PDA

View Full Version : Dead Pedal Users

tomd
06-26-2003, 02:21 PM
Is the Kenny Brown dead pedal strong enough to take the downward pressure of a left foot on right turns? If I get the dead pedal I plan on using it to brace myself on right turns so I don’t have to adjust my big ass each time I turn right. Love the car but hate the driver seat! :mad2:

Thanks

Menace
06-26-2003, 02:53 PM
I would say yes although I only weigh 170 lbs. I feel the dead pedal is a must have for this car. I love mines, well worth the money. I can push it with all my strength and it does not move, its pretty solid. :up: :up:

Slowpoke
06-26-2003, 02:53 PM
yes

cyled
06-28-2003, 02:03 PM
At 6'3" and around 220, it helps keep my backside firmly planted in the seat.

I Give it :up: :up:

Marauder57
06-28-2003, 04:51 PM
A dead pedal of somekind is needed....personally and now knock on KB...I just did not think the dead pedal into the kick plate would hold up with by large arse....170lbs is on thing....6'3" 300+ is another.....

I actually made mine and installed it under the carpet....it is pretty easy to get under there.....no drilling. I used a piece of wood block wedged in the triangle...then drilled an metal break custom break plate into the wood throught the carpet......it is actually metallic blue....looks pretty sweet and very functional....I can extend my leg all the way down and get about a whole foot (Size 13) on the floor....very happy with it.....and it definately helps on the turns

martyo
06-29-2003, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Marauder57
A dead pedal of somekind is needed....personally and no knock on KB...I just did not think the dead pedal into the kick plate would hold up with by large arse....170lbs is on thing....6'3" 300+ is another....

The KB dead pedal has a metal bracket backing it up (behind the kick panel), so it is not just bolted to the plastic kick panel. So far it has not caved under the pressure of my 235llbs. 6' 3" of pure muscle, but your results may vary....

Marauder57
06-29-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by martyo
The KB dead pedal has a metal bracket backing it up (behind the kick panel), so it is not just bolted to the plastic kick panel. So far it has not caved under the pressure of my 235llbs. 6' 3" of pure muscle, but your results may vary....

Well that is cool...the other thing on the KB is that it just looked a little high....but I am happy with my set up and I know all the KB dead pedal guys are happy with their own..... 235 pure muscle.....must be nice Ahnold Schvartznmartyo.... ;)

studio460
06-29-2003, 09:15 AM
I was thinking of ordering a 3-piece automatic set of Mustang Bullitt pedals (accelerator, brake, dead pedal) and hoping to jury-rig them onto the Marauder pedals somehow just because they look so darn cool.

http://newsfile.tv/bullittpedal.jpg
3-piece automatic Mustang Bullitt pedal kit

Anyone with the KB dead pedal know if there is any way to mount the Bullitt dead pedal in a similar fashion? Even though the pedal kit sells for nearly $100, I won't mind drilling, bending, etc. to get them to install. Thanks.

TripleTransAm
06-29-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Marauder57
must be nice Ahnold Schvartznmartyo.... ;)

So was he the one that coined that famous movie phrase by walking into a Mercury dealership asking to see a Marauder and saying:
"Ah'll be blah-ck!" ?

:D

Marauder57
06-29-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by TripleTransAm
So was he the one that coined that famous movie phrase by walking into a Mercury dealership asking to see a Marauder and saying:
"Ah'll be blah-ck!" ?

:D

Yah! Dat's da von!

martyo
06-29-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by NBC Shooter
Anyone with the KB dead pedal know if there is any way to mount the Bullitt dead pedal in a similar fashion? Even though the pedal kit sells for nearly $100, I won't mind drilling, bending, etc. to get them to install. Thanks.

It looks like with some tinkering you could get this to match up with the extended bracket supplied by Kenny Brown, buthis pedal would be wasted. I do like the Bullit billet style pedals though. If you get 'em to work, please let me know..... I spent all my money on other parts to tinker with!!

cyled
06-30-2003, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by NBC Shooter
I was thinking of ordering a 3-piece automatic set of Mustang Bullitt pedals (accelerator, brake, dead pedal) and hoping to jury-rig them onto the Marauder pedals somehow just because they look so darn cool.

http://newsfile.tv/bullittpedal.jpg
3-piece automatic Mustang Bullitt pedal kit

The KB pedal mounts to the emergency brake mount and thus the holes are pre-drilled for that spacing. Just looking at the picture above, the hole spacings do not look the same, so you may have to get creative on the mounting. It looks like the dead pedal pictured above would go under the kick panel versus with KB's you have to drill two holes in the kick panel. The location is such, if I ever sold the car and took it out, I would buy two plastic plugs to stick in the holes. Unless you where looking, you would never notice.

JohnE
06-30-2003, 07:36 AM
I have one and like it. Wish it mounted slightly farther back though. Someone here modified theirs to do exactly that. KB should make 2 sets of mounting holes for these. But overall I do like it. The KB dead pedal is very well made.

SergntMac
07-01-2003, 05:10 PM
New for '04, Power adjust Dead pedal...

Marauder57
07-01-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by SergntMac
New for '04, Power adjust Dead pedal...

Mac I can only hope you are kidding........ because I don't know if my wife will let me buy a new MM just for a Dead Pedal.... :(