PDA

View Full Version : What about the NHL Playoffs

Pops
04-16-2007, 07:47 AM
Who are you rooting for. My Red Wings post in another thread plus Haggis and someone else like the Islanders.
I think the Red Wings are on their game this year and might do it. What do you guys think or will it be your team!

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Haggis
04-16-2007, 07:54 AM
Always cheer for the underdogs. In the playoffs it all depends on which team has the hot goalie.

GOISLES!!

RoyLPita
04-16-2007, 07:55 AM
Go Penguins!!!!

Dr Caleb
04-16-2007, 07:59 AM
No Oilers=No playoffs.

But I might root a little for the NY Oilanders. All my favourite Oilers seem to go there.

ABC! *

*Anybody But Calgary

jimlam56
04-16-2007, 08:06 AM
Not a big hockey fan, but have to go with my home town team, the Tampa Bay Lightning!

not5-0
04-16-2007, 08:16 AM
What is the NHL?

Pops
04-16-2007, 08:22 AM
National Hockey League

JMan
04-16-2007, 08:36 AM
No Oilers=No playoffs.

But I might root a little for the NY Oilanders. All my favourite Oilers seem to go there.

ABC! *

*Anybody But Calgary

Doc,
I rode on the same plane as Ryan when he left. Poor kid was so dejected. The fans at the EDM Airport International terminal were all over him. My wife and I flew in to meet "Moose" and see them raise his sweater to the rafters at Rexall. Very cool! The GM for the Islanders brought Smyth in to get them into the playoff$. Ka-ching, that's exactly what he did in that shoot-out on closing night.

Sorry to derail, back on topic: Somebody want my opinion of the Cup chase?

Go, Bolts, Go!

The 'Wings learned their lesson last year. They seem to be on it BIG! The Flames don't just all of a sudden suck really bad!

The poor Pen's are getting stewed. Their maturity level isn't there yet. Sid the Kid has many more years ahead.

One of my favorite teams - Roberto and Co. - are looking pretty strong against a great Stars team (Disclaimer: Not trying to piss off the Albertans, I just always liked the Can's).

If you get a chance to watch the WWE (Rangers/Thrashers series), it's beginning to look like bloodsport. Although I dislike the Rangers, they definately are "hitting" on all eight.

Ottawa isn't going to fall asleep at the wheel this year either. (See comentary below.)

Anaheim seems to have the Wild's number. They have played them tough, though. I actually saw part of their game the other night! I wish I could stay up past 10pm, I'd see alot more Western Conference games.

Did I mention I hate the Devils?

The Isles snuck one in on the Sabres Saturday. I still say the road to the Cup is through Buffalo. (Of course, I said the road last year was through Ottawa . . . shows ya what I know.)

And finally:

Go, Bolts, Go!!!
I love the playoffs!

J

Grifter
04-16-2007, 09:00 AM
Well, I am a Wild fan (go Boogaard!)
but we are getting our asses handed to us, cause we arent playing worth a crap...4 and out i think..

rayjay
04-16-2007, 09:56 AM
Buffalo Sabres RULE...

Haggis
04-16-2007, 10:56 AM
Buffalo Sabres DRULE...

NY Islanders Rule!

GO ISLES!!

larryo340
04-16-2007, 12:04 PM
Wishing and Hoping that they win tonight againt the top NHL Sabers. I will be at the game on wednesday night, and they better win.
Because I am an Islander!!!!

sweetair
04-16-2007, 02:10 PM
Let's go RANGERS!! They are looking good.

Grifter
04-16-2007, 02:41 PM
Wishing and Hoping that they win tonight againt the top NHL Sabers. I will be at the game on wednesday night, and they better win.
Because I am an Islander!!!!

Well, i live on an island, doesnt make me a Islander fan :flamer:

Go Wild! (even though they arent going anywhere)

larryo340
04-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Well, i live on an island, doesnt make me a Islander fan :flamer:

Go Wild! (even though they arent going anywhere) I guess because you do not live on "the" island as in Long Island. Sorry:D
Well we all can't be perfect:rolleyes:

Grifter
04-16-2007, 03:08 PM
hahah true..
Phelps Island is good enough for me.

larryo340
04-16-2007, 03:33 PM
hahah true..
Phelps Island is good enough for me.
Its all good, and good luck to the WILD, hey you never know.

Mad4Macs
04-16-2007, 03:43 PM
Go Penguins!!!!

To quote the Immortal Bugs Bunny... "Penguins is practically Chickens"

GO RED WINGS!!!

chader
04-16-2007, 07:43 PM
I would say not...Kipper is hot,but he has nothing to work with....I love the FLAMES but I'm embarassssed.....I hope the rest of ya have a good post season....

Pops
04-17-2007, 05:46 AM
Islanders played well last night , they had no luck. It was a good game to watch.
Hope the Red Wings can turn it on tonight so we can get closer to getting out of this round. Good luck to all you other guys as the playoffs are far from over!

Paul T. Casey
04-17-2007, 05:50 AM
No 'Canes this year, so I'll just watch and climb on the winners bandwaogon.

larryo340
04-17-2007, 05:56 AM
Islanders played well last night , they had no luck. It was a good game to watch.
Hope the Red Wings can turn it on tonight so we can get closer to getting out of this round. Good luck to all you other guys as the playoffs are far from over!
As usual it seems that the officials:mad2: wanted to make it as hard as possible for the Islanders. The goal that was allowed was a goal, can't argue with that call. But that last penalty call was :censor: .

Haggis
04-17-2007, 06:36 AM
Let's go RANGERS!! They are looking good.

Them is fighting words, BUD!!!! :bop:

Dragcity
04-17-2007, 06:55 AM
Come on, Give Buffalo a little love this year. The Sabres have been hot all season.

Buffalo needs to win something, and The Sabres are the "Best Shot"

It is a well known fact that Buffalo is a driking town with a football problem. We don't need a hockey problem on top of it....

Nice bunch of guys on the team to boot....

larryo340
04-17-2007, 07:04 AM
Come on, Give Buffalo a little love this year. The Sabres have been hot all season.

It is a well known fact that Buffalo is a driking town with a football problem. We don't need a hockey problem on top of it....

Nice bunch of guys on the team to boot....
Yeh, but if it weren't for Buffalo we would not have hot wings. In other words no HOOTERS:D
So at least if nothing else they have the history of inventing Buffalo wings.

sweetair
04-17-2007, 07:29 AM
Them is fighting words, BUD!!!! :bop:It would be a long shot, but the Rangers and Islanders could have a series together in these playoffs. Remember the 1994 first round series?? between the two?

sweetair
04-17-2007, 07:32 AM

Nice bunch of guys on the team to boot....Hey Joe, Buffalo is a Championsip town. Are you forgetting the M.I.L.L.? Let's go Bandits. BTW----nice win last night.

larryo340
04-17-2007, 07:45 AM
It would be a long shot, but the Rangers and Islanders could have a series together in these playoffs. Remember the 1994 first round series?? between the two?
That is one series I am trying to forget!

sweetair
04-17-2007, 01:14 PM
That is one series I am trying to forget!I will admit, it always seemed that the Islanders had the Rangers number, not that time.

Canadasvt
04-17-2007, 05:57 PM
Hope the Red Wings can turn it on tonight so we can get closer to getting out of this round.
Well the Oilers have made me plenty of money over the years (especially last year, eh Detroit), and the Leafs and Canadiens are always good for a chuckle. But alas, none of them are in this year.
I'm thinking the NHL is the new WWE (WWF). It's all fixed, man! :P
Oh, well. Go Jets or Whalers or Northstars or Nordiques or.... when does NFL start again?

:lol:

Pops
04-18-2007, 06:27 AM
The Red Wings game was later than I could handle last night. I see that they lost. Wish they would get there act together!

Dragcity
04-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Woo Hooooo. Back in Buffalo On Friday for game 5....the final game of THIS series!

larryo340
04-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Woo Hooooo. Back in Buffalo On Friday for game 5....the final game of THIS series!
Hope not, I was at the game tonight (wednesday) and ok the Islanders kinda sucked in the the third period
Come on you gotta admit that late no goal was :bs: :argh: :bigcry:

I am still holding out for an Islander win to force another game here.:)

Haggis
04-19-2007, 03:04 AM

...:razz:...

JMan
04-19-2007, 03:18 AM
There were some great hockey games on the tube last night. I wish I could stay up! The Sharks/Predators game looked interesting in the first 12 minutes! Had to crash though, I'm not a late night person.

The Lightning/Devils game was awesome. Both teams left in all out on the ice. Gomez puts a great shot over Holmqvist's shoulder for the win in O/T - damnitt! I also watched some of the Sabres/Islanders between periods and during commercials. Be afraid Larryo, be very afraid!

The Rangers swept a relatively (playoffs) inexperienced Thrasher club. They do get the big rest-up before the second round. They won't be bringing the brooms out for the second round though!

The Cup chase continues. The most exciting sport on television!

J

Dragcity
04-19-2007, 05:45 AM
[

Controversy.... Don't you love it. I (heard) the goalie was pushhed in the net after stopping the puck. ? I am really not much of a sports fan.

Mike Poore
04-19-2007, 05:55 AM
:hide: 'scuse me, but aren't these the very same folks who lost a whole season just two years ago, in a labour (canada spelling) dispute? How can you support any of 'em? :shake:

larryo340
04-19-2007, 06:01 AM
:hide: 'scuse me, but aren't these the very same folks who lost a whole season just two years ago, in a labour (canada spelling) dispute? How can you support any of 'em? :shake:

Obviously you are not a hockey fan

larryo340
04-19-2007, 06:03 AM
[

Controversy.... Don't you love it. I (heard) the goalie was pushhed in the net after stopping the puck. ? I am really not much of a sports fan.

I was there, and then watched it at home on Tivo:mad2: . I stand by my statements made.:argue:

96DiamondVIII
04-19-2007, 06:22 AM
Well since the Hurricanes missed out this year, I shall have to fall back to the team I followed in my youth...

GO RANGERS!!!!!!! :)

Pops
04-19-2007, 06:45 AM
Its starting to get good now guys!!!!!!!!!!!! Let your your real thoughts come out.

Haggis
04-19-2007, 07:06 AM
Well since the Hurricanes missed out this year, I shall have to fall back to the team I followed in my youth...

GO RANGERS!!!!!!! :)

Dragcity
04-19-2007, 07:11 AM
I was there, and then watched it at home on Tivo:mad2: . I stand by my statements made.:argue:

Very well. I support you and your statement.

So... you can have that goal.......Buffalo still won by one.

Just joking around there. I know you are really into all this and I respect it. I don't let myself get all wound up about sports.

I think Buffalo had a 'No Goal' problem with Texas a few years ago, that cost them the series. Something about a net being picked up and moved as the puck crossed the line ?????

Those damn refs!

Grifter
04-19-2007, 07:16 AM

baseball never had a lockout?
you have to love the sport, not the specific people involved..

BTW, GO WILD!

anyone see the horrible re****g on the last Wild game? Or May's cheap shot that put Johnnson in the hospital?

larryo340
04-19-2007, 09:51 AM
Very well. I support you and your statement.

So... you can have that goal.......Buffalo still won by one.

Just joking around there. I know you are really into all this and I respect it. I don't let myself get all wound up about sports.

I think Buffalo had a 'No Goal' problem with Texas a few years ago, that cost them the series. Something about a net being picked up and moved as the puck crossed the line ?????

Those damn refs!
First off if they had "that" goal, game is tied and its a whole new hockey game
check this out from the Islanders website, at least they see both sides
HULLUVA PIECE OF JOURNALISM
The team's professional approach to last night doesn't necessarily mean we're willing to let go!
Remember the thunderous, appropriate outrage throughout Buffalo – conducted by the local media like virtuosos – in the wake of Brett Hull's in-the-crease OT goal that may have cost the Sabres a Cup? Well, here's the description by the Buffalo News of last night's controversial play:
"Nassau Coliseum erupted when it appeared the Islanders had scored after a long stalemate that lasted nearly two full periods. Former Sabres winger Miroslav Satan plunged head-first into a crease pileup, and defenseman Brendan Witt went feet first to bowl over Sabres goalie Ryan Miller. The puck slid over the line, but referee Mike Leggo waved it off."
That's just vintage stuff right there.

sweetair
04-19-2007, 11:59 AM

GO RANGERS!!!!!!! :)That's right. LET'S GO RANGERS!!!

Haggis
04-20-2007, 03:19 AM
That's right. LET'S GO RANGERS!!!

...:bop:...

larryo340
04-22-2007, 06:12 AM
Hey all you Hockey fans you gotta check this ***** out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdf4GeT4ELA
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

and if you love Hockey and Pulp Fiction
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8s6aid04pw

:2thumbs:

JMan
04-22-2007, 07:43 AM
Hey all you Hockey fans you gotta check this ***** out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdf4GeT4ELA
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OMG! That's freakin' hilarious!

J

JMan
04-22-2007, 01:13 PM
Lightning are out! :mad: Best of luck to Marty and the Devils. Now I get to root for the Canucks and Sabres. It was a great ride, Brodeur and the defensemen were just too tough! What a spectacular bunch of defense on both ends!

I wish every body luck with their teams!!!

J

Pops
04-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Go Red Wings!!!!!!!!! Got out of the first round and now its time to get down and play!

Pops
04-27-2007, 05:32 AM
Well guys round two has started and the Red wings are not off to a good start. Looks like the Sharks came to play. Come on Red Wings its time to play!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pops
05-01-2007, 05:59 AM
Hope the Red wings can get it together as the Sharks are coming on. The Canadian teams are looking pretty good also.

larryo340
05-10-2007, 01:06 PM
;) Oh darn, the Rangers lost:beer:

Mad4Macs
05-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Your team... winners or losers... you can't believe how hard it is here being a Red Wings fan!!!
I mean... they're all Astros fans (irrelevent, since the Tigers are going to win it all), Spurs fans (irrelevant, since the Pistons are going to win it all), or... jeez... they play hockey in Texas???
:lol:
Yeah, I know... the Lions will be *ahem* "taking the field" before much longer... but other than that, LET'S GET IT ON DEEEEEETROIT!!!!

Mad4Macs
05-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Wait, I forgot...
The Lions will beat the cowboys :cool:

Pops
05-14-2007, 05:51 AM
Great to see the Red Wings are still cooking although it looks like the Ducks boiled the pot over last night. They have been playing great hockey and the games have been hard fought.