PDA

View Full Version : Attention Ford Techs

2003_MM_FYRE49
04-18-2007, 08:33 PM
Hey all, I have a 2006 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 and the 6 speed tranny. For those of you that work on these things I'm sure your well aware of the transmission shifting problems slamming into gear and the erratic shifting. When the tranny slams if feels like as though the car just got hit in an accident.

I've had the vehicle in three times for TSB updates but not one of them has worked and cured the problem. I took it back again today, for the 4th time, and was told that the shift solenoids would be replaced. I got a call this afternoon and the dealer and they said that the tranny does not have shift solenoids but it has a Metronic (sp) system. Have any of you replaced this system? What have you done to fix the problem? I am at my wits end with this car. I have talked to several 2006 V-8 Explorer and Mountaineer owners and every one of them has the exact same problem. Please chime in if you know the repair that needs to be performed.

Any help would be appreciated because if this thing isn't fixed tomorrow I am filing another Lemon Law suit. I had nothing but problems with the 2004 Mountaineer I had and now this one is a piece of crap. I can see why Ford is losing their a$$es with the crap they turn out. I almost hate to say it but if I have to file another Lemon Law I'm going to have a GM in my garage to replace this thing.

JMan
04-19-2007, 03:31 AM
Hey all, I have a 2006 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 and the 6 speed tranny. For those of you that work on these things I'm sure your well aware of the transmission shifting problems slamming into gear and the erratic shifting. When the tranny slams if feels like as though the car just got hit in an accident.

I've had the vehicle in three times for TSB updates but not one of them has worked and cured the problem. I took it back again today, for the 4th time, and was told that the shift solenoids would be replaced. I got a call this afternoon and the dealer and they said that the tranny does not have shift solenoids but it has a Metronic (sp) system. Have any of you replaced this system? What have you done to fix the problem? I am at my wits end with this car. I have talked to several 2006 V-8 Explorer and Mountaineer owners and every one of them has the exact same problem. Please chime in if you know the repair that needs to be performed.

Any help would be appreciated because if this thing isn't fixed tomorrow I am filing another Lemon Law suit. I had nothing but problems with the 2004 Mountaineer I had and now this one is a piece of crap. I can see why Ford is losing their a$$es with the crap they turn out. I almost hate to say it but if I have to file another Lemon Law I'm going to have a GM in my garage to replace this thing.

Although I'm not a Ford Tech, I have to respond. Have you considered taking it to another dealer? I can't play the flute. If you gave me a flute for a day and came back, I still couldn't play the flute. If you did it three more times, you'd get similar results. Maybe call other dealers and explain the situation to them. I'd be curious if there was a powertrain control module "reflash" to update the shifting issues. If not and there's no resolve - Lemon Law!

Good luck with your issues!

J

Mike Poore
04-19-2007, 05:41 AM
I agree with the perfect dealer/service department search. I've got a keeper, in Crouse Ford, and will be buying Fords forever. Although it's a frustrating experience, for both you and the dealership, there's obviously an answer to the problem, and, sadly, in my experience, the Lemon law is the choice of last resort.

I'm wondering if it's a computer issue and may be solved by a tuner re-flash. Perhaps, checking with Dennis Reinhart would be a wise choice.