PDA

View Full Version : I can't resist I gotta tell!

Motorhead350
05-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Well so much has been happening so I gotta spread the word. I finally got a real band together and the connections just keep coming in. Jerry from The Misfits is coming to hear us play in two weeks and we might land a tour... 95% sure and they play to 25,000 people a night overseas, but like The Ramones the number is a lot smaller here in the states. Marky Ramone said he would play my music on his show on Sirius Radio as soon as it's recorded and might even produce for me in a year or two. Also Joe Queer from The Queers asked me to drive him to Ben Weasels (Screeching Weasel) house in a few weeks so we'll see what Joe has in for store.

It's all coming together so fast and as soon as it's recorded I'll post the link here.... I got a real treat for the Marauder community when this comes out. :) I don't know how many of you know of The Queers or Screeching Weasel, but their pretty are big for post Ramones fans. Screeching Weasel isn't around anymore, but I can't wait to meet the singer. Also I'll be passing this stuff out to Bo Diddleys drummer and I have local help from a band who headlines The Metro here in Chicago... The Metro is a pretty big deal here, if you can pack it people fat cats become interested in you. Alright thats it I can't wait to post that one song for you guys and girls! :D :D :D

KillJoy
05-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Good for you Dominick!!!

Life is ALL about connections....and you seem to have more than a few in the music biz!

If you end up touring, and make it to Central Ohio, I'll be there w/ a few friends ;)

I hope this works out for you!!! Best of luck!!

KillJoy

Todd
05-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Congrats....

Sounds very cool to me!

Motorhead350
05-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Thanks Steve you know I'll be in Ohio. I haven't been to The Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame in two months, I need to see Duane Eddies guitar again and the Sun Record section. ;)

crouse
05-03-2007, 02:58 PM
Good luck Dominick. Maybe you can use your Marauder in a music video some day.

Motorhead350
05-03-2007, 03:01 PM
I was going to use it for a cover, but decided a car from 2003 isn't old school plus I don't wanna look like a snob by showing off a car. Music video.... maybe someday. No 24 inch rimz thats for sho! :D

jgc61sr2002
05-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Congrats and Good Luck.:D

ckadiddle
05-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Good luck with it! :)

........my weasel only screeches when it gets caught in the zipper....

JMan
05-04-2007, 02:48 AM

You crack me up!

Best luck Dom! Rock-on!

J

Cobra25
05-04-2007, 04:14 AM
Congrats! I wish you the Best of Luck .

High-C
05-04-2007, 04:37 AM
Rock On!!!

magindat
05-04-2007, 05:49 AM

Yeah, Dom. Best to ya.

Glad to see you back, "Clyde"!

Shora
05-04-2007, 06:43 AM

LMAO.

No joke, I just spit OJ all over the monitor/ keyboard.

rvaldez1
05-04-2007, 07:38 AM
What a feeling huh? You should look into playing on different college campus radios too!

LordVader
05-04-2007, 09:28 AM
As Randy Jackson would say "Way to Go - Dog!!"

Motorhead350
05-04-2007, 09:48 AM
Thanks to everyone you guys are great. Screeching Weasel??? hahaha that was too funny!

96DiamondVIII
05-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Best of luck man, hope to hear more good news soon!

Mike Poore
05-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Yeah, Yeah, just don't go writing/playing songs about cool old people who don't watch the tee vee. :D

Congratulations Dominick. I'll trade you one of my autographed Mustang Monthlies / Sunshine for your first Rolling Stone mention/cover.(autographed, of course) :high5:

Motorhead350
05-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Yeah, Yeah, just don't go writing/playing songs about cool old people who don't watch the tee vee. :D

Theres a lotta things I keep to myself unless someone asks. That and being Straight Edge (look it up if you don't know what it means) are the two I keep my mouth shut about. Lately I have been writing about rough times with girls (not in an arguement :D :D but not explicit, you'll see), cars, Chicago, stupid girls who like jerks.... the usual stuff. It's a much older style and I should have a page up in a month or two. Right now we got down 8 originals, 6 are perfect and I have 12 total worth using. Two are insturmental Surf songs.

When we play for the guy from The Misfits we'll probably play our best 3, but knowing him he'd probably wanna hear everything we got. I'll keep everyone posted and thanks for the good luck! :)

Mike Poore
05-06-2007, 07:44 PM
I did look up Straight Edge, and now, you not only get my congratulations, but have my respect as well. :)

Motorhead350
05-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Thanks Mike I wouldn't wanna live any other way. I think I'm the only straight edge college student without an "experimental" past. :shake: