PDA

View Full Version : Close Call With the Law

Bluerauder
04-22-2007, 06:58 AM
I live on a quiet street in a nice residential area. Every morning, I take my daughter's Chocolate Lab out in the front yard for some fresh air and to chase birds, squirrels, and munch sticks. Her ........... NOT me !!! :P

Yesterday at about 10 AM, a police cruiser comes slowly down the street and I waved to him. He just rolls to a stop and we start chatting. I ask if he is just on a routine patrol and mention that I like the new graphics on the county police cars. He asks me about the dog and whether I live here. Then he excuses himself and rolls up the window. I can see he is talking on the radio. Probably another call or something.

Then another county police car comes rolling down the street and pulls up behind the first. They get out an talk abit out of range from me. Finally, I ask if there is a problem in the neighborhood.

"No problem. We had a call from a woman about a STRANGE man with a dog near this area .... and we just happened to notice you with the dog."

I guess that means that I am officially STRANGE now. A fashion wizard I'm not; but I kinda thought the Pirates of the Carribbean T-Shirt with matching pirates "skull & crossbone" socks was OK. :o

The wife has been laughing for 2 days straight about this. :rofl: Strange man indeed .... ;)

Now my daughter is in on the laughing too since it was her dog that almost got me Locked Up. :shake:

:laugh:

Joe Walsh
04-22-2007, 07:20 AM
Charlie,
Walking the dog is 'OK'....
It's the looking in the windows while you walk the dog that they frown upon.

:D

dwasson
04-22-2007, 10:23 AM
Charlie,
Walking the dog is 'OK'....
It's the looking in the windows while you walk the dog that they frown upon.

:D

I think that peeing on every tree after the dog marked it caused the problem.

MarauderTJA
04-22-2007, 10:27 AM
Charlie, I just hope you were wearing pants:lol:

Bigdogjim
04-22-2007, 10:44 AM
Charlie: Don't listen to them a dog is still the best way to meet chicks:rofl:

Just go to the park:lol:

ChiTownMaraud3r
04-22-2007, 11:22 AM
I don't really remember the episode perfectly, maybe someone can help, but when you say "close call with the law" , this reminds me of that simpsons episode where Ned Flanders recalls his close calls with the law, of someone knocking at his door and looking for someone named really similar to him, and there is no problem at all. I know someone remembers this episode better than me.

DEFYANT
04-22-2007, 06:18 PM
Good thing they didnt find the guns and drugs you had!

LordVader
04-23-2007, 05:30 AM
Well I guess the good thing was, they didn't pull any weapons on you or have you "spread 'em". Close, but no cigar!!

ckadiddle
04-23-2007, 06:10 AM
Welcome to the club, Blue. Strange men with blue marauders. It's very elite. ;)

ParkRanger
04-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Sounds like you met up with Clouseau. "Does your dog bite?"

knine
04-23-2007, 11:53 PM
Welcome to the club, Blue. Strange men with blue marauders. It's very elite. ;)
No, not really..........no.

DefyantExWife
04-24-2007, 03:32 AM
LOL That is great Charlie :D

Haggis
04-24-2007, 04:36 AM
I guess that means that I am officially STRANGE now. A fashion wizard I'm not; but I kinda thought the Pirates of the Carribbean T-Shirt with matching pirates "skull & crossbone" socks was OK. :o

That sounds like you Charlie.

knine
04-24-2007, 05:12 AM
Youse gots a BLUE Haggis ? I didn't have you on the list.

seans
04-24-2007, 05:18 AM

You didn't ask for any LEO advice but I'm going to give it to you anyway. The socks and t-shirt are ok, but the Pirates hat and eye patch are way over the top.:)

Haggis
04-24-2007, 05:20 AM
Youse gots a BLUE Haggis ? I didn't have you on the list.

No I have two blacks, the only true Marauder color.

knine
04-24-2007, 05:30 AM
That's great. Can't have black and blue without the black.

No I have two blacks, the only true Marauder color.

Bluerauder
04-24-2007, 06:16 AM
You didn't ask for any LEO advice but I'm going to give it to you anyway. The socks and t-shirt are ok, but the Pirates hat and eye patch are way over the top.:)

The cutlass and parrot on my shoulder probably didn't help any either. :rofl:

vkirkend
04-24-2007, 06:24 AM
Everybody likes you Charlie....