PDA

View Full Version : World's Largest......

Marauderjack
05-06-2007, 12:29 PM
......Ford, Lincoln-Mercury dealership moved to Bluffton from Beaufort, SC!!:cool:

O. C. Welch inhereted the dealership from his father and built it to where it is today and Ford required the move along with the separation of Ford from Lincoln-Mercury....which is why he was the largest....most are either Ford or Lincoln-Mercury not all three!!:shake:

Anyway, the move to Bluffton, SC (Hilton Head) will generate way more "bidness" and appease the "whiners" at corporate.....We'll see!!:cool:

Attached is a photo of the empty dealership!! He usually had 500-600 cars and trucks there....Looks weird empty!!!:eek: He also sold 750-1000 vehicles per month back in 2000 according to the salesman I bought my 2000 CV from!!:beer:

Marauderjack:burnout:

PhastPhil
05-06-2007, 12:52 PM
I don't understand why Ford corporate woud force him to break up the brands. Here in Manhattan they sell Ford,Lincoln,Mercury, Jaguar, and Land Rover all under one roof.

Marauderjack
05-06-2007, 01:38 PM
He has 3 separate buildings......Used cars.....Ford.....Lincoln-Mercury??:rolleyes:

Maybe it was just his idea to split them up.....I'll try to find out!!;) I did hear that Ford forced the move from Beaufort to Bluffton!!:cool:

His new place looks to be 1/4 mile long on 278 in Bluffton!!:bows:

GreekGod
05-06-2007, 01:54 PM
Isn't the largest L-M dealer in Texas?

Marauderjack
05-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Isn't the largest L-M dealer in Texas?

Hello.......I said....."F-L-M".....not "L-M"??:rolleyes:

GreekGod
05-06-2007, 02:18 PM
Hello.......I said....."F-L-M".....not "L-M"??:rolleyes:

Hello...I said "L-M"...not "F-L-M"

Marauderjack
05-06-2007, 02:35 PM
Hello...I said "L-M"...not "F-L-M"

Uh......then I guess we are EVEN??:beer:

Who really cares.....Ford may not exist in a few years but I do know the Welch family has made GAZILLIONS with F.....L-M!!!!:bows:

fastblackmerc
05-06-2007, 02:58 PM
Checkout this Ford dealership. Within 2 miles of my house.

http://www.crossroadsofraleigh.com/

GreekGod
05-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Checkout this Ford dealership. Within 2 miles of my house.

http://www.crossroadsofraleigh.com/

Big-un! Our south-end Ford dealer used to advertise the largest showroom east of the Mississippi, but that one looks bigger.