PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Vacation Home Rental

DeadVic
05-01-2007, 11:32 AM
Any suggestions for/against any particular properties or companies?

We're looking for 13 nights in October. I've had some bad experiences online already trying to find something that is a fit and that I'm comfortable with contract wise.

Thanks!

JMan
05-02-2007, 03:36 AM
Maybe PM Defyant or Defyantwife. They stayed at a house at MVIV with their kids and the pony (puppy).

J

mrjones
05-02-2007, 06:46 AM
Bryan, I'll see if I can dig up the info on the place where we stayed Thanksgiving before last. It was a pretty good deal - about $1500 for a week, and it was a huge house with a pool, hot tub, game room, and would sleep probably 15 people. We had no problems with it.

Bluerauder
05-02-2007, 07:29 AM
Maybe PM Defyant or Defyantwife.
J
^^^^^ This was my first thought as well. Understand that they were very happy and price was reasonable.

DeadVic
05-02-2007, 07:36 AM
Thanks, guys. I found a place. New, four bedroom, pool, etc. cleaning fee, pool heat, 13 nights for $1500 total. It is in Davenport about 10 minutes south/west of Orlo Bronson (sp?).

The first contract I received was from some joker. The second home seems like a better deal and more on the up and up.

DefyantExWife
05-02-2007, 09:10 AM
sorry i found this thread too late. There are better deals out there than that. We got a 4-bedroom house for $450 for 6 nights, well.. plus like $20 a day for pool heat because it was November.

Um, just a note: All of these houses are owned privately, however, they are managed by management companies and are maintained well. That was our 2nd time going that route, 2 different houses, 2 different management companies, both in Kissimmee.

You did find something you liked. I will just say that if you want to save money, there are better deals to be had for that sized house. How'd you find that place anyway? via what web site ? I think mine was www.vacationhomerentals.com (http://www.vacationhomerentals.com) that might be wrong, I would have to do some digging if you were interested in finding a better deal, then I would.

DeadVic
05-02-2007, 09:52 AM
Same website. I have signed nothing yet. If you have info on the house you rented, please share. Thanks!

Marauder
05-02-2007, 10:23 AM
www.celebrityresorts.com

DefyantExWife
05-02-2007, 12:15 PM
this is the actual house we stayed in, but we were limited because we wanted a pet-friendly house. this web site, however, is chock full of better deals.

http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/22774.html

DeadVic
05-02-2007, 09:03 PM
I took a look. With our rental being for 13 nights that are not sunday to saturday and that we want new (less than a year old), no pets (I have allergies), with all the fees and taxes included (including pool heat for 14 days) I don't think $1500 is too bad compared to what else I'm seeing here and else where. It works out to $115 a day. I had budgeted $150, so i'm happy at this point.

THanks for the help!!

DefyantExWife
05-03-2007, 03:07 AM
Good deal then ! You will love it!

So many people dont think of doing this, they spend the same money on a dinky hotel room and here you get 3 to 4 bedrooms, a garage, your own pool, and laundry machines and a kitchen (saves money on dining out).

JMan
05-03-2007, 04:31 AM
I took a look. With our rental being for 13 nights that are not sunday to saturday and that we want new (less than a year old), no pets (I have allergies), with all the fees and taxes included (including pool heat for 14 days) I don't think $1500 is too bad compared to what else I'm seeing here and else where. It works out to $115 a day. I had budgeted $150, so i'm happy at this point.

THanks for the help!!

Pool heating in Florida in October? Here's the seawater temps at Clearwater beach for the last two weeks. Can you imagine what a pool feels like in the afternoon or evening?

http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/cgi-bin-mp/data_plot.cgi?mins=&datum=0&unit=1&stn=8726724&bdate=20070421&edate=20070503&data_type=temp&shift=g&plot_size=large

J

DefyantExWife
05-03-2007, 06:30 AM
nice, but this is Spring time, we've been having 75 to 80 degrees up North even.

He's talking September if I remember right. It does start to get cool in the evenings which saps pools of their heat real fast. In November, it was definitely worth it. We had to heat the pool and keep the solar blanket on all night and it was still.. about body temp and no better.