PDA

View Full Version : Footie!

Mad4Macs
05-03-2007, 03:14 PM
OK, got to admit it... but after following the World Cup last year... and after having friends from "across the pond" insist I follow EPL games in '07, I'm hooked!
Only thing is, since I REFUSE to call it "football", and since the Londoners cringe upon hearing us call it "soccer", I've had come up with a name more appropriate for the game.
From now on, I vote that Americans refer to the World's Most Popular Sport as "KickBall".
:lol:
Oh, how they hate that! Muahahaha :D

supa_carrot
05-03-2007, 07:46 PM
I voted Kickball. If they hate soccer, they will definitley hate Kickball. Although I've never played soccer, and probably never will, I have played Kickball that is played similar to baseball which is lots of fun. I think soccer is boring anyhow, atleast to watch.

rayjay
05-04-2007, 01:04 AM
I've been calling it kick ball for years, drives people nuts. :D

Mike Poore
05-06-2007, 04:19 AM
I voted, thinking you were talking about the real FOOTBALL we play and love here in America, not soccer. :o

Frankly, I put soccer and hockey in the same category: no interest. The depth of my ambivalence is such that I cannot name a single US soccer team, and just a couple of the hockey teams; but may not be able to match the team name with the city. Bruins are Boston, right? :confused:

I hereby edit/change my vote to: don't call me late...... :beer: