PDA

View Full Version : The days before MV5, What to do?

Zack
04-17-2007, 06:32 AM
Hey all, Becky and I will be off the whole week of MV5 and want to make the most of it.
Our plan is to leave the Saturday before and travel to an unknown destination, or many unknown destinations until Wednesday, when we will arrive for MV5.
Can anyone make a suggestion as to where to go, preferrably in the Carolinas, for a few days?
Thanks in advance! :beer:

Haggis
04-17-2007, 06:38 AM
'Tail of the Dragon.'

sweetair
04-17-2007, 07:34 AM
Go to the outter Banks for a couple of days. Duck, Corolla. A great place. 5 &1/2 from the DC area.

Hotrauder
04-17-2007, 09:35 AM
Go to 15726 Michigan Ave. Dearborn, Mi. and apologize. Then come to Florida and visit with us. Love to Becky. Dennis:P

Zack
04-17-2007, 09:39 AM
:popcorn: :popcorn:

KillJoy
04-17-2007, 09:40 AM
Go to 15726 Michigan Ave. Dearborn, Mi. and apologize. Then come to Florida and visit with us. Love to Becky. Dennis:P

HAHA!!!! that would be an interesting conversation!!!

If you got the time, head to the Smokey Mountains. It would be a nice drive, and there is pretty scenery.

Stop in an Amish part of Pennsylvania.

Stop at Niagra Falls.

Go to Coney Island.

Stop at Virginia Beach.

So to Cedar Point (in northern Ohio).

Stop by my house and get drunk :beer:

Just a few of my rambling ideas...

KillJoy

Ladyhawke
04-17-2007, 09:46 AM
Skyline Drive in Virginia - beautiful scenery, wildlife and fun driving

sweetair
04-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Skyline Drive in Virginia - beautiful scenery, wildlife and fun drivingWhile there Luray Caverns. Haven't been myself, but I hear it is pretty cool.

fastblackmerc
04-17-2007, 01:54 PM
What do you want to do / see? Lots of stuff to do in the Carolinas.

Bluerauder
04-17-2007, 02:35 PM
Hey all, Becky and I will be off the whole week of MV5 and want to make the most of it.
Haven't you heard .... "VIRGINIA IS FOR LOVERS"

Can’t speak to the Carolinas; but there’s lots to do in Virginia depending on your particular fancy …. Beaches, Civil War battlefields, museums, history, nature, etc.

Check the Virginia Tourism site here >>>> http://www.virginia.org/

Your can order travel information from this site to plan your trip.

Some of the highlights (but there's much, much more):

Virginia Beach (watersports, fishing, tours, beach and biking)

Old Point Comfort
Fort Monroe and the Casemate Museum

Skyline Drive
Skyline Caverns
Luray Caverns (and car museum and Garden Maze)
Natural Bridge, VA
Jamestown Settlement (this is the 400th anniversary of the landing)
Williamsburg, VA

Paramount “King’s Dominion”
Busch Gardens

Udvar-Hazy Air & Space Museum, near Dulles Airport, VA
Battleship Wisconsin, Norfolk, VA
Nauticus – National Maritime Museum, Norfolk, VA
Morgan-McLure Motorsports Museum, Abdingdon, VA
National Museum of the US Marine Corps, Triangle, VA
Virginia Aquarium and Science Museum, Virginia Beach, VA

Virginia Military Institute (VMI), Lexington, VA
New Market Battlefield & Hall of Honor, New Market, VA
Fredericksburg, VA
Chancellorsville, VA
Manassas National Battlefield, Manassas, VA

Antietam National Battlefield, Sharpsburg, MD
Gettysburg National Battlefield, Gettysburg, PA

Richmond International Raceway (RIR), Richmond, VA
Old Dominion Speedway (ODS), Manassas, VA

RCSignals
04-17-2007, 02:40 PM

Weren't apologies already made?
If more will get me a further 'apology celebration rebate' on my already discounted Trilogy kit, I'm all for it :D

KillJoy
04-17-2007, 03:01 PM
If more will get me a further 'apology celebration rebate' on my already discounted Trilogy kit, I'm all for it :D

Agreed!

Zack, piss off Dennis so he will discount the A2A Kit $400!!! :D

KillJoy

Mike Poore
04-17-2007, 03:06 PM
Zack, I concur, Luray Caverns is fabulous, as is the Skyline drive North, if you use Luray as a starting point. Also, there's the Gettysburg Battlefield, easily worth a day or two, with comfortible accommodation at the Poore residence, if you're willing to share with Calvin & Hobbes. We also offer our summer house/hunting camp at Snow Shoe, PA at exit 22 on I-80 just North of State College, PA, home of the Penn State Nittany Lions. It's a beautiful area with lots to explore and do. The good thing about both options is the free lodging, and closeness to the MMV-5 celebration. I expect to be providing shelter in the barn, for my new best friend Farmer John, AKA Leadfoot, if he can get away; but there's room for all, if you don't mind putting up with a couple of hicks, like us.

knine
04-17-2007, 03:17 PM
:food: http://www.outbacksteakhouse.com/ourlocations/index.asp (http://www.outbacksteakhouse.com/ourlocations/index.asp)

Motorhead350
04-17-2007, 03:25 PM
Stop by my house and get drunk :beer:
KillJoy

You guys are crazy enough! :lol:

High-C
04-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Zack, In the Carolina's I would do Myrtle Beach SC and another thought is Colonial Williamsburg VA on your way back up. It's near Norfolk where you could check-out the Navy Museums and tours of the ships...

MM03MOK
04-17-2007, 03:40 PM
:food: http://www.outbacksteakhouse.com/ourlocations/index.asp

This is Zack's love..... :food: :lovies2: :food:
http://direct.where2getit.com/cwc/apps/w2gi.php?template=search&client=wafflehouse

http://www.wafflehouse.com/images/logos/WH_Logo.gif

KillJoy
04-17-2007, 04:01 PM
This is Zack's love..... :food: :lovies2: :food:
http://direct.where2getit.com/cwc/apps/w2gi.php?template=search&client=wafflehouse

Zack likes Waffle House's? Huh....never would have guessed that :rolleyes:

:D

KillJoy

alarmguy
04-17-2007, 04:37 PM
On the way to the Carolinas make sure you take I77 south from Charleston, WV, the West Virginia Turnpike. It's fun in a Marauder. Then go try some barbeque. There's western NC barbeque, then there's Eastern NC barbeque. Whatever, just have fun.

Zack
04-17-2007, 06:10 PM
Thanks everone

jimlam56
04-17-2007, 06:21 PM
Weren't apologies already made?

There is still a rift between the two sites.
I hope to see the day that both are friends again, as this is too small a group to be fractured like this.
Until everyone opens a frank discussion on this, it will continue to fester.
Jim

fastblackmerc
04-17-2007, 06:34 PM
I hope to see the day that both are friends again, as this is too small a group to be fractured like this.
Jim

Jim, I couldn't agree with you more.

DEFYANT
04-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Jim

Jim, I couldn't agree with you more.

I agree.

But it is not going to happen. Love them or hate them, MCM.com has developed its own character. One much like this sites character before all the BS. On top of that, like this site, it has grown to support itself as a bonifide enthusiest Marauder board. To close it and have everyone there migrate back would seem silly.

Nah, before there was one. Now there are two.

Bigdogjim
04-17-2007, 07:23 PM
Come to my house and cut the grass etc. so I can go..:rofl:

SC Cheesehead
04-17-2007, 08:06 PM
Our plan is to leave the Saturday before and travel to an unknown destination, or many unknown destinations until Wednesday, when we will arrive for MV5.
Can anyone make a suggestion as to where to go, preferrably in the Carolinas, for a few days?
Thanks in advance! :beer:
Which route are you taking into the Carolinas?

If you're coming in via I-26 South or I-85 South and passing by Greenville, give me a holler.

SCCH

RCSignals
04-17-2007, 08:24 PM
Jim

Except I wasn't referring to, and the post I replied to wasn't referring to the two sites.

I agree a discussion might be good.

This site cannot though, go back to the kind of disruptions and antics that became common in the last year or so of Logan's ownership.

sailsmen
04-17-2007, 09:02 PM
I like things just the way they are.:D

Water and oil do not mix.

pantheroc
04-18-2007, 10:13 AM
Bunny, you beat me to it!! I just downloaded the Waffle House gif to post it, then saw the second page of this thread!! :)

jimlam56
04-18-2007, 05:04 PM
I agree.

But it is not going to happen. Love them or hate them, MCM.com has developed its own character. One much like this sites character before all the BS. On top of that, like this site, it has grown to support itself as a bonifide enthusiest Marauder board. To close it and have everyone there migrate back would seem silly.

Nah, before there was one. Now there are two.
You're right Charlie, just sad to see.