PDA

View Full Version : Mad Max

Pops
04-30-2007, 06:25 AM
I had dinner with the Greek God Saturday night and saw the Mad Max in person! Have to tell you this is one cool car and does it draw attention. Dale went to watch my wifes hockey game Sat. afternoon and all the girls were freaked out when they were walking thru the parking lot with open beer and looked up and saw what they thought was a cop car.
Mad Max sounds good and has that fast look about it. Dale has a half white helmut that he puts on that looks like a cop should wear and its funny to see him in that car with it on. After he left the restaurant I saw him get on it although I am sure he did not put all the power to it and it took off like a rocket! The whine of the SC could be heard with my windows rolled up. Keep watching for more details on Mad Max cause I think Dale is going to amaze us with that car as he has time to sort it out and figure out how to get the power to the ground. If you ever get a chance to see this car you will grin ear to ear. Thanks for bringing this car to Michigan Dale.

:banana2: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Raudermaster
04-30-2007, 07:05 AM
I can only imagine. That car is a beast to being with. He just needs a hood now so it's no so obvious now. :-D I can't believe he got it already that fast.

RoyLPita
04-30-2007, 07:47 AM
I'm praying that Mad Max shows up for the WDC.

Pops
04-30-2007, 08:09 AM
That would be cool! WE will have to start working on Dale now for that one. I know that he has to take care of his mother so It will be tough.

Power Surge
04-30-2007, 08:59 AM
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Raudermaster
04-30-2007, 09:16 AM
I bet you miss it Sal...I saw you on the SHO forums, you picked up another one I see?

RCSignals
04-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Yes Sal, what's next?

Power Surge
04-30-2007, 02:51 PM
I bet you miss it Sal...I saw you on the SHO forums, you picked up another one I see?

Three, actually, LOL. I got a white 90 from my buddy, who also gave me a red 90 parts car with it. Then I was going to buy some slicers from a local guy off his 93, and he asked if I just wanted the whole car for the same price, so now I have a green 93 part car as well. :eek:

Krytin
04-30-2007, 04:51 PM
Three, actually, LOL. I got a white 90 from my buddy, who also gave me a red 90 parts car with it. Then I was going to buy some slicers from a local guy off his 93, and he asked if I just wanted the whole car for the same price, so now I have a green 93 part car as well. :eek:
Nice Sal! The '90 is one of the last years for the big "slab side" style. Those are my favorite. When you finish the monster engine swap in that one, I CALL DIBS WHEN YOU GET READY TO SELL IT!

GreekGod
04-30-2007, 06:26 PM
Nice Sal! The '90 is one of the last years for the big "slab side" style. Those are my favorite. When you finish the monster engine swap in that one, I CALL DIBS WHEN YOU GET READY TO SELL IT!

Krytin is smart to call "dibs" first! It will be fun to see what Sal comes up with next, especially if it is a Panther chassis. MadMax is my first 500+ hp vehicle, and I am being cautious with it. The 28 spline axles have to go.

If anyone knows what a good tire/wheel combo is for the rear, please let me know. I'm thinking of 17 x 8, 9. or 10" wide "D-hole" steel wheels with summer/rain type radials. The BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW NT 255/40-17 might work well. A Nitto NT555 255/50-ZR17 is taller (27"dia), will work with an 8" wide wheel, and seems to have about 10" wide tread. I want a wide, long patch tread, for traction and street driving, with good tread mileage, while filling the stock wheel well.

I only wear the half helmet for "show", not while I'm driving around. I should wear a full face helmet, full time!

The state has already issued "MadMax" plates, so I ordered "CVPI".

I need to do something with the hood, so I can go through a carwash. Thinking of getting a used hood and bolting on an oversized, reversed Boss 429 type scoop. I could install a flapper type intake door and open/close it with a cable.

RCSignals
04-30-2007, 06:48 PM
It's amasing just how durable the 8.8 with 28 splines is.
...not to mention the axle housing itself, which appears 'light'

Raudermaster
04-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Sal, I think I'm going to sell my SHO :(. Who knows what else is going to go on it, and I've already sunken enough $$ into it. I might buy my buddy's '95 EB Bronco for the winter instead.