the dropped driveshaft theory. Look at photo #2, just behind the truck, is that dig mark in the pavement joint where it did it's pole vault?

TWERP, SCURRILOUSLY....CROSSDRESSER!! !!!!!!! :censor: :mad2:

Listen here you over sized polecat, Santa Clause looking goonie googoo. Try raiding my stash, first you have to make it past Smitty the hard of seeing, hard of hearing 15yr old pitbull next in line of defense is the cat that lives under the bed followed by the mean ravenous vicious ferrets, Frick & Frack. And as for the last line of defense is the small package, owner of the 'cute car', who collects swords and other sharp blade weapons, the one the only, CHRIS, the Boss, Ladyhawke.

There beat that.....:razz:

MM2004
04-12-2007, 03:47 AM
Plant license? I'm with Steve, what does that mean? Even if it was a "mistake?"

The current responsibility of the person that hit the pole, is to drive the vehicles around the plant property as needed.

My understanding is when there is an accident involving personal injury or big $$$, their license that grants them driving said vehicles is suspended\revoked. This is also based upon past driving records.

Bets are, he will lose that job, and be relocated somewhere else in the plant that doesn't require driving the trucks.

This is what I have been told by family members that work there.

Mike.

magindat
04-12-2007, 06:22 AM

TWERP, SCURRILOUSLY....CROSSDRESSER!! !!!!!!! :censor: :mad2:

Listen hear you over sized polecat, Santa Clause looking goonie googoo. Try raiding my stash, first you have to make it past Smitty the hard of seeing, hard of hearing 15yr old pitbull next in line of defense is the cat that lives under the bed followed by the mean ravenous vicious ferrets, Frick & Frack. And as for the last line of defense is the small package, owner of the 'cute car', who collects swords and other sharp blade weapons, the one the only, CHRIS, the Boss, Ladyhawke.

:grad:
'hear' is what you do with your ears and 'here' is a place.

"Listen here, you..."

:poke:

I couldn't resist!!!!!!
:seesaw:

:laugh:

Haggis
04-12-2007, 06:34 AM
:grad:
'hear' is what you do with your ears and 'here' is a place.

"Listen here, you..."

:poke:

I couldn't resist!!!!!!
:seesaw:

:laugh:

Rich.....:razz:

Mike Poore
04-12-2007, 06:23 PM
the last line of defense is the small package, owner of the 'cute car', who collects swords and other sharp blade weapons, the one the only, CHRIS, the Boss, Ladyhawke.

Yeah, but, Chris likes me best! :lovies:

GreekGod
04-12-2007, 09:02 PM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/2/1/9/0/knifethrower.jpg