PDA

View Full Version : Sirius SAT help

bryanthomas
04-25-2007, 05:50 PM
Alright fellow Marauderers.... I need some help.

I bought my Mach 1 from the original owner and he had a subscription to Sirius. IT was cool and I got to enjoy for the first 2-3 months of ownership at his expense. (Pretty nice guy!)

Anyways his subscription expired so I called up Sirius today to sign up for it and went ahead and paid for 3 months. Well they send the signal to my car and nothing happened. Hhmm.... we stay on the phone for a few minutes, they send it again and still nothing.... So anyway, the Sirius chick gives me some Ford 800 number to call.

I called the Ford # and it doesn't work. Hhmm... Well *****. :-) Nothing happens when I press the SAT button. It just says to call Sirius. So I called them back and they reccomended taking ti to a Ford dealer.

Any one else have a similar experience? I enjoyed the Sirius when I had it, but if I have to have something repair (i.e. $$$) then I will just call them back and cancel it.

HELP!!!<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

MENINBLK
04-25-2007, 06:16 PM
Call your Dealer and ask them who is local that services their radios.

Up here in New York, the local Authorized Service Center
is Model Electronics in West Nyack, NY.
They service MOST US and Foreign radios and instrument panels,
including electronic speedos.

larryo340
04-25-2007, 07:50 PM
did sirius ask for the ESN number? I do not think it can be activated unless that is given.
:thinker: Stupid question, when it worked originally did you control it thru the radio controls, and display showing on radio face?

bryanthomas
04-25-2007, 08:08 PM
did sirius ask for the ESN number? I do not think it can be activated unless that is given.
:thinker: Stupid question, when it worked originally did you control it thru the radio controls, and display showing on radio face?

Yeah, I gave them the ESN #.

Yeah, it's a factory Ford satellite radio. It is all controlled/displayed through the OEM head unit.

larryo340
04-26-2007, 04:18 AM
the dealer should be able to repair system, in most dealers the FORD alarms and accessories are handled by an outside FORD authorized shop for installs and repairs.
I do not know the cost for repair though. That would depend on which is bad radio or sirius tuner. Most likely sirius tuner is culprit. I do know that here in NY is dealers pay about $300 to install the OEM sirius kit into car then mark it up to some crazy price. But either way they should be able to help.

Drewstang
04-27-2007, 10:19 PM
It can take upto 15-20 minutes to work sometimes. I have a Kenwood Sirius tuner and if I unhook the battery or leave the reciever disconnected for a while, it takes forever to reactivate.

hwy73
04-28-2007, 08:47 AM
A couple of other suggestions....

A Sirius radio without a subscription should at least receive Ch. 184 (Weather) audio, along with the display "Call Sirius at ....." This ensures adequate reception so the programming signal from the satellite can hit it.

Is it possible you (or the cust. service rep.) got one of the ESN digits wrong ?

I recently purchased a new tuner (Sportster model, obviously external and not built into the car) and I wanted to transfer my existing subscription from my old receiver to the new. The cust. service rep. could not quite figure it out, so when he started scratching his head, I hung up the phone, called back in 5 minutes and got a different rep. on the phone and she made it happen in two minutes.